RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Apparently EP’s slapshot was clocked at 97.5MPH. Not bad for a skinny kid.

Nyqvist just confirmed how much crappier he is then Pettersson.

Bo Horvat is going to have a "hell of a time" shutting down that Pettersson guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belisarius

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
He seems like an absolutely magnificent young player. I haven’t seen him play much though, so will be very interesting to see him play at the WHC tournament.

I’m a Finn whom doesn’t have a need to feel bitter towards Swedes having very good young talents. Helps of course that Finland has plenty of them too. :)

Last edited:

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
He seems like an absolutely magnificent young player. I havent seen him play much though, so will be very interesting to see him play at the WHC tournament.

I’m a Finn whom doesnt have a need to feel bitter towards Swedes having very good young talents. Helps of course that Finland has plenty of them too. :)
He does look good so far. Finlands got some pretty elite guys already, plus guys like Borgström coming in to the scene. Great for the sport

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
He seems like an absolutely magnificent young player. I haven’t seen him play much though, so will be very interesting to see him play at the WHC tournament.

I’m a Finn whom doesn’t have a need to feel bitter towards Swedes having very good young talents. Helps of course that Finland has plenty of them too. :)
Hehe plenty is an understatement.

Reactions: Ippenator

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Fantastic player with time and space and one on one with lots of room to play. IMO he will take more time to be a top player than most seem to think. Predicting a mild disappointment in 18-19 and then breaking out for real in 19-20 or 20-21.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
He's going to be a beauty. If he pans out the way he does, he could be a franchise player for Van

Him and Broeser. That could be a deadly combo for years and years to come

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
He's going to be a beauty. If he pans out the way he does, he could be a franchise player for Van

Him and Broeser. That could be a deadly combo for years and years to come
:yo:

Yep. I think next year will be tougher for him then many predicting but will come on stronger in the second half and then begin to really explode in 19-20 season

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Given the transition from the bigger ice to smaller ice, the difference in skill between leagues, and how Pettersson is likely to miss games due to injury given his size and inexperience - I think ~40 points is a realistic goal for him. I'd be happy if he lands anywhere near that for his points total.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
* Please dont blow any of the below out of proportion and have in mind that translation is done by someone with english as second language*

EP is tired of media asking question about his weight and says that plenty of player who have about the same weight as him that plays in NHL, so he should be able to play there as well and says "stupid questions get stupid answers". He also admits he has not been as succesful in WC as in the SHL protecting the puck and has to work on that.

Elias Pettersson om viktsnacket: ”Dumma frågor får dumma svar” - Sport | SVT.se

Seems like he wont be bulking up in a mindless way that we have seen some prospects done in the last couple of years and thats a good thing. It might take a while for him to build solid strength but in the long run its the better option. Hope Vancouver will give the kid guidance and have patience. In relation to this, did not Virtanen have some problems with his physics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad