Confirmed with Link: Rutta/2019 7th to TB for Koekkoek/2019 5th

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Rutta was in the minors and probably wasn’t going to get re-signed and we upgraded picks here. Anything Koekkoek becomes is just gravy. Stans been doing well in his minor trades this year.

Reactions: hawksrule

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Neat. Changed a 7th to a 5th. Cap space means diddle for me this season.

Apparently this Koekkoek guy (who I am giving the nickname of 4K) is a 24yo former 10th overall pick. Let him play in Rockford for the rest of the season, sign him for under a million this offseason, and see if he surprises in preseason.

Coca Cola sounds better to me

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This is like when Bowman turned John Scott into a 5th. Useless asset to us for cap space and a lotto ticket for Mark Kelley to scratch off. Yes please...

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Very low risk to medium reward. Could be a servicable #5/6

Never got a proper chance in Tampa, with the emergence of Sergachev, Dotchin (until he shit the bed) then the acquisition of McDonagh.

He hasn't been that good however, but maybe a change of scenery helps, because this is likely his last chance at an NHL job, or he's an AHL/Europe bound.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
This is like when Bowman turned John Scott into a 5th. Useless asset to us for cap space and a lotto ticket for Mark Kelley to scratch off. Yes please...
I was thinking Bollig for a 3rd...

Seriously really liking this trade. IMHO the best part is not the cap freed up this year, but next year--since Rutta is 100% off the book, buried or roster. That's 2.25M to spend on someone deserving.

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
I can dig it.

Now watch Tampa win the Stanley Cup with Rutta getting marginal minutes and that somehow results into a "take that, Stan!" narrative for reasons.

That would be both unsurprising and hilarious at the same time. Daley gets traded to Pittsburgh and they win the Stanley Cup, Kempny gets traded to Washington and they win the Stanley Cup, Rutta gets traded to Tampa Bay and they have the most realistic shot of winning the Stanley Cup.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Doesn’t Scotty Bowman attend most Lightning games? Maybe Stan got a tip from the old man that Slater was a guy to look into.

This is an intriguing trade for sure. I remember Koekkoek being really fast and having some skill. Wonder if there’s still a player there.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
So we get the younger, cheaper player with more potential and upgrade the pick? How the hell is Bowman doing this lately lol?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad