RW Alexander Nylander (2016, 8th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
He didn't stood out at TV-pucken and he hasn't been tested yet on the National U16 team.

Indeed, racking up the points but imo not as good as his bro at similiar age.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
His 1.71 ppg in J18 Elit is the 6th best notion for a U16 player as far as eliteprospects track stats.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Same type of player like William and Michael? Or is he like uncle Peter...a powerforward?

Saw the game against Modo and I'd say he's more like Michael and William. Did the same "360 spin", that Michael does, a couple of times. Good hands on the PP and good vision on the ice. Skating looked smooth, but I'm not the best to judge that, had a stride similar to William. Looked small and lost quite a few board battles but that's normal for a 15 yo in J18 I suppose.

Mulle87

Jan 13, 2014
Bigger than W

He is taller than W in the same age. He is more like a center type than W. Not as dirty in the offense but smarter.
I have seen him and W since they came to Sweden and Alex is a little more careful in the beginning, but had some ****ing brutal plays (in a good way) in SDE U18.

I would say we have a 6,1 center that will go top 10 2016.

Mulle87

Jan 13, 2014
I don't think this is set.

And yes, definitely at this point.

He should be on the Hlinka squad as well. Did produce more points than everyone but two 97s in U18 League. Need more confident on the rink (as he got in SDE and SSK) to be as good as William - but has more tools and is bigger than W on the same age. Already 5,11.

Could be as explosive as W this winter I believe.

Sick stickhandling. Great possesion. Better shot than William. Needs to be more agitatitve.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He should be on the Hlinka squad as well. Did produce more points than everyone but two 97s in U18 League. Need more confident on the rink (as he got in SDE and SSK) to be as good as William - but has more tools and is bigger than W on the same age. Already 5,11.

Sick stickhandling. Great possesion. Better shot than William. Needs to be more agitatitve.

Sounds promising. A bigger version of William would be sick.

Last edited:

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden

Where did you get his measurements from? Both Swehockey and Eliteprospects are listing him as 5-9. But both those stats are probably up to one year old...

McLovin*

He is taller than W in the same age. He is more like a center type than W. Not as dirty in the offense but smarter.
I have seen him and W since they came to Sweden and Alex is a little more careful in the beginning, but had some ****ing brutal plays (in a good way) in SDE U18.

I would say we have a 6,1 center that will go top 10 2016.

www.hockeysverige.se/juniorbloggen/2014/05/04/sveriges-basta-98or-spring-edition

Lmfao, barely cracks the top 10 for '98 Swedish prospects. The 2016 draft can't be THAT good, I really doubt he's as highly regarded of a prospect as William is

Last edited by a moderator:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
What an insane hockey family. Michael Nylander had two brothers who played pro hockey (Peter played in the SEL and KHL, and Thommy in a low level pro league in Sweden), William is obviously a blue chip prospect, and now Alexander is looking like he could be a legit NHL prospect too! How often do you get 5 pro hockey players (and potentially 3 NHLers) from just 2 generations in one family?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
What an insane hockey family. Michael Nylander had two brothers who played pro hockey (Peter played in the SEL and KHL, and Thommy in a low level pro league in Sweden), William is obviously a blue chip prospect, and now Alexander is looking like he could be a legit NHL prospect too! How often do you get 5 pro hockey players (and potentially 3 NHLers) from just 2 generations in one family?

There were 6 Sutter brothers in the NHL, the 7th chose to stay and make a living on the farm and was apparently the best player among them all. Now Brandon and Brett are in the league(cousins). Another was drafted and never made it, Brody was drafted in 2011 and has turned pro and Lukas will probably make the Jets one day. There could be 10 Sutters total in the NHL in a few years, over a few generations of course. Staggering when you think about it.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Is this the new Mikael and Markus Granlund where the older brother is more developed at a that age and gets drafted early, but the younger brother will start to turn to heads a little bit later? Lateblooming and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad