RW Bobby Brink - Philadelphia Flyers, NHL (2019, 34th, PHI)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I know, Kyle Connor was on another planet for Youngstown his draft year...I love Brink, but Connor put up -34g 46a =80 points...KC did play in more games though...Brink is going to be a real good player, excited to see him in college next year.

Brink did score points and goals at a better pace than Connor, all that being 7 months younger than him in his D-1.

Connor did 34 G - 46 A = 80 points in 56 GP

Brink did 35 G - 32 A = 67 points in 42 GP, which would translate at a pace to 46 G - 43 A = 89 points in 56 GP.

The goal rate (0,83 goal per game) is particularly impressive.

Reactions: Andrei79

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Brink did score points and goals at a better pace than Connor, all that being 7 months younger than him in his D-1.

Brink did 35 G - 32 A = 67 points in 42 GP, which would translate at a pace to 46 G - 43 A = 89 points in 56 GP.

I said Connor played more games..the 7 month thing is idiocy...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just said Brink was more productive than Connor, which is true. You agree?

As for the 7 months, it is often perceived as significant by scouts, even if you don't think it is.
lol, I said Connor played more games, so yes thought it was already implied that Brink had a better ppg...and the 7 month thing is nothing, that talk has been beaten to death on here...

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC

I agree that Brink's stats this year are pretty insane and maybe even a bit more impressive than Connor's draft year numbers. That said, Connor also had 74 points in 56 games in the USHL to consolidate his standing as a prospect the year before he went 17th overall to Winnipeg, a feat that Brink didn't even come close to (4 pts in 13 games for Sioux City last year, while playing in other leagues most of the time). So, on a pure numbers perspective, I'd say that Connor as an advantage as far as their prospect status goes.

Forsaking the stats and going only by tools and the eye test, I feel that Brink is a weaker prospect than Connor was overall in 2015 but still beats him out in a couple of aspects such as in his awareness and commitment to defense and backchecking (Connor is pretty weak there), the quickness of his release, his shifitiness and, most important of all, his effort level.

When all is said and done though, I expect Brink to be drafted in the top-15 and eventually become a top-6 contributor at the NHL level, like Connor is right now.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Kid is so underrated.

The way he scores goals reminds me of Mark Recchi/Ryan Smyth. His skill set really translate very well into the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad