Speculation: Rumours, Speculation, and Armchair GM talk - XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
This will haunt me forever.

Seriously? I messed up the Roman Numerals?

Anyhow, we're trading Hudler for Okposo? Oh noes!

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
This thread needs more Backlund.

backlund.JPG

Anyone else remember this beauty?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
This is just an opinion, though. If he was really the most reliable, then why didn't Hartley rely on him in the playoffs?

From what I've seen the past couple of seasons, Ramo is inconsistent when his playing time is inconsistent, but once he's given a chance to take the reigns for a while, he has a tendency to find a rhythm.

Ramo played a grand total of what, ten more minutes than Hiller in the playoffs. Neither was really relied on one way or the other. It was a coin toss - just like the entire regular season.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Haha no, I just really like him.

Okposo I could live with, but no thanks to JvR. He's too soft for a big guy and he has no defensive game to him. I have been watching the Leafs for a long time and I honestly think he has as much value as a factor to playing along side of Kessel.

To me, JvR is a 2nd line 25-25 guy that is good offensively if given the proper linemates but has to really polish his defensive game.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Okposo I could live with, but no thanks to JvR. He's too soft for a big guy and he has no defensive game to him. I have been watching the Leafs for a long time and I honestly think he has as much value as a factor to playing along side of Kessel.

To me, JvR is a 2nd line 25-25 guy that is good offensively if given the proper linemates but has to really polish his defensive game.

Fully agreed.

That said, at 27, the idea that Okposo is young is a stretching it a bit. ~22-30 is roughly the prime years of forwards and he's on the downwards end of that. But he's way more attractive an addition than JVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad