GDT: Russia Vs USA - 12/25 - 9:30 PM ET - TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I disagree with the theme that US players had a bad night.

I think it was a display of truth not living up to the local hype. They are just good prospects and not some amazingly talented superstars vastly superior to the Russian team.

A recurring theme every year, by the way.
I actually thought the Americans played fairly decent but Knight just laid an egg. It was an entertaining game and it wouldn’t be surprising to see a rematch happening for gold.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Yet another who turns hostile when I have a different opinion than them about their team's player. Take a number.

At least make a decent argument. A Habs fan claims I'm biased when it comes to Caufield. Very rich. Why isn't it a Blues fan or Jets fan arguing for the game Caufield played and instead a Habs fan? I don't like how these discussions always become so team-oriented where fans always feel the need to defend their team's players or criticize players of rival teams or players who they consider rival picks to their team's picks. How about we all try to give our honest opinions for all players with all team affiliations?

I'm American and will give my opinion on these players and our team. We didn't win this game. I thought Caufield was one of the weaker players among the big names. Doesn't mean I hate him or I don't think he'll have a good tournament. I didn't single him out. I defended someone who was getting hate from, you guessed it, Habs fans. I explained my reasoning why I thought he was a little weaker. Maybe you have other reasoning to think he played well. How about you explain that instead of your conspiracy theory?
You see only a few agree with your opinion of Caufield in this game and those few have been provin to hate Caufield/Habs.
Most including A lot of non-Hab fans are saying Caufield has stood out .Since i have watch the game i;m incline to agree with theoverwhelming majority ...Caufield was one of the better players for the US.

Reactions: Rob

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You see only a few agree with your opinion of Caufield in this game and those few have been provin to hate Caufield/Habs.
Most including A lot of non-Hab fans are saying Caufield has stood out .Since i have watch the game i;m incline to agree with theoverwhelming majority ...Caufield was one of the better players for the US.

Where's the proof any of these people hate Caufield? And I'm not saying it's not there. I'm well aware that these threads are filled with people criticizing prospects for rival teams or prospects considered rivals, but I've yet to see what you are suggesting.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Yet another who turns hostile when I have a different opinion than them about their team's player. Take a number.

At least make a decent argument. A Habs fan claims I'm biased when it comes to Caufield. Very rich. Why isn't it a Blues fan or Jets fan arguing for the game Caufield played and instead a Habs fan? I don't like how these discussions always become so team-oriented where fans always feel the need to defend their team's players or criticize players of rival teams or players who they consider rival picks to their team's picks. How about we all try to give our honest opinions for all players with all team affiliations?

I'm American and will give my opinion on these players and our team. We didn't win this game. I thought Caufield was one of the weaker players among the big names. Doesn't mean I hate him or I don't think he'll have a good tournament. I didn't single him out. I defended someone who was getting hate from, you guessed it, Habs fans. I explained my reasoning why I thought he was a little weaker. Maybe you have other reasoning to think he played well. How about you explain that instead of your conspiracy theory?

Way OTT post considering what I wrote. You said Caufield gave no puck support and that Turcotte played fine. I called you out on both accounts. The end.

What conspiracy theory?? Your old posts? Are you gonna say you never hyped Turcotte all the way to Jupiter or would you like me to bring up a select collection of posts of yours?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Way OTT post considering what I wrote. You said Caufield gave no puck support and that Turcotte played fine. I called you out on both accounts. The end.

What conspiracy theory?? Your old posts? Are you gonna say you never hyped Turcotte all the way to Jupiter or would you like me to bring up a select collection of posts of yours?

You’ve moved the goalposts into another country. Do I think Turcotte is better than this website gives him credit? Absolutely.

That also has nothing to do with the discussion. This is a rather weak argument you are putting forth. You don’t want to address any of the substance about Caufield’s play in that game because it’s not favorable for your NHL team. That’s why you try to discredit me with conspiracy theories.

And what’s funny is that I defended Caufield plenty so far in this tournament from the crazy overreactions. I call it as I see it. You don’t. When I say what I’m sure you know is the truth you turn to conspiracy theories that because I think Turcotte is better than this website credits him for that somehow I’m disqualified from giving an opinion on Caufield. They don’t play the same position, don’t play on the same line, play very differently. So bizarre.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
You’ve moved the goalposts into another country. Do I think Turcotte is better than this website gives him credit? Absolutely.

That also has nothing to do with the discussion. This is a rather weak argument you are putting forth. You don’t want to address any of the substance about Caufield’s play in that game because it’s not favorable for your NHL team. That’s why you try to discredit me with conspiracy theories.

And what’s funny is that I defended Caufield plenty so far in this tournament from the crazy overreactions. I call it as I see it. You don’t. When I say what I’m sure you know is the truth you turn to conspiracy theories that because I think Turcotte is better than this website credits him for that somehow I’m disqualified from giving an opinion on Caufield. They don’t play the same position, don’t play on the same line, play very differently. So bizarre.

Nope. Again, you haven't clearly identified what constitutes a 'conspiracy theory' from my end. You flat out said Caufield was lacking in puck support. Not true. You've pumped Turcotte's tires for a long time now and in a game vs. Russia where he was clearly struggling to generate offense, you kept pumping. Oh well.

The overreactions? Don't care about that. I ignore them. I don't ignore your posts because of the breadth of comments you provide on the US players. And I felt your assessment of both players' game against Russia was off, specific to the 2 aspects mentioned above. They play different positions? Sure. Completely unrelated to their respective ability to generate offense and provide smart puck support to linemates.

Puck support and mobility for Caufield were downright atrocious at last year's tournament. This? This is fresh air into my nostrils.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nope. Again, you haven't clearly identified what constitutes a 'conspiracy theory' from my end. You flat out said Caufield was lacking in puck support. Not true. You've pumped Turcotte's tires for a long time now and in a game vs. Russia where he was clearly struggling to generate offense, you kept pumping. Oh well.

The overreactions? Don't care about that. I ignore them. I don't ignore your posts because of the breadth of comments you provide on the US players. And I felt your assessment of both players' game against Russia was off, specific to the 2 aspects mentioned above. They play different positions? Sure. Completely unrelated to their respective ability to generate offense and provide smart puck support to linemates.

Puck support and mobility for Caufield were downright atrocious at last year's tournament. This? This is fresh air into my nostrils.

I identified your conspiracy theory very plainly. You are suggesting that I have reason to criticize Caufield because I think Turcotte is better than you do. Mind you, Turcotte has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion about Caufield taking place.

Your attempt to discredit me simply doesn’t work. I get it everyday on this website. I’m far from bothered after all these attempts from people who are trying to pose as a PR man for their NHL team in their response to my opinion about their NHL prospect. And as I said, I’ve more than defended Caufield. But no, I guess I hate him because you’ve created a conspiracy theory that says so.

I’m now done responding to your conspiracy theory. Either explain why you disagree with the substance of what I initially said or this discussion is over.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I identified your conspiracy theory very plainly. You are suggesting that I have reason to criticize Caufield because I think Turcotte is better than you do. Mind you, Turcotte has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion about Caufield taking place.

Your discrediting facts simply don’t work. I get it everyday on this website. I’m far from bothered after all these attempts from people who are trying to pose as a PR man for their NHL team in their response to my opinion about their NHL prospect. And as I said, I’ve more than defended Caufield. But no, I guess I hate him because you’ve created a conspiracy theory that says so.

How about you actually address anything I stated and explain why it’s wrong? I’m done responding to your conspiracy theory. Either explain why the substance of what I initially said is wrong or this discussion is over.

And I wrote that where? I never wrote that. Did I point out direct correlation? Or did I call you out on two separate, unrelated points? You didn't identify shit. :laugh:

"I guess I hate him" -- so childish. Puck Support. Offense Generation. Enjoy Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad