RW Jeremy Bracco - Toronto Marlies, AHL (2015, 61st, TOR) II

slashtrey

Baller
Dec 23, 2011
Bracco is currently suspended for a cross check. I did not see the play, has anyone seen it?

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/6308297-rangers-uneven-play-concerns-coach/
The team was without winger Jeremy Bracco on Monday.

The Toronto Maple Leafs second-round draft pick was tossed from Saturday's game at 15:38 of the first period for cross-checking Erie's Haydn Hopkins.

The match penalty garnered a minimum three-game suspension but the league is reviewing the play and Bracco could be out longer.

"I think he flopped a bit," said Bracco. "When it comes down to it I don't think it's the worst compared to what other people do but we'll see what they say.

"Hopefully, they'll see that I really didn't intend to injure him. We were both kind of jarring at each other and I guess he went down. Obviously I don't try to hurt players."

Hopkins wasn't hurt on the play and finished the game.

Bracco isn't a dirty player. He has just 15 penalty minutes all season but his 17 goals and 1.27 points per game will be missed.

Last edited:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hopkins is a huge pest of a player, always getting into opponents' faces and goading them into penalties. He definitely snapped his head back on the play.

That said, Bracco cross checked him right in the neck, deserved the five minute major imo. Shouldn't be suspended though.

slashtrey

Baller
Dec 23, 2011
Hopkins is a huge pest of a player, always getting into opponents' faces and goading them into penalties. He definitely snapped his head back on the play.

That said, Bracco cross checked him right in the neck, deserved the five minute major imo. Shouldn't be suspended though.

The suspension was an automatic one I believe. Not sure if it's under further review, appealed or anything.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
C Jeremy Bracco - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2015, 61st, TOR) - Part II

Continue here.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Bracco's been very impressive this season. For a smaller guy, he's handled himself very well in his first season in the OHL. 52 points in 40 games is not too shabby, either.

He deserved the suspension, I guess. Nice to see him mixing it up, though. I think this kid is going to be an NHLer.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
49 games played
21 goals
43 assists
64 points

Not a bad year

Pretty average for a guy who out produced Eichel at the USDP and almost matched Eichels production in the USHL. Hes also 5'10 170 pure offensive player.

But average is not bad i guess.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Pretty average for a guy who out produced Eichel at the USDP and almost matched Eichels production in the USHL. Hes also 5'10 170 pure offensive player.

1.31 ppg

Other CHL fs drafted around him:

Blake Speers 68 games 74 pts 1.09 ppg
Graham Knott- 0.62 ppg
Dennis Yan- 1.11 ppg
Chlapik- 1.02ppg

Just to put your comments into actual factual context.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
1.31 ppg

Graham Knott- 0.62 ppg
Dennis Yan- 1.11 ppg
Chlapik- 1.02ppg

Knowing that braccos undersized.. And not yet playing against men.. I wonder if we (leafs fans) would have been better with a Dennis yan (knowing nothing about yan other then what you just posted and assuming he's average sized)

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
1.31 ppg

Graham Knott- 0.62 ppg
Dennis Yan- 1.11 ppg
Chlapik- 1.02ppg

Although quality of team makes a difference as well. Speers and Chlapik are playing on middling teams. Hard to dominate without decent players to play with....Chlapik had no one until Sprong came back from the Penguins.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
1.31 ppg

Graham Knott- 0.62 ppg
Dennis Yan- 1.11 ppg
Chlapik- 1.02ppg

Putting them into "factual context" would also involve including the players' numbers from last season, too.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007

Exactly, when you’re a small one dimensional player, your one dimension better be pretty good. ‘Average’ production won’t be good enough to make it at the next level. He seems to be improving though, I still think he can be a decent middle six scoring winger but he needs to get stronger/faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad