RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He looked at the goalie to draw Ward towards him. Fooled you as much as it fooled Ward. Very clearly he flicked that backhand pass to Ferland. Svechnikov makes these heady no-look plays multiple times a game.

Huh? I love Svechnikov, but i didn't see that at all....Looked like he tried to shoot but he lost control of the puck and it slid over to his team mate in the slot...

If he did do that on purpose then WOW. :popcorn:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Huh? I love Svechnikov, but i didn't see that at all....Looked like he tried to shoot but he lost control of the puck and it slid over to his team mate in the slot...

If he did do that on purpose then WOW. :popcorn:

Yeah scrutinizing the last look more it does look like his backhand swipe was followed with a failed shot attempt.

Even so it was still a great play to beat Keith and push him aside. And Svech had made 2-3 passes last night that were actually that silky.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Nothing special about that play? 18 year old Svechnikov beats Duncan Keith down the wing, pushes him aside like he’s a weeble wobble, draws the other defender, and delivers a perfect backhand between two sticks to Ferland who pots and easy goal because Ward had bitten hard on Svechnikov charging the net.

It was the exact play one hopes to see out of a skilled power forward like Svechnikov.

LOL easy there

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
he looked at the goalie, tried to shoot and wasn't very successeful at that. it was just a lucky bounce for ferland.
Looking at the replay his stick blade didnt look at all like he was attempting a shot there. He clearly tries to feed it back IMO.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Looking at the replay his stick blade didnt look at all like he was attempting a shot there. He clearly tries to feed it back IMO.
Disagree. I think he very clearly tried to shoot the puck.

Watch the replay starting at 10 seconds left in the video.

He tried to take a shot and his stick hits Seabrook’s skate.

The puck just kind of bobbled over to Ferlund.

It was still a nice play to create that goal by Svechnikov though.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Svechnikov is really starting to come along now, you can see his confidence growing with each game. He still has a lot of work to do on his all-around game, and turns the puck over more than you would like, but he hasn't looked out of place on the top line or top PP when he's played with those players, and there is no doubt that he works well with Martinook on that 3rd line, they're a speedy heavy duo to play against.

I like the way he's been handled this year by the Canes - not rushed at first or put into situations where he had to perform for the team to get wins. It looked like he was feeling the pressure even without being put in situations which would have added to it. He was tentative at first but his play is a lot more instinctual now, he's not over thinking things like he did at the start of the year.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Any one feel that,.. most have already forgotten Andrei. Kinda flewn under the radar this season 8 goals, 7 assists, 15 points.
Past month, like total of 8 posts in this thread.

Red Solo Cup

Jul 17, 2018
Any one feel that,.. most have already forgotten Andrei. Kinda flewn under the radar this season 8 goals, 7 assists, 15 points.
Past month, like total of 8 posts in this thread.

Yea probably, a lot of that has to do with the market he is playing in. He’s playing well though. He’s not playing amazing, he’s playing like a rookie should. He’s finding his way in the league.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
He should be getting minimum 17 min/g top 6 minutes. He will be at least as good as Boeser.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
He isn’t getting top ice time yet in Carolina for some unknown reason. He’ll be an elite winger in this league. Tbh I feel like Carolina needs to ride out their issues a bit and just get a good goalie, cause offence wise they need to wait for some development from Svech/Necas and they’re good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad