Confirmed with Link: Rutta/2019 7th to TB for Koekkoek/2019 5th

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Not 11 haha, that’s four years of 1st round picks.

I’d say he’s worth a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd though. I think that’s up to like $8 million

Yeah, they’d match that. If we add Tkachuk, those 1sts will be in the bottom half of the round.

Sure, it would be preferable to get a player like Matthews or McDavid, but they would cost 15-16M to have a realistic shot at the other team choosing not to match. Tkachuk is good enough to make a major impact but at the same time, cost a reasonable price. The Hawks signed his dad to an offersheet but the Jets matched.

I think there is a great chance we’ll see an offersheet this offseason. Too many big time RFAs looking for top dollar combined with numerous big market teams outside the playoffs looking to improve.

And yeah, I do think Tkachuk is on par with Khalil Mack due to his all around impact. He’s the only player like him in the league. 2 1sts in the NFL is worth more than 4 1sts in the NHL IMO. The NFL 1sts should be sure thing starters for many years.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Matthew Tkachuk is not the only player like him in the league. Brady plays that way. Tom Wilson plays that way. Simmonds has filled that role for years scoring 30 goals. It’s rare, but he’s not a unicorn.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Matthew Tkachuk is not the only player like him in the league. Brady plays that way. Tom Wilson plays that way. Simmonds has filled that role for years scoring 30 goals. It’s rare, but he’s not a unicorn.

Putting together a 90+ point season playing with Backlund and Frolik. I like those guys you mentioned too.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Do you really see Tkachuk as a ninety point player?

He’s taken a massive step forward each season so far. There really aren’t any 90 point players year to year outside of McDavid, MacKinnon, Kucherov and maybe Crosby. But for me, he’s definitely in that next group with Kane and some others that are PPG players with the potential to have a 90+ point season.

And he’d get better linemates 5 on 5 here. I’d love to sign this guy to be the highest paid player on the team and the 4 late 1sts IMO would be well worth it. He’s a franchise player IMO. In a league getting smaller and more finesse on defense, a player like Tkachuk is worth his weight in gold IMO.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He’s taken a massive step forward each season so far. There really aren’t any 90 point players year to year outside of McDavid, MacKinnon, Kucherov and maybe Crosby. But for me, he’s definitely in that next group with Kane and some others that are PPG players with the potential to have a 90+ point season.

And he’d get better linemates 5 on 5 here. I’d love to sign this guy to be the highest paid player on the team and the 4 late 1sts IMO would be well worth it. He’s a franchise player IMO. In a league getting smaller and more finesse on defense, a player like Tkachuk is worth his weight in gold IMO.
You just compared Tkachuk to Kane. That’s insanity to me.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Tkachuk has been producing all season long with guys like Backlund, Neal, and now Frolik...let that shit sink in for a second..he has been a beast this year and a 1 man show on that second line very similar to what Kane literally does for us year in and out. Tkachuk is one of the most underrated players in the game by far - people will refuse to give him credit just like they did in the OHL and prior.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Tkachuk has been producing all season long with guys like Backlund, Neal, and now Frolik...let that **** sink in for a second..he has been a beast this year and a 1 man show on that second line very similar to what Kane literally does for us year in and out. Tkachuk is one of the most underrated players in the game by far - people will refuse to give him credit just like they did in the OHL and prior.
Dude I love Tkachuk. He ain’t Patrick f***ing Kane.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
nice little deal to get out of ruttas contract. only upside to this. roster turnover has been great. need to keep going kruger and kunitz get some more long shot lottery tickets like koekkoek and keep losing. im glad bowman is fixing his mistakes all at one time so we dont have to do this next year again.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Tkachuk has been producing all season long with guys like Backlund, Neal, and now Frolik...let that **** sink in for a second..he has been a beast this year and a 1 man show on that second line very similar to what Kane literally does for us year in and out. Tkachuk is one of the most underrated players in the game by far - people will refuse to give him credit just like they did in the OHL and prior.

AD you drank too much USA koolaid this morning. Tkachuk is a really good player but he is not worth close to 11 million and 4 1sts.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
AD you drank too much USA koolaid this morning. Tkachuk is a really good player but he is not worth close to 11 million and 4 1sts.
I am not saying he is, but the guy is on pace for 100 points playing 2nd line minutes with plugs - all I said was does that sound like someone we know??? Tkachuk is very underrated and has been his whole career but I am not saying I would pay him $11 mil or that he is Patrick Kane, just flies under the radar while producing his balls off...I honestly do not know how what I said could come off as me wanting to offer sheet him or that he is as good as Kane..I honestly don't.
tumblr_pktu1lQVf21xkok61o1_400.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Musto

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
where the hell did I state that???

I am not saying he is, but the guy is on pace for 100 points playing 2nd line minutes with plugs - all I said was does that sound like someone we know??? Tkachuk is very underrated and has been his whole career but I am not saying I would pay him $11 mil or that he is Patrick Kane, just flies under the radar while producing his balls off...I honestly do not know how what I said could come off as me wanting to offer sheet him or that he is as good as Kane..I honestly don't.

CS is the one who actually said it, I believe. But your follow-up post to CS's kinda implied that you agreed.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
CS is the one who actually said it, I believe. But your follow-up post to CS's kinda implied that you agreed.
when I replied it was when DHF said do you think Tkachuk is a 90 point player..that is what my post was meant for, thought I quoted his but did not for whatever the reason.... so I obviously love Tkachuk but I do not think he is Kane or would offer sheet him..

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
tumblr_pktu1lQVf21xkok61o1_400.jpg

That pic :laugh:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I didn’t say you said that. Coldy said Tkachuk is on that tier. I can really like Tkachuk while simultaneously thinking he’s below Kane level greatness was my point.

I said he was on Kane’s tier as a point producer. That was the discussion.

Kane is more valuable because he gets more out of his line mates than anyone in the league.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I didn’t say you said that. Coldy said Tkachuk is on that tier. I can really like Tkachuk while simultaneously thinking he’s below Kane level greatness was my point.
agreed, he isn't on Kane's level - very few are...my point was it is impressive to watch him play with lesser parts and still produce just like Kane has done for years. Tkachuk has a bright future ahead, he is only 21 lol..

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I didn't get a chance to watch the Devils game.
Did anyone watch Koekkoek closely to get a sense of his potential?
I see he was a minus 1 and got victimized on a bit of a break away but how did he perform overall?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->