Rumor: Russo: Wild are looking for top 6 help

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
I think just about the entirety of the HFBoards Kings contingent would be interested in something around Middleton and Kupari, and I'd agree Kupari would fit well with Boldy.
Kumari doesn't have that type of value. In real life, jacob Middleton isn't being traded by our gm

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kumari doesn't have that type of value. In real life, jacob Middleton isn't being traded by our gm

Remember that one time you tried to call that one Canucks fan out because you said his fellow fans told him to stop because he was embarrassing them?

It's pretty embarrassing to come in here and see a take like "Kupari doesn't have the value to get a mediocre bottom pair defenseman".

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think just about the entirety of the HFBoards Kings contingent would be interested in something around Middleton and Kupari, and I'd agree Kupari would fit well with Boldy.
I’d do that for sure. Minnesota needs right handed players and centers and Middleton is fairly redundant with Merrill in the lineup. The two teams seem like a good fit for a trade.

How is Turcotte doing these days? I only got to see him the one year at Wisconsin. Seems like it’s been a bit of a struggle for him to make an impact.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Probably. What’s the ask for Garland?
Would prefer to take little cap back allowing the team to sign Horvat and have some extra money off the books to maybe sign Kuzmenko.

But if Wild wanted to move some cap back would Greenway be available? Is he back from an early shoulder injury I believe it was?

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I’d do that for sure. Minnesota needs right handed players and centers and Middleton is fairly redundant with Merrill in the lineup. The two teams seem like a good fit for a trade.

How is Turcotte doing these days? I only got to see him the one year at Wisconsin. Seems like it’s been a bit of a struggle for him to make an impact.
He dealt with two separate, serious concussion bouts as a result of cheap shot hits in the AHL the past two years. He’s finally been a healthy for the past few weeks, and he’s been killing it on Byfield’s wing. Turc has 5 points in 5 games and Byfield has 7 points in 5 games since they were paired up. Most of our board wants them to stay there and keep building chemistry getting 1st line minutes since Kopi and Danault are blocking them currently anyways.

After the concussions, we just wanted him to get his health back. He’ll have lots of patience from the org and fans to develop for sure.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
And only 20 minutes with both. Now check how much time he's logged with Horvat, Miller. 9 even strength points and 6 of them came with either Horvat, Miller or Pettersson. 5 powerplay points and 4 of them came on the top unit with all three of them.

You don't get to play the "oh look how good his production is with these bad players" card when most of his ice time and a vast majority of his production comes from playing with Horvat, Miller or Pettersson.
We're sticking him in our top 6, though. So he would be playing with Boldy in all likelihood

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Would prefer to take little cap back allowing the team to sign Horvat and have some extra money off the books to maybe sign Kuzmenko.

But if Wild wanted to move some cap back would Greenway be available? Is he back from an early shoulder injury I believe it was?
Dumba is the expected guy to go during the TDL for cap and assets. I don’t see Garland’s cap being an issue.

I doubt Greenway would go in a trade like this. I’d assume he goes for someone who is a high end 2nd line player.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Dumba is the expected guy to go during the TDL for cap and assets. I don’t see Garland’s cap being an issue.

I doubt Greenway would go in a trade like this. I’d assume he goes for someone who is a high end 2nd line player.
well if cap coming back isn't too much of an issue what would you as a Minnesota fan offer for Garland?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Bo is a rental: no go for Minnesota
Brock: has 1 or two goals and secondary assists because of who he plays with and his cap: better players were given away for nothing
Kuz: rental whose worth a 2nd or 3rd
Garland: 3 or 4th and that's a maybe due to his cap

All to say you overrate them and your own fanbase has told you to stop making them look bad
Lmfao. You know nothing about player value…clearly

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Bo is a rental: no go for Minnesota
Brock: has 1 or two goals and secondary assists because of who he plays with and his cap: better players were given away for nothing
Kuz: rental whose worth a 2nd or 3rd
Garland: 3 or 4th and that's a maybe due to his cap

All to say you overrate them and your own fanbase has told you to stop making them look bad
I see Doerrie is still keeping busy in her downtime

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
well if cap coming back isn't too much of an issue what would you as a Minnesota fan offer for Garland?
He’s tough to gauge his value. I’ve asked a couple of Canucks fans in other threads and haven’t heard back. I’d probably offer something like 2nd + S. Johansson (RHD)

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
I see Doerrie is still keeping busy in her downtime
What the heck is this supposed to mean?

Lmfao. You know nothing about player value…clearly
Actually I do

Remember that one time you tried to call that one Canucks fan out because you said his fellow fans told him to stop because he was embarrassing them?

It's pretty embarrassing to come in here and see a take like "Kupari doesn't have the value to get a mediocre bottom pair defenseman".
And you have no idea who kupari is or who jacob Middleton is to our defense. Apparently a player who hasn't played that much is worth jacob Middleton. Some of you are embarrassing yourself and great you don't run wild

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What the heck is this supposed to mean?

Actually I do

And you have no idea who kupari is or who jacob Middleton is to our defense. Apparently a player who hasn't played that much is worth jacob Middleton. Some of you are embarrassing yourself and great you don't run wild
Do you actually think Middleton is a top 4 defender? Or do you think Middleton is a 3rd pairing guy and just think so lowly of Kupari?

I’m worried you think not only is Middleton a top 4, but a 1st pair guy because he plays next to Spurgeon. You remind me of a certain poster on ACGM on CapFriendly that said Middleton is 100% a top pair defender.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Do you actually think Middleton is a top 4 defender? Or do you think Middleton is a 3rd pairing guy and just think so lowly of Kupari?

I’m worried you think not only is Middleton a top 4, but a 1st pair guy because he plays next to Spurgeon. You remind me of a certain poster on ACGM on CapFriendly that said Middleton is 100% a top pair defender.
Never said Middleton is a top 1 or top 2! But we traded Khakko for him and he was rewarded worth 3 years cheap extension especially because he's a big body. Our coach and gm like these types

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
He’s tough to gauge his value. I’ve asked a couple of Canucks fans in other threads and haven’t heard back. I’d probably offer something like 2nd + S. Johansson (RHD)
Would probably accept that, would try to ask from another mid round pick to be added like a 4th

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Would probably accept that, would try to ask from another mid round pick to be added like a 4th
Garland seems like a reasonable option, though it would probably lock us into a Boldy bridge deal (or a Zuccarello trade next summer). Neither would be deal breakers for me.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Garland seems like a reasonable option, though it would probably lock us into a Boldy bridge deal (or a Zuccarello trade next summer). Neither would be deal breakers for me.
Would be a dealbreaker for sure.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Just running rough numbers, gave Boldy an 8x8, Rossi is full time, signed Duhaime+Shaw for a combined 2.4M, Gus gets 1.25M, Addison at 2.5M and Faber full time at 900k. That roster is at 87.9M/86.5M. Could possibly retain on Garland (just like 1M) if he's the guy, and then haggle with Duhaime/Shaw/Addison a little more. Could also move Greenway out for another league minimum type guy to save ~2M.

Most likely scenario is Garland probably isn't the guy unless there's some retention (but I don't wanna pay for that so that's probably not on the table).
Second most likely scenario is Boldy gets bridged, but even then it's close.
Third most likely scenario is Greenway is part of a trade, maybe?

Would be a dealbreaker for sure.

Yeah but you also thought it was a dealbreaker because you didn't think Boldy could switch back to his natural position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad