Player Discussion: Ruslan Iskhakov

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I think the game is gravatating towards skill, speed, and hockey IQ, For this reason I like this pick. Someone mentioned Jack Wise as being a possible pick when Isles picked. I like him too, and honestly I knew more about Jack than Rusian before the Isles made this pick. But watching this kid's tape, and his skill. I am liking how the Isles went slightly off the board here. To me this is a scout's pick, and Lou may have had some info on him before coming to the Isles. I have no way of confirming this, but I think going up to get him in the 2nd rd The Isles may have beaten the Leafs to the punch as this is a player they like to take. We will see but he looks like a neat little player.

For reference..

Scott Perunovich Scouting Report: 2018 NHL Draft #63 - Last Word on Hockey

Scott Perunovich

Defense -- shoots L
Born Aug 18 1998 -- Hibbing, MN
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 5.09 -- Weight 164 [175 cm/74 kg]
Drafted by St. Louis Blues
- round 2 #45 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft
scott-perunovich-2018-36.jpg

Regular SeasonPlayoffs
SeasonTeamLgeGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPGAPtsPIM
2016-17Cedar Rapids RoughRidersUSHL566152114-37----------
2017-18U. of Minnesota-DuluthNCHC421125363622
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Embed Scott Perunovich stats! | View as text

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Truth is, if this kid grows a we little bit and continues to work on core as well as upper body strength, the attributes seem to be there to be a David Desharnais type.

If the wheels come as well, then we may very well be talking about another Palffy.

Still, the odds are ALWAYS against a smaller player of this nature.

But it is good to know that we've got a skill player in the organization who is but just a growth spurt away from being a dynamic scorer!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad