Value of: RW Alex Tuch to New York

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Alright, let's have it. I'm expecting this one to sting. Only condition: no Perrault. Can't have him. And yes, Buffalo would need to retain on Tuch.

Would Kakko, Othmann and Goodrow for Tuch at 50% get it done?

Hey, so this is a terrible proposal and does absolutely nothing for us. It moved us backwards and handicaps us with mediocre players, you get that right? And we’re retaining?

My counteroffer would get me in trouble, so let’s just say no f***in way.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Alright, let's have it. I'm expecting this one to sting. Only condition: no Perrault. Can't have him. And yes, Buffalo would need to retain on Tuch.

Maybe pretend you're the other team for just one second before making a proposal? Buffalo doesn't even want/need Perrault, so even that untouchable part looks dumb.

Kakko for Okposo (50% retained) + Girgensons (50% retained)

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
From Freidmans latest 32 Thoughts:

1709575340089.png

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Tuch wants to be in Buffalo. Tuch has an amazing salary for 2 more years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- if Tuch is traded, the best player in the deal will be going to Buffalo. Tuch will not be the best player in the deal.

Buffalo is 100% uninterested in more forwards or more forward prospects.

Reactions: Irie and banks

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
From Freidmans latest 32 Thoughts:

View attachment 829182
Tuch is going nowhere unless s star pl AZ yer I'd coming back. Not getting him for a few spare parts and a 1st.

Tuch is from syracuse, born and raised a sabres fan. They gave up Eich eff l to get him.

I can see A hockey trade happening but hockey trades are not star player for spare parts.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Why does Buffalo want MORE prospects and picks? We have the #1 ranked prospect pool in the athletic. We are literally overflowing with prospects and have no slots for them already. Why are we trading one of our few good veteran players for more of what we already have too much of?

Like did you even try to consider what Buffalo might want or need?

Last edited:

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
This othman kid gets ridiculous hype and value attribute to him for no reason other than being a ranger and 1st rounder. Hopefully he does alittle more than kakko, andersson, kravtsov or even Schneider who all followed a similar hype trend.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Why does Buffalo want MORE prospects and picks? We have the #1 rabked prospect pool in the athletic. We are literally overflowing with prospects and have no slots for them already. Why are we trading one of our few good veteran players for more of what we already have too much of?

Like did you even try to consider what Buffalo might want or need?

And we retain 50% of the salary, what’s not to hate!?

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011

Would Kakko, Othmann, 2024 first and Goodrow for Tuch at 50% get it done?
Yeah, no.
Buffalo has neither need nor interest in trading Tuch and Rangers don't have the pieces anyway.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm a bit of a realist on Tuch, really felt like last year was an outlier and he's probably closer to what we are seeing this year. That being said, c'mon now. he's a WNY native that grew up rooting for the Sabres that wants to be there and is signed reasonably for a few more seasons.

In what world does a team that desperately needs vets around the youth move a guy who ACTUALLY wants to play and live in Buffalo.

I don't think there a reasonable deal here that the rangers would agree to.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Buffalo needs: NHL Players, particularly RHD
Buffalo surplus: Forward Prospects

No one: Maybe Buffalo will trade their 1RW for C-B+ forward prospects

Reactions: sabremike

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Even ignoring the bad offer, you're not going to be able to woo a team like the Sabres (with Mittelsdadt, Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Benson, Kulich, Savoie, Rosen and Ostlund) with forward prospects/young NHLers. They want a young, good RD or 2. Or clear upgrades at the top the roster.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
While a Tuch trade isn't happening, especially to the Rangers, I would assume Schneider would have to be part of a deal if there ever was a trade to be made.

Schneider, Kakko, 1st or replace Kakko with Othmann I suppose. Even then might not be enough.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Even if you were to offer something reasonably approaching fair value (which, to be clear, you’ve not), Tuch is a nonstarter. Shut’r down.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad