RW Bobby Brink - Philadelphia Flyers, NHL (2019, 34th, PHI)

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Not a popular opinion but sometimes he really reminds me Claude Giroux. Great vision and very accurate shot, but on the other hand G was never very speedy player. Good acceleration and balance but not starting speed. The same things we can say about Brink.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He will slide to round 2 and Yzerman will get another Brayden Point style steal for Detroit... :)

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
What is the verdict on his skating, good speed, but not fast for a player his size?

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Jesus he has a small frame
Phone cameras distort subjects at angles.
Bobby_Brink_large.jpg

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Now I am even more interested and hope he falls to the Flames at 26. Will enjoy seeing him and Pettersen show their skill at Denver.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Bobby McK mentioned on his podcast that Brink’s middle name is Orr, and his younger brothers are named after Rocket Richard. Thought that was amusing/true hockey nerdism at its finest.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What is the verdict on his skating, good speed, but not fast for a player his size?

He is plain slow, absolutely no power. He is physically immature so a lot can change. But his skating is a very serious concern.

People are making Giroux comparisons and there are some obvious similarities but even Giroux was a better skater than Brink at the same age.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Wanted this kid monthes ago when I thought the cbj would be picking between 15-20. Praying the CBJ trade up and grab him here in the 2nd. Trade Carlson and a 5th in 2 years or something a 1st round pick 3yrs removed and NHL ready should be a fair swap. This kid 100% bleeds CBJ traits of our style picks. Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, Texier, Bremstrom, Abramov, Milano, etc...

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Flyers fans must be stoked to get a guy with his talent in the 2nd round after some were disappointed they didn't take Caufield in the 1st.
Im very happy with this pick and Fletchers aggressiveness to move up and grab him. Reminds me of pre-skating lessons Brayden Point. Very exciting to take a homerun swing on Brink

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Im very happy with this pick and Fletchers aggressiveness to move up and grab him. Reminds me of pre-skating lessons Brayden Point. Very exciting to take a homerun swing on Brink

Point was a better skater, better defensively, bigger, more of a two way impact and more of a player who can take over a shift. Brink will score points. I think he's more similar to Oshie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad