Rumor: Russo: Wild are looking for top 6 help

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Can’t imagine Dumba not having the Sharks on his ten team no trade list.
- MN needs a top 6 C. Rossi, and possibly their 2023 1st, are the best C prospects they have in their system. Can't see moving both of them for the right to pay Meier 8.5 M+(yes, that's what it will take, if Meier continues at his present pace) going forward as they enter cap hell for the next two years.

Maybe this trade happens if Meier is signed for another year or two at his present cap hit.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
- MN needs a top 6 C. Rossi, and possibly their 2023 1st, are the best C prospects they have in their system. Can't see moving both of them for the right to pay Meier 8.5 M+(yes, that's what it will take, if Meier continues at his present pace) going forward as they enter cap hell for the next two years.

Maybe this trade happens if Meier is signed for another year or two at his present cap hit.
I think if Minnesota goes for Meier, it’s as a rental. They’d ask for 50% retention and pay a first plus a good prospect and that’s about it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think if Minnesota goes for Meier, it’s as a rental. They’d ask for 50% retention and pay a first plus a good prospect and that’s about it.
I would be pretty angry if they did that, as MN fan. Their window is clearly not now, so why give up a 1st in a loaded year (for forwards, which is where they need help), let alone a good prospect? Certainly not a Rossi.

I guess things can change, and MN looks like a top 5, cup contending team like last year at the TDL, but as of right now they are a one and done team playoff team at best. Meier is vg, but he isn't going to win them a Cup.

Reactions: murrough

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't expect Minnesota to go after any big name rentals. I'm not even sure they'll go after big-ish names with term. I think the guy they'll go after is somewhere between Kapanen and Garland. Just doesn't make any sense to trade 1sts or top prospects given this team still isn't a Cup contender, and we need those assets for the future.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Nobody cares what you think.
Well thank God you Don't run when you think players like Joel Eriksson ek (8ywars, foligno, greenway & Middleton (3 years extension) Jonas brodin, spurgeon ( long term with no trade or no movement are all of sudden going to be traded, or agree to waive)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I would be pretty angry if they did that, as MN fan. Their window is clearly not now, so why give up a 1st in a loaded year (for forwards, which is where they need help), let alone a good prospect? Certainly not a Rossi.

I guess things can change, and MN looks like a top 5, cup contending team like last year at the TDL, but as of right now they are a one and done team playoff team at best. Meier is vg, but he isn't going to win them a Cup.
What if, in a weird bizarre turn of events, Minnesota traded for Meier for 1st+prospect for this year. Then, since Meier is still a RFA, they traded him at the draft for 1st+prospect ala Fiala.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well thank God you Don't run when you think players like Joel Eriksson ek (8ywars, foligno, greenway & Middleton (3 years extension) Jonas brodin, spurgeon ( long term with no trade or no movement are all of sudden going to be traded, or agree to waive)
You need to stop putting words in my mouth.

I have never suggested actively trading Ek, Brodin or Spurgeon and I have basically said it would take a lot to get Foligno. Please read that again as you seem like the type that will need that repeated to you.

I’ve been indifferent towards Greenway. I think he’s an excellent facilitator, but in no way is he “untouchable” as you seem to suggest just because he signed a contract 10 months ago. If someone is offering a nice top 6 forward (ie someone better than Greenway), Greenway is not off the table.

Why you’re so emotionally attached to players like Middleton is beyond me.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If Guerin trades for Boeser I’d have some serious questions about his process. boeser will only be about 1-1.5M cheaper than Fiala on a long term deal and is almost the same age. Oh, and he’s a worse player.

I think Guerin will go the route of trying to patch holes with lackluster solutions like he always has. His first year here, Bjugstad and Marcus Johansson were our top 6 center solutions. Look for him to aquire a reclamation project of sorts or an older veteran that was once good but isn’t anymore.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I tend to agree with you. Meier is the type they’d acquire if they went for it but it seems unlikely for them to take that shot this year.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If Guerin trades for Boeser I’d have some serious questions about his process. boeser will only be about 1-1.5M cheaper than Fiala on a long term deal and is almost the same age. Oh, and he’s a worse player.

I think Guerin will go the route of trying to patch holes with lackluster solutions like he always has. His first year here, Bjugstad and Marcus Johansson were our top 6 center solutions. Look for him to aquire a reclamation project of sorts or an older veteran that was once good but isn’t anymore.
The only way Boeser works is if Vancouver or some other outside team retains some of his cap hit.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
You don't understand it. He lives in a great city, he has good mates on the team, he plays with a great center. Why should he want to go? He'll resign for sure if he gets a solid offer from the team.
Because the team is trash and is in perpetually chaotic management/ownership.

He can live in any other great city with better teammates somewhere else.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
Ignoring the hyperbole from my fellow Sabres fan above......

It's become glaringly obvious that Olofsson's future likely isn't in Buffalo. He needs to be in a top 6 role with plenty of PP time to be an effective point producer.......and we just don't have the ice time for him.

Consider: Tage, Skinner, Tuch, Cozens, Peterka, Quinn are all currently above him in the "depth chart", and Mittlestadt is probably above him too. The Sabres WANT Krebs to be there.....and then next year we're bringing Savoie and maybe Kulich and maybe Rosen into the mix. The numbers game say his future isn't in Buffalo.

Also see above for Mittlestadt. Same reasoning, though Mittlestadt is showing signs that he could absolutely thrive if given decent wingers in a top 6 role.
I think question wasn't why is Olofsson available, but why we would just jettison him for absolutely nothing?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
what has happened to Rossi? 1 point in 16 games? Minus player. Can Wild fans provide more context on his lack of production

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I can. He’ll have 7 Canadian teams and probably buffalo and Columbus on it. That leaves just one left.
Why would he block Canada or Buffalo or Columbus? I would only understand one blocking Arizona ahead of San Jose right now.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Why would he block Canada or Buffalo or Columbus? I would only understand one blocking Arizona ahead of San Jose right now.
Why wouldn't he block Canada? He lives in Minnesota full time with his Minnesota fiance and just bought a house here living with her. Buffalo is an automatic for almost any player.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Boeser isn’t good any longer. He's also slow and play a 1side game. No thanks. If any hometown player is still a little good, it's Casey Middlestat

13 pts in 14 games is not good in nhl standards anymore?

He isnt slow, what he lacks is agility and edging but these have never been the strenght of his game, yet he consistently produces.

He would be 3rd in assists and top 5 in points if he was playing on the Wild and thats with 6 less games played than the leaders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad