News: Russo: Guerin looking to make significant moves

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Nothing that wasn't said in the radio interview, but it's in print here.
  • Team has an understanding with Koivu that he'll come to them if he's comfortable waiving. Russo seems to think it'd have to be for a contender, which seems unlikely. I kind of wonder if he wouldn't waive for Fletcher's Flyers, though.
  • There's an Eastern Conference team (rumored to be the Islanders) that's at least sniffing around Parise, who's previously expressed concern about sticking with the team if they go into any kind of rebuild.
  • Doesn't sound like he wants to trade either Brodin or Dumba, but is listening if someone's willing to move a 1C or 2C+.
  • They've expressed interest in Trocheck, but if Brodin has to go the other way Guerin would likely want more coming back with Trocheck.
  • Teams have interest in Foligno. Donato's been in and out of the lineup. Galchenyuk's the only expiring UFA besides Koivu.
So basically what most of us knew for the last few months. Foligno is still someone I hope we hold on to. And with our winger logjam, it's hard not to see Donato getting a fresh start somewhere else.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't get the whole 'holding onto Foligno' thing. People wanted to sell high on a 26 year old Zucker with term after a 30 goal season. Foligno is almost 29 and has 1 year left. If there was any 'sell high' scenario that's kicking you in the face right now, it's this one.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't get the whole 'holding onto Foligno' thing. People wanted to sell high on a 26 year old Zucker with term after a 30 goal season. Foligno is almost 29 and has 1 year left. If there was any 'sell high' scenario that's kicking you in the face right now, it's this one.
Russo starts beating a drum and people start to dance.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Let’s not forget this is the first year he’s ever been anything more than an average, overpaid 4th liner. A year ago no one cared what happened to him.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

depends on what we can get. what's "high" for a good 3/4 winger? If they still think we're making the playoffs Foligno is going to be worth a lot more than whatever we get for him. Barring some larger deal that lands us a C of course.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
OT- I miss Guerin as a player, he was a beast with the Bruins around 2002. Rocket shot, played hard every night

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
depends on what we can get. what's "high" for a good 3/4 winger? If they still think we're making the playoffs Foligno is going to be worth a lot more than whatever we get for him. Barring some larger deal that lands us a C of course.

If they’re considering moving Staal and Parise, I don’t think one year of Foligno is going to be where they draw the line.

Frankly, a 3rd would be worth doing. You can find 4th line wingers cheaper than Foligno anywhere.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
If they’re considering moving Staal and Parise, I don’t think one year of Foligno is going to be where they draw the line.

Frankly, a 3rd would be worth doing. You can find 4th line wingers cheaper than Foligno anywhere.
True on all counts but Foligno has been a great fourth liner. what it sound like here is people are looking for a pack of high priced forwards and filling in everything with scrubs. Which sounds Edmonton-y.
and as far as playoffs go i really don't see the attraction of a 3rd but yeah, if Parise and Staal are both shuttled off it'd be a head scratcher if they kept Foligno.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
The "guy" is someone who had a 50 pt 14g season 2 years ago, as a 23 year old. He was tracking for 56 pts last year when he went down to injury. He as struggled this year but there is no reason to believe he will not bounce back. You're trying to undersell him. How the hell is it an anomaly when a young player becomes a 50pt player after showing progression every single year. That is called development.

One season out of 7 over 35 points.....now what seems more right progression wise. An anomaly one season or a bump. He’s played 60 games this year and is tracking at his usual 30 point mark

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
So Guerin leaked the trade info to Russo so nobody blames him for not trading NMC players. Koivu in the 4th line wing might have been a trade tactic too.

Very interesting to see how the spring goes for the team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Foligno is a 3rd liner right now, and has played in the top 6. He has some skill, but nothing to blow you away. His main thing is aggressiveness, strength, some speed, and he's smart. To have someone call him nothing but a 4th liner is bizarre, when he literally hasn't been playing 4th line for large parts of this year.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
One season out of 7 over 35 points.....now what seems more right progression wise. An anomaly one season or a bump. He’s played 60 games this year and is tracking at his usual 30 point mark
You don’t have any reason to be in this thread. All you’ve done is try to stir the pot. If you came here trying to make a trade, that’s one thing, but all you’ve done is take a shot at our fan base. Just grow up bud

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
There’s definitely pros to keeping and selling Foligno. I’d set his value at a 2nd. If somebody overpay, move him. Otherwise, wait until somebody does. The organizations in a position where they need to try and create as much value as possible.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
keeping him or no, i'd hardly think a trade where Folignois the principle piece from MIN is what Russo meant by "significant".

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would assume it would probably be some combination of 2020 1st, Wahlstrom, Holmstrom, Sorokin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad