RW Koehn Ziemmer - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2023, 78th, LAK)

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I currently have Ziemmer ranked 14th. He’s skates like a bull and has one of the best shots in the draft. I’d only have Bedard, Michkov, and Yager ahead as better pure shooters.
Wow. 14th is pretty high in this draft he must’ve really flown under my radar so far.

Who do you rank below him?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Wow. 14th is pretty high in this draft he must’ve really flown under my radar so far.

Who do you rank below him?

List on the most recent page here:

spunk buster

Apr 29, 2022
I'm liking this kid and think he could do wonders in the Tampa system, I know it's early to put a team on this kid but I just think Tampa is his team. From what I've seen this kids got good hands in tight and isn't afraid to forecheck there is almost this like stickiness to him, me and my scouting friends call him fly paper because no matter where goes the puck follows. I wish him well if he doesn't end up on Tampa because I don't know where his skill curve ends in anywhere but Florida

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Played very well tonight, as well as other games this season. Every time he was in the ozone, he shot or created something. He was so dangerous.
So close to his hat trick.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
This guy is putting up a monster season, consistent every night, 2nd in WHL scoring, outplaying his fellow teammate and 2023 draft mate Heidt, and there's only 2 pages on him. Not only a scorer, but he has excellent vision (check out his assist on Heidt's hat trick goal)

If I had to compare RWs, I would take Ziemmer over Wood now. And I've been a big fan of Wood since his BCHL days.

Reactions: Dominance

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
This guy is putting up a monster season, consistent every night, 2nd in WHL scoring, outplaying his fellow teammate and 2023 draft mate Heidt, and there's only 2 pages on him. Not only a scorer, but he has excellent vision (check out his assist on Heidt's hat trick goal)

If I had to compare RWs, I would take Ziemmer over Wood now. And I've been a big fan of Wood since his BCHL days.
yeah but he's not a top 5 pick which so doesn't get the debate over him vs X player like Bedard/Fantilli/etc which is nice tbh, that gets old fast. Plus he's in PG who gets no attention. He reminds me a fair bit of Jack Quinn and should go somewhere in the mid 1st...we'll see if the scouts both to watch him

Reactions: Bubbles

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Watching him tonight as PG plays the Giants.

His speed obviously isn't outstanding, but I also wonder about his pace. Doesn't look like he's really doing things quickly enough in general.

On one hand he has offensive poise (and obviously talent, including the big shot), on the other-hand the pace of the NHL might be a problem for him.

Admittedly I'm going off 1 game, just what I noticed, curious what folks who have viewed him more think.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Watching him tonight as PG plays the Giants.

His speed obviously isn't outstanding, but I also wonder about his pace. Doesn't look like he's really doing things quickly enough in general.

On one hand he has offensive poise (and obviously talent, including the big shot), on the other-hand the pace of the NHL might be a problem for him.

Admittedly I'm going off 1 game, just what I noticed, curious what folks who have viewed him more think.
He’s not going to drive offense like Heidt does. Ziemmer is a guy who is really good in the offensive zone and can play with a bit of an edge. I actually like his tools. He could be a decent top 9 winger with power play upside. Underrated playmaking ability.

Like I said, I don’t think he’s going to be a guy that is going to be able to get the puck up the ice and really drive offense. But, he could be a good complimentary player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad