News: Russo: Guerin looking to make significant moves

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Would be a huge mistake to trade Brodin or Dumba without getting a (potential) difference maker back. Since Wild doesn't need wingers, the only way you deal these quality players is if you can package them for a legit 1C or if you get a 1C potential having prospect back. Domi or Trochek would be a terrible return.

Koivu is donezo. Not an NHLer anymore, and any team trading a 7th rounder for him would be making a mistake. He should just call it and finish his career in classy way playing for only one franchise in his career.

Parise moving seems far-fetched.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
If you think Nick Robertson and a late first is enough for Petry, you’re out to lunch.

how about Timothy + VGS 1st for Petry

Your prospect evaluation is interesting...Nick Robertson looks like a hell of a player and a draft steal. Minus the Leafs lack of defensive prospects...I think most people would have him ahead of Liljegren though he’s had a good year and has recovered from some early year stumbling blocks.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Your prospect evaluation is interesting...Nick Robertson looks like a hell of a player and a draft steal. Minus the Leafs lack of defensive prospects...I think most people would have him ahead of Liljegren though he’s had a good year and has recovered from some early year stumbling blocks.
I think both are good. We already have a ton of NR-like players. Small forwards. We need defense so part of it is needs.

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
Yes, the Wild have too many wingers.. but not many that put the puck in the net. Why not trade away afew of them to get 1 good one in return?

Something like greenway, donato +
For a really good scoring winger, then sign RNH this summer?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
A $7.5M caphit with only a $1-2M salary sounds like a Melnyk wet dream.

I can't even fathom the basis of a Parise trade. I don't think there's any scenario where MIN doesn't give up a significant asset to get out of that contract, and they're in a stage where giving up a significant asset isn't really ideal.

And then they could still be on the hook for recapture penalties...

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Danton Heinen and Jakub Zboril for Greenway?

Greenway has just 1 more assist than him and is a year younger. Bruins could use someone on the 3rd line with more size

P10p

May 15, 2012
The guy had one great year 3 years ago which looks like an anomaly and based on that was being touted as a great defenseman. He's more a 3 defender than a 1 or 2.

The "guy" is someone who had a 50 pt 14g season 2 years ago, as a 23 year old. He was tracking for 56 pts last year when he went down to injury. He as struggled this year but there is no reason to believe he will not bounce back. You're trying to undersell him. How the hell is it an anomaly when a young player becomes a 50pt player after showing progression every single year. That is called development.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yes, the Wild have too many wingers.. but not many that put the puck in the net. Why not trade away afew of them to get 1 good one in return?

Something like greenway, donato +
For a really good scoring winger, then sign RNH this summer?
Hard to sign RNH this summer when he’s still under contract

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I can't even fathom the basis of a Parise trade. I don't think there's any scenario where MIN doesn't give up a significant asset to get out of that contract, and they're in a stage where giving up a significant asset isn't really ideal.

And then they could still be on the hook for recapture penalties...
Which I think peak this summer. If he was traded now and retired with a year left on his deal the Wild would be hit with $20m in dead cap space for a year.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Here's what is going to happen:

Vegas sends 1st + B prospect for Barrie and and re-signs him on the spot 7M x 5y.

Toronto uses Vegas's first + Robertson to trade for Jeff Petry.

Montreal trades Domi for Dumba.

Minny extends Domi 6 M x 6y.

It's the busiest deadline ever.
Ya Habs say no easy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad