Rumor: Russo: Wild are looking for top 6 help

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well, MN just blew some cap on Reaves, which lessens their ability to take on salary, which is an advantage in any dealing.

Guerin is an idiot.
Depends. If he feels the room needed his leadership and that goes a long way for a team like that to get that support - then it's not a bad move. The wild have a key injury in their top 6 and some under performers that will level out.

Reaves' cap hit to replace smallish winger like Petan is like the weirdest complaint. This is like 1.75m for a year for a player that will have a positive influence on a team that needs that support right now with the up and down season they're having.

They should but Guerin prefers big guys with no offensive ability over scorers like Olofsson.
Lol, he added 1 big player and he cited for leadership and dressing room presence. He's made no other "big player preference" add. Steel and Petan are depth adds but they're smaller players that are the furthest from your assertion of the type Guerin likes.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
San Jose should take that and run and I am sure the GM would. That pick could be a lottery pick.

They should but Guerin prefers big guys with no offensive ability over scorers like Olofsson.
The same Olofsson whose not good , expensive and Buffalo fans want to give away? No!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Depends. If he feels the room needed his leadership and that goes a long way for a team like that to get that support - then it's not a bad move. The wild have a key injury in their top 6 and some under performers that will level out.

Reaves' cap hit to replace smallish winger like Petan is like the weirdest complaint. This is like 1.75m for a year for a player that will have a positive influence on a team that needs that support right now with the up and down season they're having.

Lol, he added 1 big player and he cited for leadership and dressing room presence. He's made no other "big player preference" add. Steel and Petan are depth adds but they're smaller players that are the furthest from your assertion of the type Guerin likes.
Petan is nothing but a temporary injury call upthat barely played, as was Cramarossa, Beckman, Fogarty. Weird that you would think that he is anything but. Reaves was acquired to be a full time NHL player for the rest of the year.

As to the bolded - that has become a running joke with Wild fans. Bottom line is this. Reaves is a really slow, bad hockey player who is a detriment to his team when on the ice. Until the NHL starts awarding points to the best locker room, or who wins the most fights, then he has negative value.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
They need to string together a few wins to convince me it is worth it. As much as I hate to discard a season in Kaprizov’s prime, I’m not sure this is a team that is ready to make a run even if they add a Top 6 piece.

When you consider the strength of the farm system and the cap situation, it just feels unwise to use futures to temporarily prop up a team that looks like another first round exit at best

Reactions: Stealth JD

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
If Florida is looking to move out cap someone like Reinhart should be a nice fit.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Zuccarello + Dumba + 2nd for Boeser and Horvat. MN then gets whatever they can for Boeser at the TDL with up to full retention. Who says no?

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zuccarello + Dumba + 2nd for Boeser and Horvat. MN then gets whatever they can for Boeser at the TDL with up to full retention. Who says no?

In real life, neither side are probably all that interested, though value favors Minnesota in this deal. On here, Vancouver says no.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
In real life, neither side are probably all that interested, though value favors Minnesota in this deal. On here, Vancouver says no.
I feel like Dumba has a little more value than Boeser currently and Zucc + 2nd is probably a little light for Horvat. I’m not even sure I’d really want to do this unless I was sure I could get a late 1st for Boeser fully retained at the deadline

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I feel like Dumba has a little more value than Boeser currently and Zucc + 2nd is probably a little light for Horvat. I’m not even sure I’d really want to do this unless I was sure I could get a late 1st for Boeser fully retained at the deadline

Zuccarello is like a decade older than Horvat. Canucks get a nice little futures haul for him at the deadline, which is what they probably prefer. The value might be similar if you converted both players into picks/prospects, but it's just not what Vancouver is or should be looking for. Deals where part of the return depends on flipping one of the pieces you get just a couple months later don't really happen.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Zuccarello is like a decade older than Horvat. Canucks get a nice little futures haul for him at the deadline, which is what they probably prefer. The value might be similar if you converted both players into picks/prospects, but it's just not what Vancouver is or should be looking for. Deals where part of the return depends on flipping one of the pieces you get just a couple months later don't really happen.
Zucc easily gets a 1st at the tdl , do you think Horvat gets more than a 1st , 2nd and maybe a b-prospect?

The Nucks rather easily. Jeez that's bad
Sorry , was just spit balling

Reactions: Groo

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Dumba + 1st for Kuzmenko

At this rate of Kuzmenko is available at the deadline as a rental he’s going to cost a 1st +. Could see him wanting to play with KK

You could say the plus shouldn’t be Dumba but there’s cap issues there and Vancouver needs a RD. If they sign Horvat and address the D they likely won’t have the cap needed to sign Kuzmenko long term anyways.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dumba + 1st for Kuzmenko

At this rate of Kuzmenko is available at the deadline as a rental he’s going to cost a 1st +. Could see him wanting to play with KK

You could say the plus shouldn’t be Dumba but there’s cap issues there and Vancouver needs a RD. If they sign Horvat and address the D they likely won’t have the cap needed to sign Kuzmenko long term anyways.

I think the Wild would have plenty of cap space for Kuzmenko's 950k.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Dumba + 1st for Kuzmenko

Minnesota isn't trading dumba or especially 1st round pick for rental

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad