Rumor: Russo: Wild are looking for top 6 help

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Doubt they offer anything of value, not sure why you expect anything for Mitts.

He's a 24 year old with team control who has shown that with competent coaching (IE, NOT Kruger) he can be an asset to a team.

Just because his spot in Buffalo's lineup is in long-term question doesn't mean he's worthless. He's behind demi-god Tage Thompson and a fast-improving Dylan Cozens in Buffalo. He has 11 points in 19 games and is our best back-checker and solid in the dot and on the PK.

Maybe he plateaus as a very good #3C but I still think he has legit #2C upside. I just don't think he'll reach it in Buffalo given who's ahead of him and who's coming behind him.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
What’s the price for Kasperi Kapanen? He’s a Penguin, loved by Guerin and probably at the top of Billy G’s list at $3.2M.

I’m not saying it’s the best move, but the most likely move. Should the Wild look for a top 6 center? Probably. But they won’t. I hope I can eat my words!

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's a 24 year old with team control who has shown that with competent coaching (IE, NOT Kruger) he can be an asset to a team.

Just because his spot in Buffalo's lineup is in long-term question doesn't mean he's worthless. He's behind demi-god Tage Thompson and a fast-improving Dylan Cozens in Buffalo. He has 11 points in 19 games and is our best back-checker and solid in the dot and on the PK.

Maybe he plateaus as a very good #3C but I still think he has legit #2C upside. I just don't think he'll reach it in Buffalo given who's ahead of him and who's coming behind him.

He's 24, he's at the end of the runway. It's more likely he's traded for a guy in a similar position as he is on another team than another teams promising prospects. I'd trade Middleton for him, but that's about it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
As I said -- I'm not sure of Mitts' value......and I'm not sure how the Wild fanbase views some of their prospects.

Making it easy -- Mitts is easily a 3rd line center right now with the capability of being a solid #2C.

What's the equivalent in the Wild system? Preferably a D.
I have his value at or around a 2nd round pick.

He's 24, he's at the end of the runway. It's more likely he's traded for a guy in a similar position as he is on another team than another teams promising prospects. I'd trade Middleton for him, but that's about it.
Middleton might actually be the perfect comparison.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
What is the deal with Beckman? He showed some potential after his draft year, including an awesome D+1 year in the W. He is one of those players that seemed to out perform their draft position. Is he still in the future plans for the Wild? If so, does he project as more of a bottom 6 winger?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What is the deal with Beckman? He showed some potential after his draft year, including an awesome D+1 year in the W. He is one of those players that seemed to out perform their draft position. Is he still in the future plans for the Wild? If so, does he project as more of a bottom 6 winger?
Probably a '2nd line winger or nothing' type of deal.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

He was a Paul Fenton draft pick, so if there is one prospect with some value that might be available it's him.

Reactions: Boondock

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Drouin sucks and is a cap dump with horrible attitude. Montreal would need to pay Minnesota. No thanks
I was asking if Beckman is that type of player - not a proposal. Drouin needed to be put in an offensive role to be successful in the NHL, I was asking if that was the same with Beckman? I really am just curious because he's one of those players I've followed a bit after their draft but haven't heard much about lately.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Offensive winger that isn't doing much if not scoring ala Drouin?
I was asking if Beckman is that type of player - not a proposal. Drouin needed to be put in an offensive role to be successful in the NHL, I was asking if that was the same with Beckman? I really am just curious because he's one of those players I've followed a bit after their draft but haven't heard much about lately.

Yes, he's not a two way guy (another reason he could be moved). Not NHL ready yet, has good offensive instincts but looked a step behind in his few games here this season.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Yes, he's not a two way guy (another reason he could be moved). Not NHL ready yet, has good offensive instincts but looked a step behind in his few games here this season.
Thanks for the info. He's only 21, lots of time to find his NHL game.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the info. He's only 21, lots of time to find his NHL game.

Yeah I'm not worried about him yet. All the tools that made him a promising prospect are still there, and he's showing improvement in the pro game. He's never gonna be a great defensive guy or a big hitter but he's getting stronger.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Sorry Montreal fans, MIN isn't taking on your cap dumps. Apparently our gm dislike Monahan, so that will never happen
That’s fine, it was a suggestion of what’s available and cheap

Monahan is a confirmed no from Russo for like the past two years. Guerin doesn’t seem to like him
Didn’t know, that’s actually interesting wonder if his improved play this year changes that

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
What’s the price for Kasperi Kapanen? He’s a Penguin, loved by Guerin and probably at the top of Billy G’s list at $3.2M.

I’m not saying it’s the best move, but the most likely move. Should the Wild look for a top 6 center? Probably. But they won’t. I hope I can eat my words!
They've been looking for a top-6 center for years. You're acting like other GMs are eager to trade them

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
They've been looking for a top-6 center for years. You're acting like other GMs are eager to trade them
The one I was passed about was trocheck. Then again, other gm's seems to ask more from Minnesota than others. Couldn't believe what Florida was asking for him from Minnesota compared to what Carolina gave up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad