Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Deadline Festivities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
As they should, he's definitely a serviceable bottom 6 forward who can be elevated if necessary and can contribute on the PP. Even if he isn't producing, he isn't a detriment. He's also cheap which is what we need.
there is another downside though. Players are more willing to sign with you if you do nice things for them like trade them to a contender for a playoff run. Chiasson won't get much chance to really shine if he doesn't make it.

Although, I do believe he's said he wants to stay, and who knows? Maybe we do go on a run and he's a part of it. Personally I think we should go for it, if for nothing else than for pride, which for this team is probably more important than a few spaces on the draft board.

Reactions: McDeepika

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If anyone is super hungry for a sketchy rumor already-

I have zero familiarity with this guy, but perused his twitter, doesn't look like a rumor monger by trade, but by that same token doesn't appear to have inside sources, oh and it looks like Eklund conveniently jumped on the bandwagon 12 mins later.

The return in his article is underwhelming says TOR trades Hainsey to CGY for Andrew Neilsen, then TOR trades Nielsen, Brown, and a 2nd for Nurse.

NO thanks

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Guys, Andrew Nielsen is a Flame, not a Leaf, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Edit: Never mind, I saw the rest of it. And, with that in mind, I'd still put less than 0% stock into it.

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I’m thinking Chiasson, Kassian and Benning are moved today.

I'd be really surprised if any of them are moved. I don't see much of a market for Kassian and Benning because of the extra year and it appears to be a buyers' market this year so I don't think they'd be interested in dealing Chiasson for a 4th or 5th which seems to be his worth based on the market thus far.
I can see Petrovic or Gravel going for a 6th or 7th. That's about it.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
This is the OBC today:

Get in there and sell!!
maxresdefault.jpg

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
As they should, he's definitely a serviceable bottom 6 forward who can be elevated if necessary and can contribute on the PP. Even if he isn't producing, he isn't a detriment. He's also cheap which is what we need.

You are assuming we can resign Chiasson for cheap. If this isn’t the case then he should be moved for whatever we can get.

Thomas Tatar

I agree but if you can get rid of Lucic without retention for the cost of JP, that would be pretty hard to pass up.

Alas, this is where we have come as a franchise. I remember the argument that it wasn't Larsson straight up for Hall, it was Larsson PLUS Lucic for Taylor Hall.

And now we are at Lucic + Larsson for Hall + 4th overall pick

What a world we live in. There are no hockey gods, if there are they are EVIL.

North

Jun 25, 2009
You are assuming we can resign Chiasson for cheap. If this isn’t the case then he should be moved for whatever we can get.

I’m thinking the PTO guy who’s scoring has dried up isn’t going to cost an arm and a leg to retain.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
I’m thinking the PTO guy who’s scoring has dried up isn’t going to cost an arm and a leg to retain.

He’s a UFA - even if he’s willing to resign for cheap there is no guarantee it would be with the Oilers. I’m sure there are other teams that would be interested in him at a low cost. Unless the Oilers have a signed contact extension he should be traded.

North

Jun 25, 2009
He’s a UFA - even if he’s willing to resign for cheap there is no guarantee it would be with the Oilers. I’m sure there are other teams that would be interested in him at a low cost. Unless the Oilers have a signed contact extension he should be traded.

It’s already been reported he wants to re-sign with the Oilers.

That being said, I’d rather get an asset for him and re-sign him in the off season if the Oilers want him back that much.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Remember when Tambo got Smithson at the trade deadline and thought oilers we're gonna make playoffs lol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Remember when Tambo got Smithson at the trade deadline and thought oilers we're gonna make playoffs lol
What was best was watching them in their war room. Everyone was on board with that move. They all were so excited. Except for Stu as he had one last bullet. It just showed how they were all working as a team and it wasn't just Tambo pulling strings

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
Just curious, is Speedyturtle officially retired or shall he grace us with his presence today??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad