Confirmed with Link: Rutta/2019 7th to TB for Koekkoek/2019 5th

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Know nothing about the new guy. Nothing bad to say about Rutta, but at the same time he won’t be missed.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Lightning fan coming in peace. IMO this trade is a clear win for you guys. As far as Koekkoek is concerned the Lightning really screwed the guy over on his development, first passing him over in favor of veterans who had fallen off the proverbial cliff (Carle, Garrison) while at the same time giving the likes of Sustr and Dotchin all the playing time in the world to try to make something of themselves. And then just when it looks like he’s finally going to get his shot we bring in Sergachev, followed by McDonagh at the deadline, and then this year Coburn and Girardi are both playing well and Cernak comes roaring out of the gate.

I still believe in Koekkoek’s potential; the question is whether he can revive his career with a change of scenery or if we’ve permanently ruined him. At his best he played with a confidence that we saw less and less of as we continued to misuse him; instead he became hesitant and indecisive. If that can be reversed you might wind up with a damn good second pairing defenseman; if not he’s at least a serviceable 6/7D at what should be a very cheap price. And of course even if he doesn’t pan out at all you’ve upgraded your pick so it’s a win for you regardless of what happens.

Great info, thanks. 4K's backstory sounds similar to Panik's. Maybe he'll flourish here. Hope so, anyway.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
not sure how Stan managed to be the one getting the upgrade on picks here but its all good from a hawks fan.

I think he will be given an opportunity to play and see what he has to offer this season IMO and he seems to be a much better fit with what Colliton appears to be trying to do.

here is what elite prospects said below in 2012;

"A very mobile defenseman with some fine offensive skills. Hockey sense is quite good and he passes as well as shoots the puck well. Some leadership qualities too. Admirable work-ethic. Overall a solid all-round defenseman."

I am guessing I will refer to him as kookoo

I recall Yzerman really liking his potential

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Koo Koo huh? Very interesting d-man,
has still plenty of potential in him to be a roster player.

Not sure, is he a roster player, but...could be and could be decent as well.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Taking a closer look at it, his fancies are actually pretty horrendous. Koekkoek is definitely a reclamation project: last on the Lightning in Rel xGF% (-14.25%) by a huge margin, worst possession player on the team (-10.85%), and he was also their most sheltered defenseman by far. He's pretty much on par with the Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov line in terms of offensive zone starts: almost 60%.

All this was in nine games, and it's hard to say he was given a fair shake. Hopefully Colliton can help point him into the right direction.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I really don’t get why these small trades of acquiring a 4th liner and upgrading a pick that has like 0.5% of panning out to 1% of panning out require long celebratory threads, Bowman has made huge trades that have gone really wrong like Panarin, TT trade, Danault, Johns, etc. All of these guys should have been a huge part of this team. That really should have had him fired, team is at the bottom of the league or almost there still last I checked. Let’s hold the praise for this clown, chia is he idiot and it doesn’t make Stan smart for getting that minor trade done that he was most likely approached for. Also not to mention the idiotic signings with all the NMC and ridiculously high constructs, it’s just a mess still an doesn’t look like any changes are about to happen.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
An 8 page thread announcing a roster move is a long celebratory thread now? :laugh:

“You can’t discuss a good minor move that bowman made less than 24 hours ago but I’m gonna bring up trades he made years ago”. The schtick is getting old dude...

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Koekkoek,Kunitz,Kampf,Kahun,Kane,Kruger, Keith

That has to be a record...

Nothing will probably ever beat Babchuk, Barinka, Barker, Barnaby, Bartovic, Bell, Bochenski, Bourque, Curtis Brown, Mike Brown, and Byfuglien from the 2005-06 season or Barker, Bickell, Blunden, Bochenski, Bolland, Bondra, Boucher, Bourque, Brouwer, Burish, and Byfuglien from the 2006-07 season

Reactions: clydesdale line

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I really don’t get why these small trades of acquiring a 4th liner and upgrading a pick that has like 0.5% of panning out to 1% of panning out require long celebratory threads, Bowman has made huge trades that have gone really wrong like Panarin, TT trade, Danault, Johns, etc. All of these guys should have been a huge part of this team. That really should have had him fired, team is at the bottom of the league or almost there still last I checked. Let’s hold the praise for this clown, chia is he idiot and it doesn’t make Stan smart for getting that minor trade done that he was most likely approached for. Also not to mention the idiotic signings with all the NMC and ridiculously high constructs, it’s just a mess still an doesn’t look like any changes are about to happen.
No one here is claiming that trading Schmaltz for Strome, or Manning for Caggiula, or Rutta and a 7th for Koekkoek and a 5th balances out all of the bad trades and signings Bowman has made.

But his last three trades have all been positive for the organization. Strome is as good as Schmaltz is right now while being a year younger and having more upside. Caggiula, while being a 4th line winger type who is making $1.5m a year for the next, is still a cheaper player than Manning and isn't the liability that Mandong is. Rutta was rotting in Rockford, and Stan was able to get a better draft pick and a former first who we can try on our team and see if he turns into anything more.

Outside of drafting, Bowman has done little right IMO between the 2015 offseason and the start of this season. But he's gotten the better end of each of his last three trades (going by not only our opinion, but the views of the main boards as well). That's not nothing.

Reactions: magnificent

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

You don’t get it because that is not what these threads are. They are literally labeled trade threads. Commenting that it is a good trade or that the Hawks won does not make it a celebratory thread. Either you are stupid or you are trying to make it is something it is not (I don’t think it is because you are stupid).

Since when is winning a trade a bad thing? Each fix that the tram makes brings the team closer to the end goal of competing and winng the cup. I mean that is the hope of most posters here.

Last edited:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
You do understand that you dont have read it or contribute, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad