WC: Russia at the 2010 World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Saprykin is a lazy bum and a could have been, Artyukhin came out of NOWHERE to make the NHL and has played more games already (?) than Saprykin ever had. If used properly - Artyukhin can reek havoc against other team's players, he's got the size the speed and the hands - lacks finishing touch and takes dumb penalties, that too...I really want him to be signed to play a 4th line winger over in Boston.

I agree Atryuhkin has shown me flashes of some real potential, he could have been a useful addition to the NT.

ZZM

Nov 16, 2009
Stockholm
im not so sure about Artuchkin, i think he´s not fit in with the russian typical game. maybe he should played the olympics but not Wc with big rinks. dont think Bykov use him properly because he´s not coaching like an NHL coach.

also i see some problems when d-men starts the attacking,bad passes and a big gap between d-men and the forwards. the long turnover passes dont work.
maybe all the players will step up some levels after only 2 games?

Imo Afinogenov is the best player right now, great speed,fore and backchecking, always a threat round the net, tacles and so on.
Kovalchuk is trying but he´s not really "there" yet.Same about ovechkin.

Korneev plays very well.

On paper line up Russia got the best team, but havent we heard that before?

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Doesn't Datsyuk have to wait until the next round before he can play?

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
The Artyukhin of Tampa Bay and the Artyukhin of Atlanta are not the same player. Dumbasses in Tampa tried to make him a fighter. His speed can carry him on big ice as he showed flashes of that with the Thrashers including a coast-to-coast goal.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Besides Markov, who is obviously still in the playoffs with Montreal, who will Russia be missing off their Olympic team? Their World Championship team is shaping up to be almost an exact replica of the team they iced in Vancouver.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Besides Markov, who is obviously still in the playoffs with Montreal, who will Russia be missing off their Olympic team? Their World Championship team is shaping up to be almost an exact replica of the team they iced in Vancouver.

Nabokov

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Everyone on Zaripov-Zinoviev-Morozov line injured as well as Radulov. Bryzgalov, Nabokov, Markov, Volchenkov, Gonchar, Tyutin are also not there.
Still, it's an extremely stacked roster for WC competition.

ontheDB

Sep 4, 2008
We all know why no Russian player is saying to joining the team this WC.

I'm sure if another team got embarrassed like they did, they'd have a stacked team as well. It'd an Olympic year, they should have thinner teams, as they do.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
We all know why no Russian player is saying to joining the team this WC.

I'm sure if another team got embarrassed like they did, they'd have a stacked team as well. It'd an Olympic year, they should have thinner teams, as they do.

Like Sweden? :help: No but kudos to the Russians, mid may and they still want to play. We get Backlund, Canada gets Raymond, and Russia brings in..... Malkin and Gonchar.

Tombernack

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I am impressed by their desire to play.

Is there anyway they can lose this WC? And if they do somehow lose, how many heads will roll this time?

pouskin74*

you cant replace Radulov and ZZM

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
What will Russias lines look like with all the additions?

Will Fedorov stay with Semin and Ov? He's played well (3 Pts in 3 games, +3 rating, player of the game Thursday) and the line is clicking just like in 2008.

Datsyuk-Kovalchuk will probably be the best line in the tourney (Right now Kovalchuk only has 1 point playing with Tereschenko), and Malkin can carry a line all by himself, giving the Russians 3 first lines...or will Bykov try to really load up on his top 1-2 lines?

Also, will Gonchar take over from Korneev on the PP1 unit? Gonch is still Russia's #1 offensive D-man along with Markov, but Korneev despite not hitting the scoresheet has played some pretty good hockey.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
It's the USSR all over again, who's gonna be able to stop this Russian team from getting the gold medal.

RusskiyHockey

Apr 5, 2008
russkiyhockey.wordpress.com
I reckon these will be the lines:
Ovy - Fed - Semin
Kovy - Datsyuk - Afinogenov
Kulemin - Malkin - Frolov (K & M finally re-united)
Kozlov/Mozyakin - Anisimov - Sushinsky

Tereshchenko is odd man out no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad