RW/LW Lucas Raymond - Frolunda HC, SWE JRs (2020, 4th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Maybe 15 years ago. The DEL is pretty good now with a lot of guys having played in the AHL, SHL and NLA jumping over there. Even a few former NHLers. The top teams in the DEL could compete with any of the teams in the SHL.

And I'm a Wings fan who is really pulling for Raymond to be the right choice for the team, but stating that the 2nd/3rd highest ranked prospect has low hockey IQ is insane. Stutzle is supremely talented. Exceptional stickhandler. Easily top 3 in the draft. Possibly the best or 2nd best skating ability in the draft, and top notch playmaking ability while having a non-stop motor.

It's literally been 3 days since they were drafted. Slow your roll, dude.
Which is why SHL have won every CHL title save for one which was won by Liiga. :naughty:

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Oh and I hope the German kids will become success in NHL. Anything that can help the sport grow in Europe is welcome.​

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I would’ve taken Raymond first overall. Biggest steal of the draft. I’m not just saying that cause I’m a Red Wings fan either. I felt the same way about Seider last year and Zadina the year before.

You would've taken Zadina over Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuck, and Hughes?

Well that's about all I need to know about someones opinion.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I would’ve taken Raymond first overall. Biggest steal of the draft. I’m not just saying that cause I’m a Red Wings fan either. I felt the same way about Seider last year and Zadina the year before.

I don't usually disagree with your posts because you're pretty level headed most of the time...but tonight you's have had too much sugar cereals.

Lafreniere will be beastly in the NHL. He's the one guy I feel confident in saying he'll be at least a point per game threat in the NHL. Stutzle will be a good player as soon as the league starts up. I'm on the fence regarding Byfield. Could be great, could be a huge bust.
Dahlin will develop into a Norris contender, and Svechnikov is going to be an incredible winger for years to come. I think a lot of teams messed up by not taking Zadina who I believe is going to be a bonafide 35 goal guy, but in a redraft he should be 4th to 6th behind Hughes and Tkachuk and Kotkaniemi(for now) but will KK and Tkachuk.
Seider I'll give you. Outside of Kirby Dach and maybe Trevor Zegras I don't see Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte or (maybe) Byram having the same impact on his team's game as Seider.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018

Well we would take Hughes and Dahlin over Zadina but i don't know abou svechnikov. Svechnikov is playing with Aho and Teravainen and Zadina is playing with Helm and Nielsen and was still able to score 24 goals if he played with them full year, if that Is not huge accomplishment, then i don't know what is. And i would never take Tkachuk over Zadina are you f kidding me lol, don't get me wrong Tkachuk will be 60 point pain it the ass, but Zs ceiling is much higher. Detroit need superstars badly, so taking player with highest ceiling is this teams foremost priority.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
And i would never take Tkachuk over Zadina are you f kidding me lol, don't get me wrong Tkachuk will be 60 point pain it the ass, but Zs ceiling is much higher.

Thats a truly shocking take from @ZadinaN11...

Zadina is a going to be a great player by the looks of it, dont get me wrong here. But every single GM in the league (aside from possibly Dubas and his love for dem gOaLz) would take Tkachuk without blinking twice. Hes already a very special player with plenty of room left to grow, just as much as Zadina. And he's a born leader that will be the face of his team.

And most people in the hockey world are waking up to the fact that a well coached and hard nosed defensive team like the Islanders are fully capable of steam rolling an offense first teams (that cant adapt) in playoff hockey. The Blues did it the year before too, but they had the talent to actually win it all.

And right now Brady is on the fast track to become the text book example for league on what a modern day power forward looks like. And I believe that is a far more difficult player to get than goal scoring winger.

The very few real PWFs in the NHL never become available, because their teams never let that happen. Whereas a 1st line goal scoring winger - like say anyone in the range from Mike Hoffman to a Phil Kessel - are moved around every year, and can always be acquired for the right price (maybe even at a discount).

TLDR - Zadina is going to have to be one hell of an elite point producer and a complete 200ft player before hes in the same range as Brady for true overall value in the eyes of the GMs of the NHL.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and mazmin

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Every time i go in here to read about Raymond i learn something new about a couple of other players and nothing about Raymond.

It sure look like Raymond is going to get decent to plenty of playingtime this year in Frölunda, which is good news for the Wings, Raymond will surely develop as a player and will get used to handle some pressure and expectations both on and off the ice. He will look like a pro at next years preseason camp!

Last edited:
Reactions: koalabear9301

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
It sure look like Raymond is going to get decent to plenty of playingtime this year in Frölunda, which is good news for the Wings, Raymond will surley develop as a player and will get used to handle some pressure and expectations both on and off the ice. He will look like a pro at next years preseason camp!
I hope he surprises some critics. But you can never know.

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
source.gif

J15

Mar 18, 2009

To be fair, I think most boards had him ahead of Tkachuk and almost everyone had him ahead of Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad