Value of: RW Alex Tuch to New York

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Othmann is a good prospect just saying not all garbage I wouldn't do the trade but it's not all garbage

Othmann is a good prospect B+ tier for sure. The offer would make more sense if Buffalo didn't have several in that strata already, were looking for futures, and wanted to sell their 1RW.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
This othman kid gets ridiculous hype and value attribute to him for no reason other than being a ranger and 1st rounder. Hopefully he does alittle more than kakko, andersson, kravtsov or even Schneider who all followed a similar hype trend.
Andersson was never hyped. Kravtsov was hyped by 1 poster here who shall remain nameless. Schneider was also never hyped. Kid's a defensive dman who was drafted to one day hopefully replace Trouba. He's playing the best hockey he's played under Lavi.

Andersson and Kravtsov suck and are no longer in the NHL. Kakko, even if he never figures it out offensively, will have a long career in this league. So will Schneider.

Your whole post is asinine.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Othmann is a good prospect just saying not all garbage I wouldn't do the trade but it's not all garbage
As a winger where would he fall with their other F prospects/ELCs,?

Quinn, peterka, savoie, ostlund, kulick, benson. rosen all appear to be ahead of him

Buffalo does not need wingers unless they are wingers with size/physicality

They need a mid pair RD. Schneider could be a target but not for Tuch.

In the list above, th err y appear to be wingers. They could use another true C prospect.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Andersson was never hyped. Kravtsov was hyped by 1 poster here who shall remain nameless. Schneider was also never hyped. Kid's a defensive dman who was drafted to one day hopefully replace Trouba. He's playing the best hockey he's played under Lavi.

Andersson and Kravtsov suck and are no longer in the NHL. Kakko, even if he never figures it out offensively, will have a long career in this league. So will Schneider.

Your whole post is asinine.
I remember all those player were untouchable and none of them play top 6 fwd or top 4 D still. Untouchable in discussions for players like eichel/jt miller etc. Now othamnn here is being used to get tuch 50% retained. Not living in reality.

Reactions: SB716

drede

Jul 13, 2023
I'd say he's a b+ maybe A- somewhere in that range not a can't miss prospect but looks like could be a good one

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
As a winger where would he fall with their other F prospects/ELCs,?

Quinn, peterka, savoie, ostlund, kulick, benson. rosen all appear to be ahead of him

Buffalo does not need wingers unless they are wingers with size/physicality

They need a mid pair RD. Schneider could be a target but not for Tuch.

In the list above, th err y appear to be wingers. They could use another true C prospect.

Othmann would be around Rosen

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I remember all those player were untouchable and none of them play top 6 fwd or top 4 D still. Untouchable in discussions for players like eichel/jt miller etc. Now othamnn here is being used to get tuch 50% retained. Not living in reality.
Your memory is obviously shit, because Andersson was traded a year prior to Eichel being traded so he wasn't even available for Eichel. Kravtsov was in Russia and was anything but untouchable.

The Rangers were up against the cap and couldn't afford to move players on the ELC for Eichel.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Your memory is obviously shit, because Andersson was traded a year prior to Eichel being traded so he wasn't even available for Eichel. Kravtsov was in Russia and was anything but untouchable.

The Rangers were up against the cap and couldn't afford to move players on the ELC for Eichel.
All players over hyped not sure why it's hard for you to admit, when it was everywhere and ironically happening again with othmann. What ever though maybe you will swindle someone at some point

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Not very relevant to this topic, but I am not sure there is much more to discuss. Just came to say that I really wish the Wild had been able to keep him.

Though it could have been so much worse. For those not aware, during the expansion draft, Chuck Fletcher made the brilliant decision to offer Vegas RFA Haula, and their choice between Tuch, Kaprizov, and Greenway to not pick a roster player (Dumba would have been exposed.) Kind of funny that two of them are now with the Sabres.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not very relevant to this topic, but I am not sure there is much more to discuss. Just came to say that I really wish the Wild had been able to keep him.

Though it could have been so much worse. For those not aware, during the expansion draft, Chuck Fletcher made the brilliant decision to offer Vegas RFA Haula, and their choice between Tuch, Kaprizov, and Greenway to not pick a roster player (Dumba would have been exposed.) Kind of funny that two of them are now with the Sabres.

Just imagine if Buffalo winds up signing Dumba in UFA...

As for the OP, seems that has been handled regarding everything from him wanting to be on the team, the value of his deal, and the rarity of size/speed he provides and Buffalo not needing even more futures.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
From what I understand, Tuch is unavailable, and if he were, the last thing the Sabres need is someone offering a lot of lesser pieces for one really valuable Sabres piece. They have futures coming out of their ears. They could probably do with trading multiple Buffalo pieces for one really good piece in return, not being on the other end of that kind of deal.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
All players over hyped not sure why it's hard for you to admit, when it was everywhere and ironically happening again with othmann. What ever though maybe you will swindle someone at some point
It's painful watching you struggle to try and prove a failed point. The untouchables for Eichel was Laf and Kakko. Not Andersson and Kravtsov.

Nobody overhyped Lias. The 2017 draft was garbage outside the first 5 picks, which Gorton tried to trade up but couldn't because everyone knew that draft was crap. And only 1 person on this planet overhyped Kravtsov.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Rangers were trying to trade for Eichel a year before he was actually traded.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Just imagine if Buffalo winds up signing Dumba in UFA...

As for the OP, seems that has been handled regarding everything from him wanting to be on the team, the value of his deal, and the rarity of size/speed he provides and Buffalo not needing even more futures.
I legitimately think he could be good for your team as a depth guy and veteran presence. Was a bit surprised he wasn’t targeted as a UFA last season, though his contract is right about the limit I would go to for him. Not that your team needs locker room help, but he is known for lots of positive traits there and Buffalo has had some space to play with.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
As a neautrul fan- Tuch for Laf 1 for 1

Tuch is better but there is still apart of me that thinks Laffy can explode and be an absolute offensive juggernaut
Rangers will keep the player that's a half decade younger and producing the same as Tuch right now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I legitimately think he could be good for your team as a depth guy and veteran presence. Was a bit surprised he wasn’t targeted as a UFA last season, though his contract is right about the limit I would go to for him. Not that your team needs locker room help, but he is known for lots of positive traits there and Buffalo has had some space to play with.

He's a long wanted guy for some Sabre regulars even if the torn pec took some of his game away. I think they want to try to find a RHD fit to play 2nd pair who has more experience and maybe some grit to the resume.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Andersson had requested a trade from the Rangers in Dec 2019 then, then left the team and went to Sweden. Suggesting he was untouchable for Eichel is absolute horse shit.

I'm not trying to validate that claim.. just mentioning there were posts from Ranger fans trying to get Eichel a year before because of a Bobby Mac tweet I believe

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'm not trying to validate that claim.. just mentioning there were posts from Ranger fans trying to get Eichel a year before because of a Bobby Mac tweet I believe
I'm sure there were plenty of fans. I'm not denying the Rangers had interest. I'm denying the idea that guys like Lias Andersson and Kravtsov were untouchable like he other poster foolishly suggested.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'm sure there were plenty of fans. I'm not denying the Rangers had interest. I'm denying the idea that guys like Lias Andersson and Kravtsov were untouchable like he other poster foolishly suggested.

Man, you had NYR fans saying they wouldn’t trade anything for Eichel without retention. Every single Sabres fan who visits the main boards suffered through those threads. We remember.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Man, you had NYR fans saying they wouldn’t trade anything for Eichel without retention. Every single Sabres fan who visits the main boards suffered through those threads. We remember.
Yes, and you also had Sabres fans saying the trade starts with Fox+ and one of Laf or Kakko+.

You then had fans like myself who wanted nothing to do with Eichel because of the cost to acquire him on a team that already had limited cap space.

There was horrendous trash from both fanbases., which isn't really surprising.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I admire Drury for making anything of value off limits in Eichel trade talks and circling back for the centerpiece of the Eichel trade that happened when nearly every one of those pieces devalued over the last three years.

I mean…it’s a complete waste of everyone’s time…but hey. Adams isn’t doing anything better.

Also lol on retaining multiple years to get worse.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Hey, so this is a terrible proposal and does absolutely nothing for us. It moved us backwards and handicaps us with mediocre players, you get that right? And we’re retaining?

My counteroffer would get me in trouble, so let’s just say no f***in way.
oof...been down that road many o' times my friend.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So I understand…You want Tuch with retention and your top future is off the table.

Man..I hope whatever offer you do make at least includes a lot of lube

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad