RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Got injured today. limbed off in 2nd didnt play in 3rd period. 0+0 in the 3 TPS home games this week but man he is skilled. super prospect

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Kakko scored pretty sick hat trick today, especially the first and last were nicely executed.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I'm really starting to like this kid. Any chance he might play for TPS by the end of the year? Just wondering. According to Eliteprospects he's got good height but might not have the frame just yet. That is if the site is up to date anyway.

Can't help to think but where do all these guys come from all of the sudden. I'm sure Finland will be pumped dry for the next two decades cause all the best dreams always end short.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
From what I have seen, the most I like about Kakko is how strong he is with the puck and in overall just seems to play really flawless game already. When you watch him play, you kind of get a feeling you are watching a more offensive minded Sebastian Aho.

I think he definately could play in Liiga.

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
Kakko has now 10+12=22 +9 on 16 games. I think he will got his chance on Liiga this season.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Any chance he might play for TPS by the end of the year?
I think he definately could play in Liiga.
If it was some other team than TPS then maybe. Once our injured players are back in roster, there's not really a place to put him. Besides, not really useful to play a player like him in the bottom six.

I hope they are working on maybe loaning him to Mestis, because there could be a spot for him in TPS next season. I would however, prefer that he would get some games against men before that.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Good to see his shot in action. Hopefully we will see him either in Liiga or Mestis this year so that I can actually watch him play and see how his abilities stack up against men.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
I swear I was going to make a comparison to Puljujärvi after watching that clip and before seeing that already 2 posters compared him to Pulju.

Silvennoinen PRO

Oct 27, 2017
Kokkola

Here Is My Tribibute For My Friend. Nothing Fantsy Just Mixed From videos Above.
Kakko Also Under Go Magnetic Resonance Imaging With The Heel. Not Sure If Play Today.

Last edited:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
If it was some other team than TPS then maybe. Once our injured players are back in roster, there's not really a place to put him. Besides, not really useful to play a player like him in the bottom six.

I hope they are working on maybe loaning him to Mestis, because there could be a spot for him in TPS next season. I would however, prefer that he would get some games against men before that.

Sending a player with that skill set to Mestis would be a crime instead of at least giving a tryout at the top league. The kid looks like he could become something really special and I wouldn't even be surprised if he turned out ready for the FEL. 16 year olds don't do that in U20s very often. I hope he's at least given a fair shot in the WJC team.

Reactions: Ippenator

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Getting him some games in Mestis this season would be normal development and something Laine and Puljujärvi went through as well.

Reactions: Hockeyisl1fe

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Getting him some games in Mestis this season would be normal development and something Laine and Puljujärvi went through as well.

Laine went through it because of the knee injury. He couldn't skate at all after the recovery. No doubts Laine would've played in FEL without it at age of 16. There are many other examples as well who spent their D-1 year in FEL and many far less talented as Kakko. Mestis isn't a bad option, that's not what I'm saying, but rather that I'd like to see him at "Liiga" ice first before the team decides which route is better for him/team.

Reactions: Ippenator

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Sending a player with that skill set to Mestis would be a crime instead of at least giving a tryout at the top league. The kid looks like he could become something really special and I wouldn't even be surprised if he turned out ready for the FEL. 16 year olds don't do that in U20s very often. I hope he's at least given a fair shot in the WJC team.
I just feel it would be a waste to place him in the 4th line just for the reason of getting a chance in Liiga. That's not a role suited for an offensive talent like him. And no matter how talented this guy is, he will not crack the top-6 this year unless TPS get massively unfortunate with injuries.

I would much rather see him playing a top role with top minutes against men than low minutes in role not suited for him in Liiga.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Laine went through it because of the knee injury. He couldn't skate at all after the recovery. No doubts Laine would've played in FEL without it at age of 16. There are many other examples as well who spent their D-1 year in FEL and many far less talented as Kakko. Mestis isn't a bad option, that's not what I'm saying, but rather that I'd like to see him at "Liiga" ice first before the team decides which route is better for him/team.
Not that many. Seriously.

The only ones who've had a significant impact would be Barkov, Puljujärvi and Juuso Ikonen if you really want to stretch the definition. Especially with TPS's team, as has been mentioned, he'd be getting maybe 7-8 minutes a night playing on the 4th line. Is that really the kind of development you think would be beneficial for him?

Mestis makes far more sense.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Not that many. Seriously.

The only ones who've had a significant impact would be Barkov, Puljujärvi and Juuso Ikonen if you really want to stretch the definition. Especially with TPS's team, as has been mentioned, he'd be getting maybe 7-8 minutes a night playing on the 4th line. Is that really the kind of development you think would be beneficial for him?

Mestis makes far more sense.

"Not that many"? Are you forgetting about Saarela, Kapanen, Salmela and so on? I wasn't even referring to the ones who had significant impact. We don't know whether or not Kakko could make a significant impact or not because he hasn't played a single game in the league.

If his measurements in the Eliteprospects are anywhere close to being accurate (6"1/181lbs), that would immensely help with the transition. He certainly wouldn't fit the bill of average 16 year old small forward who makes a FEL debut. Furthermore when you look at the clips presented (not only the highlights) he doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses. At least nothing particular caught my eye.

Again, if he was given a chance and proved himself better than a top six player in the team, he should stick. In which case the coaches shouldn't favour either veteran nor the rookie. Playing a few games to see what he can do certainly wouldn't hurt. Right now we only know that he's far too good for JrA so it would be better for him to play against tougher opponents. Yeah, TPS is absolutely stacked this year and the chances to break in look slim. If he wasn't able to crack it, then they should loan him to Mestis or a bottom feeder.

By the way, Kupari is playing third line minutes without any PP time in Kärpät at the moment. Do you think they are hurting his development?

Silvennoinen PRO

Oct 27, 2017
Kokkola
"Not that many"? Are you forgetting about Saarela, Kapanen, Salmela and so on? I wasn't even referring to the ones who had significant impact. We don't know whether or not Kakko could make a significant impact or not because he hasn't played a single game in the league.

If his measurements in the Eliteprospects are anywhere close to being accurate (6"1/181lbs), that would immensely help with the transition. He certainly wouldn't fit the bill of average 16 year old small forward who makes a FEL debut. Furthermore when you look at the clips presented (not only the highlights) he doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses. At least nothing particular caught my eye.

Again, if he was given a chance and proved himself better than a top six player in the team, he should stick. In which case the coaches shouldn't favour either veteran nor the rookie. Playing a few games to see what he can do certainly wouldn't hurt. Right now we only know that he's far too good for JrA so it would be better for him to play against tougher opponents. Yeah, TPS is absolutely stacked this year and the chances to break in look slim. If he wasn't able to crack it, then they should loan him to Mestis or a bottom feeder.

By the way, Kupari is playing third line minutes without any PP time in Kärpät at the moment. Do you think they are hurting his development?
I Talk W Kupari And He Think's Its Best Possible Scenario And He's Happy About Ice Time And Said He Need's To Earn PP Time. btw He Is On 2-3 Line 12-14min Per Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad