Confirmed with Link: Rutta/2019 7th to TB for Koekkoek/2019 5th

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Another good trade by Stan. Upgrading the pick. Taking a chance on a former high pick. Wonder how they do the defense now. Davidson already cleared. Koekkoek will need waivers if they send him down. Or maybe just sending forsling down.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Rutta has talent, and I hope he finds it over there...this just isn't a Kempny or Daley situation, he was just outplayed and given many chances...good luck dude.

Agreed, he didn't come back the same after injury etc but he had a good stretch of games last year and it might just take him time to get the big stride back.

It's not like he was noticeably better than some vets while riding the pine and press box.

And for Tampa it's not a bad depth move having Rutta in the back pocket going into a serious contending post season. He's not been great, but he's no ****ing pylon either.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Very low risk to medium reward. Could be a servicable #5/6

Never got a proper chance in Tampa, with the emergence of Sergachev, Dotchin (until he **** the bed) then the acquisition of McDonagh.

He hasn't been that good however, but maybe a change of scenery helps, because this is likely his last chance at an NHL job, or he's an AHL/Europe bound.

How is it low risk instead of no risk?

Even if 4K never plays for this team, you still upgraded a 7th to a 5th and gave up a guy that any team in the league could’ve claimed a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Pez68

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Doesn’t Scotty Bowman attend most Lightning games? Maybe Stan got a tip from the old man that Slater was a guy to look into.

This is an intriguing trade for sure. I remember Koekkoek being really fast and having some skill. Wonder if there’s still a player there.

It didn't work out with Jurco, but it most definitely did with Panic. Sometimes a change of scenery does wonders. Nothing to lose.

Reactions: joshprost99

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Either Bowman is feeling the heat and he's finally throwing his stones on the table to make some bold moves or as others have mentioned, maybe Q was given too much say in roster construction over the years and handcuffing the FO

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Either Bowman is feeling the heat and he's finally throwing his stones on the table to make some bold moves
Definitely not this. He hasn't made any panic moves. They've all been smart and calculated, even the small trades like this one. He has certainly been active though. He knows this team is heading in a good direction so I think he's trying to do some prep work for next season.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am going to just say this again - we just got a 5th round pick for a guy we sent to the minors making $2mil plus and has ANOTHER year left on his deal...the 7th rounder we swapped is nothing to lose..people are nuts who have been arguing against those of us saying AA and Forsling can fetch 2nd/3rd rounders respectively...the deadline will get even crazier, teams in the hunt or contenders want everything they can to push them over the top - we will get a few more nice picks here or possibly awesome lotto tickets like Burakovsky...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad