Value of: RW Mark Stone

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I'm not addressing the 8x8 bit, but Stone for Ottawa's first back to them, makes a great deal of sense.
Actually it makes zero sense for the Sens.

They'll keep Stone and sign him in the new year under new ownership.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Actually it makes zero sense for the Sens.

They'll keep Stone and sign him in the new year under new ownership.
Yeah I bet Stone can’t wait. He probably just forced Ottawa into signing a one year deal because he hates security and definitely not so he could sign wherever in the league he wanted for a lot of dollars next year.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah I bet Stone can’t wait. He probably just forced Ottawa into signing a one year deal because he hates security and definitely not so he could sign wherever in the league he wanted for a lot of dollars next year.
The problem in Ottawa is the owner.

When he is gone, the players will sign. They know the change in ownership is in the works and are simply waiting for completion before committing.

Why do you think EK is in Ottawa still? Why have we heard nothing from Duchene? Why hasn't Stone demanded a trade if he wants out so badly?

Sorry Avs fans, but your fantasies of a complete collapse in Ottawa are about to come crashing down.

Can't blame you for wanting it and I hope you'll forgive me for reminding the idiot portion of the fanbase that has worked themselves into a lather over the Sens pick when it comes in lower than the Avs 1st.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

When he is gone, the players will sign. They know the change in ownership is in the works and are simply waiting for completion before committing.

Why do you think EK is in Ottawa still? Why have we heard nothing from Duchene? Why hasn't Stone demanded a trade if he wants out so badly?

Sorry Avs fans, but your fantasies of a complete collapse in Ottawa are about to come crashing down.

Can't blame you for wanting it and I hope you'll forgive me for reminding the idiot portion of the fanbase that has worked themselves into a lather over the Sens pick when it comes in lower than the Avs 1st.
Hey I wish the best for the franchise. I also wish my team does well with that pick too but I truly wish the best for your franchise.

In saying that, there’s a tremendous sense of entitlement and some thick blinders being worn by your fan base. I mean come on, you yourself just said “Why do you think EK is in Ottawa still”? You said it as if you think he plans to stick around. He’s in Ottawa still because there hasn’t been a trade offered of Ottawa’s liking. If Erik Karlsson was committed to signing long term in Ottawa there wouldn’t be any trade discussions even happening with the best player the Franchise has ever had.

To think Karlsson’s wish is to re-up and stick around is just further example of how blinded some of you guys are.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Hey I wish the best for the franchise. I also wish my team does well with that pick too but I truly wish the best for your franchise.

In saying that, there’s a tremendous sense of entitlement and some thick blinders being worn by your fan base. I mean come on, you yourself just said “Why do you think EK is in Ottawa still”? You said it as if you think he plans to stick around. He’s in Ottawa still because there hasn’t been a trade offered of Ottawa’s liking. If Erik Karlsson was committed to signing long term in Ottawa there wouldn’t be any trade discussions even happening with the best player the Franchise has ever had.

To think Karlsson’s wish is to re-up and stick around is just further example of how blinded some of you guys are.
Or perhaps some in Ottawa are privy to what is going on behind the scenes.

EK loves Ottawa and despises Eugene. He will re-sign once Melnyk has sold.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As an Oil fan I'd be very interested in acquiring Stone. The guy would be the perfect RW for McDavid.

What about this deal...

To OTT: Nuge, Yamamoto, Benning

To EDM: Stone, Wideman

Benning and Wideman are for salary purposes (EDM saves 900k, close to making up salary between Stone and Nuge). Nuge is the lesser player, but is signed for 3 years, which helps considering the potential exodus of talented impending UFA's. To make up the difference between Stone>Nuge, we have Yamamoto - our #2 prospect and WJC linemate of Brady Tkachuk.

Thoughts?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Or perhaps some in Ottawa are privy to what is going on behind the scenes.

EK loves Ottawa and despises Eugene. He will re-sign once Melnyk has sold.
So what, he’s just going to clench his butt cheeks and hope he isn’t traded before that happens? He’s willing to negotiate with “some” teams now before a trade is fabricated but maybe he’s just doing that as a ploy to help Ottawa out and then he will come back and sign as a UFA next year after he wins a cup somewhere else?

Get real. If Erik Karlssons plan is to be in Ottawa long term these trade talks don’t exist. Especially with him willingly communicating with other teams. Even the biggest of homers can admit that. This is crazy talk what you’re even trying to argue.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Why did Andersson ask to be traded?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
So what, he’s just going to clench his butt cheeks and hope he isn’t traded before that happens? He’s willing to negotiate with “some” teams now before a trade is fabricated but maybe he’s just doing that as a ploy to help Ottawa out and then he will come back and sign as a UFA next year after he wins a cup somewhere else?

Get real. If Erik Karlssons plan is to be in Ottawa long term these trade talks don’t exist. Especially with him willingly communicating with other teams. Even the biggest of homers can admit that. This is crazy talk what you’re even trying to argue.
Did EK demand to talk to other teams?

Could an asset like EK be used as a bargaining chip during the sale of a club?

Why has the EK trade scenarios been so bizarre with some people stating deals were done at the TDL and again after the draft only to find out later on the deals weren't even close?

At some point people are going to have to apply some critical thinking to what is going on in Ottawa.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Did EK demand to talk to other teams?

Could an asset like EK be used as a bargaining chip during the sale of a club?

Why has the EK trade scenarios been so bizarre with some people stating deals were done at the TDL and again after the draft only to find out later on the deals weren't even close?

At some point people are going to have to apply some critical thinking to what is going on in Ottawa.
Lol ok. They’re fake trading Karlsson as a ploy.

Keep the conspiracies coming bud.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You tell me. After all, you seem to have all the answers and all the knowledge of everything happening behind the scenes.

Or at least you are pretending to.
Would a goalie Anderson's age coming of the season he just had be part of your plans?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Would a goalie Anderson's age coming of the season he just had be part of your plans?
What does that have to do with HIM asking for a trade?

And Anderson is just about to START the contract he signed with Ottawa. So obviously he was in Ottawa's plan for the next 2 years.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
What does that have to do with HIM asking for a trade?

And Anderson is just about to START the contract he signed with Ottawa. So obviously he was in Ottawa's plan for the next 2 years.
Neither ownership group wants Anderson to stay around.

The players the incoming group wants have all been dead silent

See if you can spot the difference.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Not an Av's fan, but a Leafs fan. I don't disagree with you about the ownership situation, it's a disaster. That being said, I don't share your optimism, that Melnyk will be gone quick enough to make a difference. If I were to believe your viewpoint, that Melnyk will be gone shortly, I might agree with you, that it makes sense to try and keep these guys.

I personally think EK and Stone are in Ottawa still, because they haven't found a trade that they like as of yet. I think the probability that both of these players are gone before the deadline, is highly probable, and at this point, probably a very good strategic move for a rebuild. Clearly there are some very good young players in the organization, but to load up on picks, prospects, and young players, by trading away these three pieces, probably is now the best route forward.

I do hope that the ownership gets fixed, because no fan base deserves what is going on, and I don't wish poorly on any franchise, no matter how much we are rivals. Good strong teams, with healthy rivalries, pushing each other to get better, is far superior to the current situation.

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
With how easily things in Ottawa gets leaked, it would have been widely known by now if a change in ownership was at all close.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Wheeler proves to be hard to re-sign for the Jets, I could see them make a run at Stone as a UFA next off season. He's a Winnipeg guy who might want to play for a top team in his home town, and without Wheeler the Jets could likely find the cap room.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Wheeler proves to be hard to re-sign for the Jets, I could see them make a run at Stone as a UFA next off season. He's a Winnipeg guy who might want to play for a top team in his home town, and without Wheeler the Jets could likely find the cap room.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
As an Oil fan I'd be very interested in acquiring Stone. The guy would be the perfect RW for McDavid.

What about this deal...

To OTT: Nuge, Yamamoto, Benning

To EDM: Stone, Wideman

?

Pretty sure the Sens can get more than this.

RNH has proven that he is a secondary player and Yamamoto is a meh prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->