RW/C Vitalii Abramov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2016, 65th, CBJ; traded to OTT)

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
If I understand the Import Draft right, the order for the top of the draft should be:

1. Acadie-Bathurst
2. Saskatoon
3. Sudbury
4. Drummondville
5. Lethbridge
6. Windsor
7. Victoriaville
8. Vancouver
9. Plymouth
10. Chicoutimi
11. Kamloops
12. Mississauga

Interesting to see where he ends up.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
i feel for traktor, i really do. that's a very big loss. some chl club is gonna hit the jackpot here, no questions.
Abramov would be lost to Traktor even if he stayed in Russia as he would be a part of newly formed Team Russia U18, that from now on will play in the MHL.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Great start to his CHL career. Abramov scored 2+2 and was +3 in a 4-1 win in his debut against the Armada.

LePalle

Aug 22, 2006
South Jersey
Luck or has he been exceptionally good?

Exceptionally good. Absolute treat to watch. Only saw the first game but I'll be watching plenty of Gatineau this year just to see him play. I thought he was noticeable pretty much every time he was on the ice, with a nice dangle seemingly every shift.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
He and Sokolov are considered the next big Russian things. And some people think Abramov is better than Sokolov. It's just obsession with size that makes Sokolov more popular.
in the nhl size matters. he's too small for it, but he'll be a star in the khl. that's for sure. radulov has a successor, at last:laugh:
and yes, abramov is better than sokolov, i said it an year ago, i say it now

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
in the nhl size matters. he's too small for it, but he'll be a star in the khl. that's for sure. radulov has a successor, at last:laugh:
He is 5"9 right now. I think he grows a little by the end of the season.
Raulov has no problems with size. He is 186 cm and 9З kg.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada

Right...like Gaudreau is too small, like Johnson is too small, like Zucarello is too small.

Oh wait, they're actually playing in the NHL

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Right...like Gaudreau is too small, like Johnson is too small, like Zucarello is too small.

Oh wait, they're actually playing in the NHL

None of them were drafted in the top rounds though. Size still effects draft position, no matter how skilled you are.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Abramov update:

1 goal, 2 assists with 7 minutes to go in tonight's game versus Drakkar.

Combined he has 4 goals, 12 points in 5 games.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
If he's a 3PPG player in CHL, then they will draft him pretty high. Perhaps even in top10.

Well I would sure hope so, considering that would be a better ppg than both Crosby and McDavid.

Though if you meant 2 ppg I would still agree that he could be considered top 10 even at 5"9, assuming that isn't an inflated height.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Well I would sure hope so, considering that would be a better ppg than both Crosby and McDavid.

Though if you meant 2 ppg I would still agree that he could be considered top 10 even at 5"9, assuming that isn't an inflated height.

At 2 ppg he'd be better than "considered".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad