RW Alexander Nylander (2016, 8th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a 20 year old prospect go from being a <0.5 point-per-game AHL player to a legitimate NHL player, without establishing himself in the minors. Nylander is an offensive player. He's absolutely useless in a checking role. It's not like with Girgensons, where he was able to play a 3rd or 4th line role.

Buffalo is going to ruin one-half of the Nylander's.
Draisaitl looked like shit against AHL players and did just fine in the NHL

Reactions: Mitts888

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I don't think I've ever seen a 20 year old prospect go from being a <0.5 point-per-game AHL player to a legitimate NHL player, without establishing himself in the minors. Nylander is an offensive player. He's absolutely useless in a checking role. It's not like with Girgensons, where he was able to play a 3rd or 4th line role.

Buffalo is going to ruin one-half of the Nylander's.

You don't have to go back very far - Adrian Kempe another young Swedish forward who had a pretty good rookie season for the Kings last year after two AHL seasons similar to Nylander's.

Reactions: Snippit

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I don't know why he was in such a rush to go pro. He could've gone back to Mississauga another year or better yet, go back to Sweden for 1-2 years. Never understand why these kids are in such a rush.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I thought his Dad drove the bus?
Probably. I can't blame him either.

In all honesty, I'd like to take a chance on Nylander up with the big club for an extended(15 game) look. I don't think he'l just to flip a switch and start dominating at the AHL level at this point so no reason to keep in down there. Some guys just don't do that. Let's see if he can compliment what we have here. If not, he'll be an add on in a trade this offseason.

Reactions: Vesperia

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Rochester wins, scores 7 goals, A Nylander 0+0, has one shot on goal, not looking very good at the moment for him.
- been completely outplayed by his countryman, 7th round pick, Victor Olofsson, yes Victor is 2½ years older,
but its his first year in the AHL and smaller ice surface where as Nylander, is 8th overall pick, who is playing
his 4th year in smaller ice surface and 3rd in the AHL.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Probably. I can't blame him either.

In all honesty, I'd like to take a chance on Nylander up with the big club for an extended(15 game) look. I don't think he'l just to flip a switch and start dominating at the AHL level at this point so no reason to keep in down there. Some guys just don't do that. Let's see if he can compliment what we have here. If not, he'll be an add on in a trade this offseason.

Just a hunch but I fully expect Alex up soon after the AllStar break as it is only a few weeks ahead of the trade deadline.
Showcasing for all concerned.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't know why he was in such a rush to go pro. He could've gone back to Mississauga another year or better yet, go back to Sweden for 1-2 years. Never understand why these kids are in such a rush.
OHL team refused to have Michael back as a coach. Michael's "coaching" consisted of yelling at Alex in Swedish and running private drills on the other side of the ice. It was a disruptive situation. This wasn't like when Dave Gagner went to the Knights and bought in, and worked with the entire team. Steelheads told Michael that Alex was welcome to come back, but they would not retain him in a coaching capacity. Due to that, it was basically Sweden or the AHL. I assume the Sabres didn't want him going back to Sweden, where Michael could get overly involved again and bring him around where he'd get serious input. He did similar stuff in William's draft year. He's an autocrat with his kids career, and gets overly involved to the extent it can be a detriment. Since he's a former NHLer with a good career he gets a fair amount of lee-way, where if he was just the crazy local hockey dad he'd be told to f*** off once the kids got past AAA.

Last edited:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He has 1 goal and 3 assists in 12 games since December 15th on a very potent Rochester team.

What exactly has he done to earn a call-up?
Considering the only way he can "earn" a spot on this team is build a time machine and pull the strings of history so that Botterill becomes Sabres GM a year earlier and still picks him in the draft, what does it matter?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
136th in the AHL scoring. 181st in goals, 261st in SOG.

25 AHL rookies are ahead of him in the AHL scoring, 11 of them are either younger or same age.
(only 2 first round picks; Necas&Bean)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad