WC: Russia at the 2010 World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Very easy to beat on their defense. Very easy to try to score against, that's if you can beat Varmalov. Do the traditional Russian ballet.

Canadians did quite well in that first aspect *sigh* Who is Varmalov? :handclap: Fedorov's goal was quite a ballet too. But, then again, better a ballet than a typical Canadian goonery.

Vladiator16*

Very easy to beat on their defense. Very easy to try to score against, that's if you can beat Varmalov. Do the traditional Russian ballet and will score more goals on you, if you give too much room it can be quickly 2-0, 3-0 against a weaker team. Russian's were not able to do that in the Olympics which is clearly another weakness of this team. If you go down 2-0, they will block shots and try to diminish your chances, a new type of strategy for Russia in recent years ( i think). Then while your trying to play catch up, they'll strike a few more goals.

:cry::cry::cry:
yeah, how easy was it to beat up on our defence for Canada today, how many goals did Canada score again?

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
:cry::cry::cry:
yeah, how easy was it to beat up on our defence for Canada today, how many goals did Canada score again?
It was pretty easy. Two nice goals (2-2 in the 3rd period goal wise), and some open nets and opened miss chances. Canada just didn't finish. Just like it was easy to score on you in the Olympics.

Now maybe if you answer the German fans questions, you would be more helpful.

pouskin74*

It was pretty easy. Two nice goals (2-2 in the 3rd period goal wise), and some open nets and opened miss chances. Canada just didn't finish. Just like it was easy to score on you in the Olympics.

Now maybe if you answer the German fans questions, you would be more helpful.

it was end of third period. what would you expect from them? fight till to injury at score 4-0 ? BTW it wasnt so easy to score in Torino as i remember or in Bern last year. you can make a shots from every angle ( as canadians used to do) but that dosnt mean defence is weak.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
it was end of third period. what would you expect from them? fight till to injury at score 4-0 ? BTW it wasnt so easy to score in Torino as i remember or in Bern last year. you can make a shots from every angle ( as canadians used to do) but that dosnt mean defence is weak.
Well, Russia can score, there's no doubt about it. Canada can score right back as they showed in 2008 against Russia. If you look at the overall picture though. Turino was it was just a bad year, Canada didn't score at all. Years previous and going foward Canda did good, so did Russia. Don't you think that this is good :).

pouskin74*

Well, Russia can score, there's no doubt about it. Canada can score right back as they showed in 2008 against Russia. If you look at the overall picture though. Turino was it was just a bad year, Canada didn't score at all. Years previous and going foward Canda did good, so did Russia. Don't you think that this is good :).

you right:)

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
How has Geno looked over there? :)

i'd say pretty well. the team had been starting to warm up before, but once geno & datsyuk landed, it def helped. i think malkin now has 6 pts in 3 games as well

Since I haven't seen much of Team Russia in this tournament, could someone please quickly sum up their strength and weaknesses?

strength, as noted before they're starting to look better. in their first games you could see they were still trying to figure each other out and in varly's first game he was a bit shaky. since then though they're doing better(though ovechkin & semin have been a bit quieter) and varly has been solid when needed

a weakness is still their 1st period. its almost like they're taking time to figure the other team out. vs finland it almost hurt them as the finns got about 4 posts and had a 5 on 3. when finland didn't score on that the tone started to change. also the finns weren't playing all their d and another got injured so a few seemed to get tired as the game went on. even today canada seemed to have quite a few good chances in the first but just couldn't put the puck in the net.

sorry i cannot go into more depth, i missed some games + when you cannot understand swedish you're probably missing some good points

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Unlikely at the moment.

yeah, i guess i should've said that's what they're saying now, though when you haven't heard anything else about and it doesn't seem to be what anyone is talking about, its still questionable.

would rather them do it in 2012 anyway myself for reasons stated in the other thread

omaha82

May 20, 2010
Heidelberg, Germany
some off topic

Is bayern hated in some parts of Germany?

There are some stereotypes towards them (Lederhosen, very conservative, funny accent). In a way, they are our Texas ;)

And Bayern Munich as a soccer team is usually hated amongst supporters of any other German club simply because they are the richest team that can afford the best players and wins the championship regularly.

But as i said, tonight we`re all Bavarians :)

Postnova

May 20, 2010
There are some stereotypes towards them (Lederhosen, very conservative, funny accent). In a way, they are our Texas ;)

And Bayern Munich as a soccer team is usually hated amongst supporters of any other German club simply because they are the richest team that can afford the best players and wins the championship regularly.

But as i said, tonight we`re all Bavarians :)

Inter one up,close game,ht.

Devils Mike*

Kovy and Datsyuk are the 2 top puck handlers in the league while Malkin is a beast at holding the puck.

No one can take the puck away from them basically.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
I usually don`t but every German football fan will be a Bayern supporter tonight :)

Nope.
I was definitly not rooting for Bayern and judging from the celebration I heard
from the sports bar in my street most here weren't sad to see Bayern lose,

omaha82

May 20, 2010
Heidelberg, Germany
Nope.
I was definitly not rooting for Bayern and judging from the celebration I heard
from the sports bar in my street most here weren't sad to see Bayern lose,

My last OT post: I think thats sad for German football. You`ll find many Italians who hate Inter, but not so many who were rooting for Bayern today... Same goes for England and other football nations.

Back 2 topic:

ou8npv.jpg

i2edAlien

Apr 10, 2010
Canadians did quite well in that first aspect *sigh* Who is Varmalov? :handclap: Fedorov's goal was quite a ballet too. But, then again, better a ballet than a typical Canadian goonery.

Video link please? :D

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on YT. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad