RW/C Vitalii Abramov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2016, 65th, CBJ; traded to OTT)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
in the nhl size matters. he's too small for it, but he'll be a star in the khl. that's for sure. radulov has a successor, at last:laugh:
and yes, abramov is better than sokolov, i said it an year ago, i say it now

I agree, Sokolov doesn't have enough speed to become the star that people are thinking he will be. He is like a big Russian tank with good hands and deadly shot... but no speed. Also, going to Sudbury is a very poor tactical error IMO, going to the Q is better for Russian guys.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I agree, Sokolov doesn't have enough speed to become the star that people are thinking he will be. He is like a big Russian tank with good hands and deadly shot... but no speed. Also, going to Sudbury is a very poor tactical error IMO, going to the Q is better for Russian guys.

231336.jpg

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a great player, just not Malkin/Ovechkin quality, not in todays NHL.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Man do I ever love this guy's game, not the biggest, but has all the skil in the world. He's a great playmaker, who can bury chances when he gets them and has speed to compliment his already strong offensive tools. If he gets any bigger, you could have a legitimate NHL offensive dynamo in this guy. Could not be more impressed with his start to the season.

rockhouse15

Jul 23, 2011
Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a great player, just not Malkin/Ovechkin quality, not in todays NHL.

That is not a slight on Abramov at all. Not being Malkin/Ovechkin quality for even a usual 1st overall pick would not even be a disappointment. Those two are generational talents.

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
Why do we have always compare talented russian guys to Malkin/Ovechkin? How many people in the history of our hockey played on the level they play? Something like 5-6 I suppose, including Bure and Mogilny. Who else - Maltsev, Kharlamov, Bobrov? Larionov, Krutov, Makarov, Yashin, Kovalev, Kamensky are not on the same level but we all know how good they were, let's compare to them. I'd rather have 2 Yashins on my team than 1 Ovechkin. Why is it always Malkin/Ovechkin?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
That is not a slight on Abramov at all. Not being Malkin/Ovechkin quality for even a usual 1st overall pick would not even be a disappointment. Those two are generational talents.

Don't be lazy read the whole conversation - its about SOKOLOV, not Abramov.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Why do we have always compare talented russian guys to Malkin/Ovechkin? How many people in the history of our hockey played on the level they play? Something like 5-6 I suppose, including Bure and Mogilny. Who else - Maltsev, Kharlamov, Bobrov? Larionov, Krutov, Makarov, Yashin, Kovalev, Kamensky are not on the same level but we all know how good they were, let's compare to them. I'd rather have 2 Yashins on my team than 1 Ovechkin. Why is it always Malkin/Ovechkin?

Lol, I'd actually prefer to have one KLM line than 3 Ovis. Makarov was perhaps the best Soviet player ever and one on the best ever in the world. You can only dream if Abramov turns out to be as good as Makarov. I doubt it will happen though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Fantastic post, I think its because many fans on H.F are too young to have seen these players or are new as hockey fans.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Staying above 2.0 PPG so far and has points in every game he has played. Very impressive.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Ohh, didn't realize he is 5'8.

How big was Drouin when he was drafted, though?

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa

rockhouse15

Jul 23, 2011

Yeah he looks bigger than listed when I watch him on the ice. Still small but he is only 17. If he can get closer to 5'11" his stock would improve considerably even though its pretty high now.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He looks way bigger than 5'8 when you watch him. Haven't seen him listed taller than 5'9 anywhere but he looks at least 5'10 to me. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me or he just hit a late growth spurt. Hoping for the latter.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
CSS rankings suck, they give him a B rating. Not even one Russian skater given an A rating this year... Even though this age group has dominated at international tournaments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad