RW Emile Poirier (2013, 22nd, CGY)

DanltQC

Mar 23, 2013
Gatineau
I saw Poirier play a lot of times because he plays in my hometown.

He is good, but some nights you just don't see him. I think it was a bit of a reach from the Flames.

He was great in the games that counted a lot

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I saw Poirier play a lot of times because he plays in my hometown.

He is good, but some nights you just don't see him. I think it was a bit of a reach from the Flames.

He was great in the games that counted a lot

Or when he was playing top teams which if anything is an awesome attribute he raises his game when the going gets tough.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Poirier I thought was taken a little early I thought he was a great 2nd round pick, but all in all he is a good player, excellent skater, very gritty, fights hard for the puck, goes to the net, goes in crowds, very strong on his skates, good hands, excellent shooting, good following up rebounds, able to pass the puck, has finess to his game as well as a power game, good in own zone too

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Poirier I thought was taken a little early I thought he was a great 2nd round pick, but all in all he is a good player, excellent skater, very gritty, fights hard for the puck, goes to the net, goes in crowds, very strong on his skates, good hands, excellent shooting, good following up rebounds, able to pass the puck, has finess to his game as well as a power game, good in own zone too

He sounds like the total package, in HL vids he looks like the total package. Sounds like a first round pick to me in every sense of the word. Why did you only have him ranked for the second round?

mrdonkey

May 17, 2010
Had no idea this guy was that good a skater. I was choked when we let Shinkaruk drop to the Canucks but this kid looks like the real deal. And he's a RW?

Excellent pick up by Feaster!

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
He sounds like the total package, in HL vids he looks like the total package. Sounds like a first round pick to me in every sense of the word. Why did you only have him ranked for the second round?

he is the total package, only problem is consistancy with him, he shows up one game but not the next.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yes really it was their top 17-18 because Mac, Jones, Drouin and Barkov wouldn't have been on their list.

Lindholm maybe not either
I don't think "consensus" guys like Nichkushkin or Shinkaruk were on it either, the Flames place great emphasis on character and it was even said that last year there was at least 1 first rounder that was not on their list at all because of his character. I also think it's possible that guys like Domi, Horvat and others were left of the list because they were obviously going to be gone by 22 and definitely were not going top 6.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
They're making fun of the list because Feaster did this exact same BS last year. Picks a guy in the 20 range ranked at 40 or so and claims he's the "best player in this draft".

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
I don't think it's a huge stretch, to be honest. He gets from A to B quickly but for the most part it's not very pretty. He could still stand to refine his footwork quite a bit.

Yeah, when the goal is to get someplace quickly and you have a Bugatti Veyron and can get from point A to B, you complain that its ugly and a gas guzzler. I will redirect you to the posted videos and the end results. Defensemen look like pylons. Check. Puck is being pulled out of the back of the net. Check. Player didn't perform well in compulsory figures. Red flag! Send him to work with Toller Cranston, immediately!

:sarcasm:

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Yeah, when the goal is to get someplace quickly and you have a Bugatti Veyron and can get from point A to B, you complain that its ugly and a gas guzzler. I will redirect you to the posted videos and the end results. Defensemen look like pylons. Check. Puck is being pulled out of the back of the net. Check. Player didn't perform well in compulsory figures. Red flag! Send him to work with Toller Cranston, immediately!

:sarcasm:

No offense, but I trust my live viewings over multiple full games better than a few clips on Youtube ;) You're definitely not going to find any publicly available film on him that's not flattering, that's just the way these things go.

There are plenty of ugly skaters who make it to the NHL without changing much. Wayne Simmonds is a good example. It's not the kiss of death, I'm just saying that to watch him and think something's up with his skating is not out of line. It took me a couple games to buy into the fact that despite his awkwardness, he can really fly.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
They're making fun of the list because Feaster did this exact same BS last year. Picks a guy in the 20 range ranked at 40 or so and claims he's the "best player in this draft".

Wow he said Pourier is the best player in the draft? He didn't even say that about Jankowski!

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Wow he said Pourier is the best player in the draft? He didn't even say that about Jankowski!
No, he didn't say that about Poirier, and yes, he did say that about Jankowski. Specifically, on TSN immediately after the pick, he said, in ten years we will be saying this guy was the best player in this draft.

Which is absolutely hilarious arrogance, given that no one had him as a first rounder.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
No, he didn't say that about Poirier, and yes, he did say that about Jankowski. Specifically, on TSN immediately after the pick, he said, in ten years we will be saying this guy was the best player in this draft.

Which is absolutely hilarious arrogance, given that no one had him as a first rounder.

1. That was Feaster regurgitating what Weisbrod had told him.
2. Feaster made it clear Jankowski wasn't going to make it past the first round, implying a team would have taken him after Calgary.

OMA

Mar 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
1. That was Feaster regurgitating what Weisbrod had told him.
2. Feaster made it clear Jankowski wasn't going to make it past the first round, implying a team would have taken him after Calgary.

Exactly. There were rumblings that the Devils at 29 and the Habs at 33 liked him. Maybe it was a bit early for him to go but i don't think it's as ridiculous as many made it to be. Feaster got killed for that 'best player in the draft' quote even though Weisbrod is on record that they had Galchenyuk at #1 last year.

As for Poirer, kid looks like he has game. Might have been a bit early but this guy fits the criteria of what the team has identified as building block material.

Regardless, we won't know how this turns out until 5 years from now.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

He never called him the best player :laugh:

Talk about misquoting someone :laugh:

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
Feaster takes Poirier and gets destroyed.

Kekalainen takes Dano and the world is right.

Both had second round rankings before the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad