RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 5

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Horvat doesn’t have the pesty, gritty game that Kesler has, he also uses his linemates much better than Kesler. I don’t see Kesler as a good comparable.
I agree they both are 2way centres and have/had good speed , but other than that they don’t play the game the same way. I remember Kesler always cutting through the netural zone with speed only to let a wrister go from far out that more often than not would be blocked or shot wide. He’d do it numerous times a game rather than pass it to his linemates. Horvat never aggravates me that way.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Horvat definitely an ROR clone.

Elias w. 1 assist so far. Extends his point streak to 6 games.

On pace for 82 ish pts in 76 games

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Really because he's playing with Goldobin, Roussell, Virtanen right now and on pace for 70, and he's not done getting better.

There's a MASSIVE difference between scoring 80 points in the NHL and scoring 100 points. Horvat has never come close to scoring 80 and he does not have the skill and talent to be a top 10 scorer in the NHL. Saying he will be up there with McDavid, McKinnon and Crosby is just absurd.

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
There's a MASSIVE difference between scoring 80 points in the NHL and scoring 100 points. Horvat has never come close to scoring 80 and he does not have the skill and talent to be a top 10 scorer in the NHL. Saying he will be up there with McDavid, McKinnon and Crosby is just absurd.

You are probably right, but Gabriel Landeskog is on pace for about 100 points and I think Horvat has more offensive potential than Landeskog. Horvat definitely wouldnt be the catalyst on a line if he were to ever get close to 100 points. 90 ish probably would be something realistic if he played with Rantanen and Mackinnon. Horvat truly has the worst line mates in the entire league, and has been in that situation for a while.

Reactions: Draino

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Another snipe for Alien. Game winning goal.

17G alredy.

7 game point streak. A point on tuesday vs Tbay and he will tie Pavel Bure's franchise record of consecutive games w. Points by a rookie.

Reactions: BlueGreen

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Horvat doesn’t have the pesty, gritty game that Kesler has, he also uses his linemates much better than Kesler. I don’t see Kesler as a good comparable.

Your right kesler is not a good comparable either (I think something was lost in translation with my post) however I hated the richards comparison so much who also has a gritty game (as you point out with kesler he has a gritty game, so did richards) but mike could not skate well at all either (at least kesler can), the point i was trying to make was kesler is a better comparison then richards.... but not a particularly good one either.

Honestly I am not sure who I see as a "good" comparison to horvat, im not sure on the ROR one either, that was the draft day comparable people were making including tsn. The closest comparable as a player i see is lias andersson but of course he is a rookie still carving his path in the ahl/nhl.

Either way we should get back to pettersson in his thread.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad