RW Jesse Ylonen - Laval Rocket, AHL (2018, 35th, MTL)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
was hoping he would be doing a little better this season points wise but the only games I've gotten to see were the Champions league.

Maybe one reason for Ylönen's struggles with scoring
is that Pelicans has been very bad team this season.

Pelicans Lahti is 3rd last team in SM liiga right now
so it shouldn't be any surprise why Ylönen hasn't played so well.

If you compare Pelicans for last season they were playoff team
and now 3rd last team that's a huge drop.

Of course the problems what team has shouldn't affect on player and his game.
But what you can do when Ylönen sees his team losing every game what they play.
That's not easy situation to anybody.

And head coach is changed too because Ville Nieminen ( Former NHL player ) got fired in late November

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Maybe one reason for Ylönen's struggles with scoring
is that Pelicans has been very bad team this season.

Pelicans Lahti is 3rd last team in SM liiga right now
so it shouldn't be any surprise why Ylönen hasn't played so well.

If you compare Pelicans for last season they were playoff team
and now 3rd last team that's a huge drop.

Of course the problems what team has shouldn't affect on player and his game.
But what you can do when Ylönen sees his team losing every game what they play.
That's not easy situation to anybody.

And head coach is changed too because Ville Nieminen ( Former NHL player ) got fired in late November

I saw he was fired and they were disappointing at the Champions league but Ylonen is more or less been on pace with last year's numbers. He seems to be heating up now so we'll see if that sticks or not.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Thats a prospect Im really high on, was great last year at the WJC, deceptively fast with very quick hands, good shot, can make plays at to speed since the hands follow the brain... Was playing on a jerk team in Liga and the N.A. style of play is perfectly suited for him, will have the chance to play with more skilled player and a higher paced game, you guys should hear alot about Ylonen in the next couple of weeks!!!

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Thats a prospect Im really high on, was great last year at the WJC, deceptively fast with very quick hands, good shot, can make plays at to speed since the hands follow the brain... Was playing on a jerk team in Liga and the N.A. style of play is perfectly suited for him, will have the chance to play with more skilled player and a higher paced game, you guys should hear alot about Ylonen in the next couple of weeks!!!

Agree with this that his skills should translate well to NA hockey. As long as he adjusts to the physicality he could be playing with Montreal sooner than later.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

so he's not playing for Lahti today? I had figured he would be in Laval next year but wasn't sure what the Habs plans were. Very much looking forward to seeing how he does and Laval badly needs some bodies since the Habs keep taking their best players.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Good for him to get out of that tire fire Pelicans team. With Evans and Hudon back up in Montreal any help up front is needed for Laval as they're still in the playoff hunt. Hope Ylönen does well.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
so he's not playing for Lahti today? I had figured he would be in Laval next year but wasn't sure what the Habs plans were. Very much looking forward to seeing how he does and Laval badly needs some bodies since the Habs keep taking their best players.

No Ylönen won't play tonight's Pelicans vs Jukurit SM liiga game.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

I also agree. I think he'll thrive in the N.A. type of game. When I saw him play I thought he would at the very least become a solid third liner because of how fast he is. If he becomes a bigger Byron than it'll be good for the habs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
No Ylönen won't play tonight's Pelicans vs Jukurit SM liiga game.

I checked the boxscore and saw he wasn't playing, so has he left for Canada? Cause the local beat reporter for the Habs AHL team said he has to play in the 2 games today and tomorrow, which didn't make sense to me. Since he's not playing today, I assume he won't play tomorrow or for the final games so I assume he's on his way over to Canada already.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
This kid will make some serious noise this year, easily one of the most underrated prospects out there... Kid can fly!!

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Is there a reason he is scoring at a slower pace in his third Liiga season? Is he playing a smaller role or has he had some tough luck so far?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad