RW Jesse Ylonen - Laval Rocket, AHL (2018, 35th, MTL)

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
He has certainly produced nicely in his limited opportunities. He did get some PP time (in which he did well). It's nice he's being put in a position to succeed (maybe not so much with TOI, but with PP time).

He will go back to AHL eventually, but it's nice to see his skills translate well to the NHL ice.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
The Canadiens are looking to complete their top line with Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield, and Jesse Ylönen deserves consideration.

The latest on why Ylönen has earned more minutes moving forward. 👇👇

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Has looked really good to me at both end of the ice, I agree he needs more icetime. It's encouraging to see his puck possession game from his junior days is still looking effective at the NHL level.

Reactions: montreal

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007

Ylonen has a good shot and skates well. I think he has the tools to be an efficient winger who can go up and down the line up in the NHL.

On an unrelated topic, Anthony Marcotte's constant yelling is insufferable. I can't believe there's no better play-by-play man or woman out there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ylonen has a good shot and skates well. I think he has the tools to be an efficient winger who can go up and down the line up in the NHL.

On an unrelated topic, Anthony Marcotte's constant yelling is insufferable. I can't believe there's no better play-by-play man or woman out there.

the shot, skating and speed are all NHL level, he needs to add mass, strength and get more involved physically but he will see more NHL games no doubt.

Reactions: 1909

Jul 6, 2016

Right. It's Major Junior level type of broadcaster.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I’m a habs fan here but I really don’t see what other fans see in Jesse . I see an AHL lifer…

He can maybe play a few games here or there, but he’ll play more AHL games in his life than nhl games

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Is Jesse NHL or AHL level player?
Good numbers in the AHL,

1 game in the 20-21 NHL season, no points
14 games in the 21-22 NHL season, 6 points
0 games in the 22-23 NHL season

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec
I dont think he would be out of place on a third line as a scoring threat..he also has a pretty nice one timer on the PP. Only thing holding him back is lack of effort when games get thighter, seems to get tossed around quite easily as well. I saw him when habs visited florida last year, he was playing on the third line and he was quite visible that game.

Habs have a lot of winger signed on 1 way contract this year, so him having a 2 way contract kinda makes it easy to let him in the AHL, but I expect him to play on a bottom 6 role next year. Definetely NHL shot and puck control though

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I dont think he would be out of place on a third line as a scoring threat..he also has a pretty nice one timer on the PP. Only thing holding him back is lack of effort when games get thighter, seems to get tossed around quite easily as well. I saw him when habs visited florida last year, he was playing on the third line and he was quite visible that game.

Habs have a lot of winger signed on 1 way contract this year, so him having a 2 way contract kinda makes it easy to let him in the AHL, but I expect him to play on a bottom 6 role next year. Definetely NHL shot and puck control though
Thank you.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He needs to add mass and strength, this is his last year in the AHL before having to clear waivers so they can bring him along more slowly. He has NHL speed, skating, shot but we'll see if he can put these things together consistently or not.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I’m very low on him. I don’t think he plays in nhl (more than 50-100 games)

He’s an AHL lifer in my opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad