WC: Russia at the 2010 World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
With Malkin and Datsyuk out of the WC for the NHL playoffs (and probably deep cup runs for both their teams), what is the word on whether or not Russia's other 2 Olympic centers will carry the team for the WC?

Fedorov had a great Olympics with 4 pts in 4 games on Radulovs line, and Zinoviev underperformed but surely is expected to do better against teams like Latvia and Kazakhstan.

Has any word on either of these guys been announced?

In my opinion, based on skill and merit, they should be the #1 and #2 centers for this Russian WC team.

Zinoviev can redeem himself for the Olympics now that he is healthy and Fedorov can teach the up and comers one final time in preparation for Socchi 2014.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Zinoviev played very well in Olympics, at least up until his injury. I thought Fedorov looked his age.

Anyhow, Zinoviev hasn't recovered from his injury and wont play at WC And I doubt Fedorov will either. I think the Olympics was his 'last hurrah' with the NT.

Probably see these 4:
Tereschenko
Kuryanov
Gorovikov
Anisimov

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Zinoviev played very well in Olympics, at least up until his injury. I thought Fedorov looked his age.

Anyhow, Zinoviev hasn't recovered from his injury and wont play at WC And I doubt Fedorov will either. I think the Olympics was his 'last hurrah' with the NT.

Probably see these 4:
Tereschenko
Kuryanov
Gorovikov
Anisimov

Sad news about Zinoviev. Is he having surgery or what it the deal?

And as for Fedorov, has he stated he will not play or is it still up in the air?

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Any update on whether Fedorov wants to go or not?

Looks like Kovalchuk will be available. Bad news for the Devils, great news for Team Russia!

A Kovalchuk-Fedorov line could still do great things, anyone remember how they won the tournament back in 2008?

Purple hippo

Jan 3, 2010
Louvain-la-Neuve
Russia dosnt play Latvia, not in same group, you are thinking about Belarus.

Pavel Lysenkov says Kovalchuk may miss the WC. As for Parshin, hope to see him on the roster.

RusskiyHockey

Apr 5, 2008
russkiyhockey.wordpress.com
Roster for the final EuroTour stage:

G: Koshechkin, Khudobin, Eremenko
D: Kulikov, Atyushov, Korneev, Kulyash, Kalinin, Denisov, Ryasensky, Belov
F: Afinogenov, Kulemin, Artyukhin, Anisimov, Tarasenko, Lisin, Gorovikov, Sushinsky, Fedorov, Kozlov, Radulov, Mozyakin, Svitov, Saprykin, Grigorenko

Most of this roster will make up the WC team. A lot of youth + a few token veterans.

Sid82

Dec 17, 2009
filatov & parshin cut?
i saw them playing last we vs. italy (3-3), parshin was pretty impressive, filatov was disapponted...this roster looks pretty scary

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone think Emelin might make it? He had a pretty impressive playoffs.

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
Not likely Nikita makes it then? Looks like all the other guys have way more experience then him, at least at NHL level, but look at what Canada is doing, letting the younger players go....:cry:, just rootin for ma boy though, not saying to take their approach...

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Its the last thing on their minds right now, when the Caps lost game 7, but...are Ovechkin and Semin going to the WC??

This would be phenomenal!

Reunite the 2008 Gold Medal Line, Ovechkin-Fedorov-Semin! :yo:

Or maybe Ovechkin-Feds-Radulov?

Cermi

Mar 6, 2008
I suppose Lisin wont make the final roster but what are the chances for Anisimov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad