Rumor: Russo: Wild are looking for top 6 help

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Ignoring the hyperbole from my fellow Sabres fan above......

It's become glaringly obvious that Olofsson's future likely isn't in Buffalo. He needs to be in a top 6 role with plenty of PP time to be an effective point producer.......and we just don't have the ice time for him.

Consider: Tage, Skinner, Tuch, Cozens, Peterka, Quinn are all currently above him in the "depth chart", and Mittlestadt is probably above him too. The Sabres WANT Krebs to be there.....and then next year we're bringing Savoie and maybe Kulich and maybe Rosen into the mix. The numbers game say his future isn't in Buffalo.

Also see above for Mittlestadt. Same reasoning, though Mittlestadt is showing signs that he could absolutely thrive if given decent wingers in a top 6 role.

Fair enough. Seems like not too long ago, he was borderline "untouchable" in Buffalo. But thus is life for those types of players. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Same deal with Boeser in Vancouver. If he's not getting those prime offensive minutes and PP time, he really isn't doing much of anything useful.

Olofsson is still a pretty useful player in the right situation though. Seems like a guy a team like NYI should be absolutely all over if he were to really become available. Play him with Barzal and profit. CGY also seem like a really good fit, if they could make the cap work.

Doesn't really seem like an ideal option for Minnesota necessarily, where this just says "Top-6 help", but you'd have to think they could really use a Center more than another Winger. As well as Guerin harping on about "getting back to their identity" or whatever as a grinding sort of team.

But guys who can put the puck in the net like he and Boeser do, are certainly useful in the right situation. He's got a friendlier contract than Boeser too. Which struck me as hyperbole, just giving me away. Which i guess...sure enough, it is.

Boeser retained to his hometown should be of some interest here

Interested. How much retention and what is the price?

I really don't see the Canucks retaining on Boeser. Maybe taking back a cap offset of some sort, but it's hard to see the optics of signing Boeser to that big deal...and then turning around and immediately having to eat part of it for 3 years. At least, not without something really shiny and new coming back to dangle in front of the fans to distract them from that.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

So what top 6 players are available?

Kerfoot produced 50+ points last year primarily at top 6 LW/C and 0 PP time.

This season the success has not been there, do you guys have anyone else for a change of scenery type trade that would fit the Leafs needs?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

This season the success has not been there, do you guys have anyone else for a change of scenery type trade that would fit the Leafs needs?

No because we don't have a Tavares and a Nylander to carry him back to 50 points

Sebastien

May 1, 2022

Kerfoot is a cap dump or at best 7th round pick. Kerfoot does nothing for Minnesota unless it comes with a 1st for dumba

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
If you call everyone a cap dump, the term cap dump doesn't mean anything
I mean certain players like boeser, Kerfoot, drouin are. I used too love boeser until the last two years. If we need a player, go after Casey Middlestat. Then again, you all have gotten on me when I said Tim and Dean should be fired so we can have more skulls players

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
They've been looking for a top-6 center for years. You're acting like other GMs are eager to trade them

Of course. This team has been ever complacent to fill that hole. Let’s not act like the talent hasn’t been available for several years, and the management hasn’t been complacent in fixing that problem. Will it cost? Absolutely.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Kerfoot is a cap dump or at best 7th round pick. Kerfoot does nothing for Minnesota unless it comes with a 1st for dumba

If you call everyone a cap dump, the term cap dump doesn't mean anything

Yea...not sure where the cap dump is coming from. A lot of teams would like Kerfoot I am sure and maybe Minnesota has a guy in a similar situation that they're disappointed with their early season struggles.

By all means if the Wild doesn't have a guy they wanna do that type of player at this time, it's fine, just thought I would see if there is a mutually beneficial trade between the 2 clubs.

Thanks

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Well, I will give you a choice............

#1. Horvat.............................Goal scoring and face offs.........................................................................Faber and 1st (both)

#2 Boeser.............................Playing well......................................................................................................Faber or a 1st
#3. Garland...........................Not as offensive but his even strength stats are solid....................Faber or a 1st

#4. Kuzmenko......................Playing really well with Pettersson..........................................................Faber or a 1st

Horvat and Kuzmenko are both UFA's, and both are the best of the bunch. Ask Kaprizov if he would want to play with Kuzmenko.

If you are interested, lets talk......................all are better than Mittelstadt, all in different ways.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

#1. Horvat.............................Goal scoring and face offs.........................................................................Faber and 1st (both)

#2 Boeser.............................Playing well......................................................................................................Faber or a 1st
#3. Garland...........................Not as offensive but his even strength stats are solid....................Faber or a 1st

#4. Kuzmenko......................Playing really well with Pettersson..........................................................Faber or a 1st

Horvat and Kuzmenko are both UFA's, and both are the best of the bunch. Ask Kaprizov if he would want to play with Kuzmenko.

If you are interested, lets talk......................all are better than Mittelstadt, all in different ways.

And neither Faber nor the 1st are on the table.

Reactions: Oneiro

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

That's a lot of dots.

• Haha
Reactions: Tritsche

Sebastien

May 1, 2022

Lol Dream on

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Boeser isn’t good any longer. He's also slow and play a 1side game. No thanks. If any hometown player is still a little good, it's Casey Middlestat

i want to trade boeser but would not move him for mittelstadt.

boeser is still elite offensively, he's just prone to injury and slow to bounce back so add 5-10 actual games after he returns to every injury where he is still off his game. then he just starts quietly producing.

personally i am sick of the injury pattern and would like to move on but i fully expect him to stop getting hurt and dig in and have himself a year at some point, probably right after we trade him.

if you have a spot for him on the left side hashmarks pp1 he might be worth it for you. his one timer is a weapon that pulls defenders and goalies out of position, he can distributed the puck, he has deadly hand eye and he pays the price and goes to the net for greasy goals more than you would think.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Monahan, Hoffman, Dadanov, or Drouin could all be had for small amounts.

Could definitely see a fit with Monahan and retention
No they can't. Monahan isn't going cheap. Dadonov they will wait to see if he can get going. Drouin is the only one that can be had for a used puck and he is hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad