GDT: Russia Vs USA - 12/25 - 9:30 PM ET - TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
WTF are these rec league warmup shots that the US continues to throw at Askarov? Like, what was the point of that Sanderson shot?

They haven't been given any good looks. It's what happens when you get shut down. Just start throwing shit to the net and hope a bounce goes your way.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I don't understand the hate that guy gets... Great power winger. Fantastic on the boards . Strong and he can make plays around the net. I'll take him on my team any day
They said on Swedish television that the rumour in the catacombs is that he's got a minor injury that is playable.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
York had another one a few minutes ago. Americans actually were sustaining pressure for a shift. Puck came to him and lofts a wrist shot for an easy whistle for really no reason.

Yup, it wasn't the end of the shift, and Sanderson (just using the most recent example) was on the ice with the "top line". That's a shot that you take at the end of a shift, if you're on the ice with the 4th line, or if you're a bottom 6/defensive defenseman. I think that shows just where the heads of the US players are at.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I don't understand the hate that guy gets... Great power winger. Fantastic on the boards . Strong and he can make plays around the net. I'll take him on my team any day

10th overall pick that struggles to produce offense on the wing? Not sure what is hard to understand about that.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Boldy has pretty clearly been the best player in my bias eyes. I will say that Caufield has definitely been the most dangerous. I think Boldy, Beniers, Caufield, and Brink have been the only good forwards.

Reactions: Blue Ox

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Boldy has pretty clearly been the best player in my bias eyes. I will say that Caufield has definitely been the most dangerous. I think Boldy, Beniers, Caufield, and Brink have been the only good forwards.
:laugh:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
They haven't been given any good looks. It's what happens when you get shut down. Just start throwing shit to the net and hope a bounce goes your way.

I mean sure, but then you throw that shot in to the goalies pads and make him kick it out to create a rebound. Not flub a wrist shot to his glove hand side, short side, from below the dots while you have the most skilled players on your team on the ice.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wow I didn't realise at first how much empty net Brisson had to shoot at there. Askarov might want to fix that down the road.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Don't know. Askarov doesn't really convince me. Made a few terrific saves but doesn't really look sharp or calm overall. Constantly overcommitting and losing track of the puck. Americans should keep shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad