RW Jesse Ylonen - Laval Rocket, AHL (2018, 35th, MTL)

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Yolo to me is going to be that complimentary top 6 forward type. Put him with Domi and KK and you’ve got yourself a complete line.

The guy really looks like he is made for the modern NHL. He's got the shot, hands, skating, forechecking, IQ, and raw talent. The defense has question marks but he has such a high offensive upside that you can't help but admire his skills offensively. I'm very excited to see this kid progress in the near future.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The guy really looks like he is made for the modern NHL. He's got the shot, hands, skating, forechecking, IQ, and raw talent. The defense has question marks but he has such a high offensive upside that you can't help but admire his skills offensively. I'm very excited to see this kid progress in the near future.
He also plays with a real high compete level- which is why I think he can be a great compliment. He’s able to put pressure on the D on the forecheck and retrieve pucks, as well isn’t afraid to go to the net.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
He also plays with a real high compete level- which is why I think he can be a great compliment. He’s able to put pressure on the D on the forecheck and retrieve pucks, as well isn’t afraid to go to the net.

Imagine a line that has Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Ylonen. That's a killer 2nd line!

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Asking a lot for Poehling to become a 1C vs Kotkaniemi.

In theory, sure.

But in reality, line # is always more about cohesion and overall level of play. Kotkaniemi could be the best center, but play on the 2nd line because it fits better this way. Or, who knows, Poehling could be better. Or kotka could not be quite as good as we hope. Or trades happen and change the look of things.

Lots of possibilities, but now looks more favorable than in the past.

Reactions: Gravity

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Domi - KK - Caufield
Suzuki - Poehling - Ylonen
Drouin - Danault - Gallagher

3 pretty complete lines. All capable of being the number 1 line on any given night
Byron, Tatar and the rest will be traded

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Ylonen over Drouin? I think not!

Drouin is the type of player with so many tools but he doesn't really know how to use them. He lacks hockey IQ and that is something you can't teach. If he doesn't improve this season then he might aswell be on the 3rd line.

Reactions: Ippenator

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Drouin is the type of player with so many tools but he doesn't really know how to use them. He lacks hockey IQ and that is something you can't teach. If he doesn't improve this season then he might aswell be on the 3rd line.
Iq wont be a player when our top 6 is loaded with high end iq. Kk, caufield, suzuki, Poehling. What we need is exactly what Drouin is. A high skilled creative player in the offensive zone

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Iq wont be a player when our top 6 is loaded with high end iq. Kk, caufield, suzuki, Poehling. What we need is exactly what Drouin is. A high skilled creative player in the offensive zone
No good quality NHL team needs that type of a player, if the player doesn't also have good IQ. They are non-productive puck hogs and usually bad for the team play, if they lack too much of hockey IQ. This is of course my opinion.

Reactions: Eagle Peninsula

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No good quality NHL team needs that type of a player, if the player doesn't also have good IQ. They are non-productive puck hogs and usually bad for the team play, if they lack too much of hockey IQ. This is of course my opinion.
Its true though. Drouin and Danault have been killing the Habs offense for two years now. They hold on to the puck for so long and nothing ever happens but a fluke goal or a turnover.

Reactions: Ippenator

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
One thing that i like with his shooting style is he does it from odd angles and very smart ones too. And the shot is very deadly. He also knows when to shoot in many situations and when to pass with natural instinct. That is something you can't teach.

So what you're saying is that he's a Finnish Cole Caufield...:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad