RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 5

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
The points are obviously huge but I am blown away by the little things he does that do not lead to points. From his back checks to little things like never making a bad line change he is an absolute treat to watch. He reads opposing defensemen and is a constant threat to come out of nowhere and pick of a cross ice pass. Since Boeser has been healthy they are one of the most dangerous duos in the NHL. Calder? What about Hart trophy if the Canucks are close to a playoff spot and he continues to have as big of an impact on his teams success? He might not be the odds-on favourite but he will be in the discussion.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
13.1 oiSH% so probably not but not a big regression either. Should finish the season just below PPG.

Meaning no more than 42 points in next 48. He's currently on pace for 57 points per 48 games. So his pace would have to drop by 26%. If he and Boeser stay healthy, I take the over. But I think it will be in that neighborhood.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The points are obviously huge but I am blown away by the little things he does that do not lead to points. From his back checks to little things like never making a bad line change he is an absolute treat to watch. He reads opposing defensemen and is a constant threat to come out of nowhere and pick of a cross ice pass. Since Boeser has been healthy they are one of the most dangerous duos in the NHL. Calder? What about Hart trophy if the Canucks are close to a playoff spot and he continues to have as big of an impact on his teams success? He might not be the odds-on favourite but he will be in the discussion.

Agree with alot here but he won't sniff the Hart this year.

It will be interesting to see how Bo is compared to elias going forward.

Which will be great for Canuck fans.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Reactions: Son of Petter

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
This "prospect" are 31 in the Art ross race, splitting that place with J.Tavares, have 4 less Gp and less toi!
And what about his supporting cast!

GRADUATED!

Reactions: Slimmy and CP4

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Agree with alot here but he won't sniff the Hart this year.

It will be interesting to see how Bo is compared to elias going forward.

Which will be great for Canuck fans.
It's like having Patrice Bergeron and Pavel Datsyuk on the same team. Poor Canucks.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
This is still a good place to keep Pettersson discussion going. Otherwise the main boards will fill with more of them instead.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
yeah, no. You haven't watched Pettersson, he plays a very unique game at at every elite level.

what? how could you possibly think I meant that EP plays more like ROR/Richards than Datsyuk instead of Bo

I even said more like ROR/MR than Bergeron, so do you think that in the comparison of Bo/EP and Berg/Datsyuk that EP is Berg and Bo is Dats?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
If Bo reaches Mike Richards' prime, I will be very happy. Comparing Bo to Mike Richards is a big compliment to Bo, imo.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
He skates much better then mike richards, kesler is a better comparison then richards imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad