RW Bobby Brink - Philadelphia Flyers, NHL (2019, 34th, PHI)

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It wouldn't hurt him to spend another season getting stronger in the USHL before heading to college and playing against men, the NCHC is kind of an older league.... Older than HE and B10 anyways. The WHL certainly isn't a significantly better option than the USHL. He might be excelling his schooling to go in next year too.....

Have you heard something to that effect?

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Have you heard something to that effect?

no but most kids that find themselves in this situation certainly try to get there... wouldn't shock me if he was as well..... a lot has to do with the schools academic standards and admissions departments, some are more lax than others.....

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Since the 4 games I watched him in last year(Section Final & 3 State Tournament games) I've been hoping the wild will draft him.I know it puts extra pressure on a kid to be drafted by your hometown team in the 1st round but I so hope it happens.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't understand how he's able to score so many goals from in close, while taking so little punishment. His 2nd goal last night is a perfect example. He scores from 3 feet out, defencemen don't even get to touch him. I've seen this happen about a dozen times. Are coaches in the USHL teaching their defencemen to allow opposing forwards unlimited access to their crease, or is he just that much smarter than the defencemen in the league?

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
I don't understand how he's able to score so many goals from in close, while taking so little punishment. His 2nd goal last night is a perfect example. He scores from 3 feet out, defencemen don't even get to touch him. I've seen this happen about a dozen times. Are coaches in the USHL teaching their defencemen to allow opposing forwards unlimited access to their crease, or is he just that much smarter than the defencemen in the league?

Comes down to hockey IQ and elusiveness. I'm not comparing him to these players but its how patrick kane and mitch marner and the like never leave their feet for a 60 minute game.... they are able to jump in and out of holes and have the hands to match it.....

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Comes down to hockey IQ and elusiveness. I'm not comparing him to these players but its how patrick kane and mitch marner and the like never leave their feet for a 60 minute game.... they are able to jump in and out of holes and have the hands to match it.....

The player comparison that I really like for Brink is Mark Recchi. It's getting very difficult to deny that Brink has a very high level of hockey IQ which explains his production in the face of maybe not the skillset one would expect.

He scored one goal against Youngstown from the crease, and the defenceman never saw him.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
The player comparison that I really like for Brink is Mark Recchi. It's getting very difficult to deny that Brink has a very high level of hockey IQ which explains his production in the face of maybe not the skillset one would expect.

He scored one goal against Youngstown from the crease, and the defenceman never saw him.

I'll agree with that and I know the goal you are talking about..... he did the same thing last year in MNHS and has no issue of it translating to Junior hockey... one thing that translates levels is hockey smarts.... Joe Pavelski and Zach parise have similar hockey smarts....

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'll agree with that and I know the goal you are talking about..... he did the same thing last year in MNHS and has no issue of it translating to Junior hockey... one thing that translates levels is hockey smarts.... Joe Pavelski and Zach parise have similar hockey smarts....

He understands space and timing about as well as any prospect in the draft. Both in being able to be in the right place at the right time, and being able to create space for himself and his linemates. You see a lot of prospects just skating around aimlessly. Brink seems to think to himself ''why should I be there now?'' or ''when should I be there''? This is both with and without the puck.

I'm not sure how to appropriately value this ability, because it seems like an ability that could disappear at the next level, but for now I value him quite highly.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
MN better draft a center, but if they don’t, they better draft this kid. Barely eligible for this draft.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Nice goal here:

Came here to post this. He created the turnover too. I don't know why they cut the gif off in the beginning because him fighting off that first defenceman before embarrassing the second one was really impressive.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Heavy reward and and maybe some risk, but just named just named USHL player of the week for a 3rd straight time which is a first in the league!

Reactions: Sens in Process

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad