Dreger: Rutherford "in the market" for a dman

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Pens need a warm body due to injuries on defense, not a big trade.
Penguins buying themselves some time as they keep winning but look for GM to pull trigger this week if they drop a game or two. One of two trades probably. ZAR for a third pairing D or zucker for a mid pair D. Heard everything out of pitt from Dermott ( Toronto) , to Larsson ( Edmonton). Not sure acquiring a Canadian team D helps immediately with the quarantine.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens need to move more than Zar for a LD. I rather just hold off anything here with POJ playing reasonably well. But if the right deal is to be make, With Matheson, Dumo and Petts at 14 million, I would move Petts and a 2022 3rd for the minny D and eat 1 million per.

Letang Dumo
Marino Matheson
Ruhwedel Soucer
Cici Riikola

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pens need to move more than Zar for a LD. I rather just hold off anything here with POJ playing reasonably well. But if the right deal is to be make, With Matheson, Dumo and Petts at 14 million, I would move Petts and a 2022 3rd for the minny D and eat 1 million per.

Letang Dumo
Marino Matheson
Ruhwedel Soucer
Cici Riikola

Well that craps value off a cliff and still doesn't solve the numbers issue. Ridiculous idea.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Yep lets keep this D when healthy together and watch what happens. Sully is a joke now and the Pens need less of sully's stick on puck D and a player or two that can actually be a physical presence. So yes I move a Petts who has some value but a insane contract extension by grampa. Since Dumo is not close to a top pair D right now and Pens are still in that camp he is and Matheson who I think can be a good second pairing D man but that contract is simply unmovable. POJ will see more physical forwards and will struggle which is to be expected. But his mobility and hockey awareness is really good and he has a great future. So yes I take the D from Minny and move Riikola in another deal as well.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Vince Dunn would love to play in Pittsburgh.(I just made that up but it could be true)

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Letang Dumo
Marino Matheson
Ruhwedel Soucer
Cici Riikola
ZAR easily fetches a lower pairing D. He is regarded as a very good defensive forward and would be a welcomed addition to alot of teams. Can easily see ZAR for a LDH ( 3 pair, 7th D type) .

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
ZAR easily fetches a lower pairing D. He is regarded as a very good defensive forward and would be a welcomed addition to alot of teams. Can easily see ZAR for a LDH ( 3 pair, 7th D type) .

I would add to that "of similar age, contract, and potential". I don't see ZAR fetching a <25yo prospect with anything other than 3rd pairing potential.

Maybe like a Mike Reilly or Scott Harrington type.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'm feeling Mete ends up in Pit for what I don't know but it seems likely. Habs have guys on the taxi squad to fill in if needed and trading mete let's them acquire more cap space. But again I have no idea what the price will be.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I would add to that "of similar age, contract, and potential". I don't see ZAR fetching a <25yo prospect with anything other than 3rd pairing potential.

Maybe like a Mike Reilly or Scott Harrington type.
Pens aren't looking for a prospect D, they need someone to play now....preferably next game. The injury to ER now makes this a bit more cumbersome while trying to fill some holes up front too... I see their onky really option is ZAR for the 3rd pairing guy

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Graves

for

McCann

AVs move a surplus LHD to fill a defensive need for 3C. Pens obtain a steady LHD among the highest +/- leaders last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad