Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oilers (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I blame them as well though. Not having integrity isn't a flex.
Personally I blame the league more than Vegas. Where did integrity for every other team but Vegas get them last year while they were lifting Lord Stanley in June or every team but Tampa a few years ago?

Don't get me wrong, Vegas is easy to hate but I blame the league for allowing this foolishness.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Personally I blame the league more than Vegas. Where did integrity for every other team but Vegas get them last year while they were lifting Lord Stanley in June or every team but Tampa a few years ago?

Don't get me wrong, Vegas is easy to hate but I blame the league for allowing this foolishness.
For sure I blame the league, the Oilers still have 5 games, the League is an unserious joke, but they could still have integrity, however the player and the team absolutely do not.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
tenor.gif

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Speaking of the OHL draft, the kid that went 1st overall is 6'5'' 233lbs. He just turned 16 a couple weeks ago. Pretty wild.

Windsor is gonna have some big boys up front.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I wonder what we end up doing next season with only 8/14 of our current forwards signed for next season:

RNH-Mcdavid-Hyman
Kane-Drai-XXX
Holloway-McLeod-XXX
XXX-XXX-XXX
Ryan

Henrique, Foegele and Perry all set to be free agents and usually playing in our top 9.

Our entire 4th line might go as well between Janmark, Brown and Carrick

That doesn't even consider moving Kane.

Reactions: FlameChampion

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Oilers should try and trade for Hronek in the offseason
I don't even know that there is a 1% chance of that even coming up in talks let alone happening.

Hindsight is 20/20.

This team didn't really take off until after the deadline last year and weren't really on solid ground almost the entire time Kane was out. They needed him and weren't in a position to assume that if you parked him you could just pick him back up in the playoffs because the playoffs weren't necessarily a lock.
That and it's not exactly just a team decision. If player isn't 100% on board you have a total disaster on your hand

Reactions: K1984

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I wonder what we end up doing next season with only 8/14 of our current forwards signed for next season:

RNH-Mcdavid-Hyman
Kane-Drai-XXX
Holloway-McLeod-XXX
XXX-XXX-XXX
Ryan

Henrique, Foegele and Perry all set to be free agents and usually playing in our top 9.

Our entire 4th line might go as well between Janmark, Brown and Carrick

That doesn't even consider moving Kane.

Maybe Lavoie gets a RW spot. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a chance somewhere else in the offseason.

Reactions: McDoused

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Maybe Lavoie gets a RW spot. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a chance somewhere else in the offseason.
I assume it'll be the same like every other year. Team will have holes, will hope out of camp some of the kids will fill holes. If they don't then they'll have their veteran plan B's play. If nothing sorts itself out by the deadline they'll look for better additions

Not to say he doesn't get traded if something comes up and he is a part of a much larger deal to bring an impact player in.

That and the whole new GM thing throws a wrench into the mix. How guys perform these playoffs will also play into it and of course who knows which of those UFA's end up re-signing to fill some of those holes.

Keep dreaming. Not a chance the Canucks give him up. He's in their top pairing.
Only way they give him up is if he wants stupid money or if arbitration goes horribly wrong and end up burning the bridge, but even then they aren't trading him to us.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I assume it'll be the same like every other year. Team will have holes, will hope out of camp some of the kids will fill holes. If they don't then they'll have their veteran plan B's play. If nothing sorts itself out by the deadline they'll look for better additions

Not to say he doesn't get traded if something comes up and he is a part of a much larger deal to bring an impact player in.

That and the whole new GM thing throws a wrench into the mix. How guys perform these playoffs will also play into it and of course who knows which of those UFA's end up re-signing to fill some of those holes.

Only way they give him up is if he wants stupid money or if arbitration goes horribly wrong and end up burning the bridge, but even then they aren't trading him to us.

Apparently he's doing exactly that. Think it was Friedman who said he's looking for a deal in the high 7's or even 8.

It was interesting talking to a Nuck fan friend about this (he's actually one of the few sober ones). I was saying that you have to move him if that's his number, especially after a one off year, but the response I got was "can't because he's the key to Hughes." He's almost like their Ekholm in the sense that Ekholm is the key to Bouchard. Just kind of funny because they talk about Hughes like he's god, but I'm sorry, the "best D man in the NHL" shouldn't need an overpaid babysitter to make an impact.

Reactions: Oilhawks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Apparently he's doing exactly that. Think it was Friedman who said he's looking for a deal in the high 7's or even 8.

It was interesting talking to a Nuck fan friend about this (he's actually one of the few sober ones). I was saying that you have to move him if that's his number, especially after a one off year, but the response I got was "can't because he's the key to Hughes." He's almost like their Ekholm in the sense that Ekholm is the key to Bouchard. Just kind of funny because they talk about Hughes like he's god, but I'm sorry, the "best D man in the NHL" shouldn't need an overpaid babysitter to make an impact.
Well those numbers aren't shocking to be honest. He is already at 4.5mil and has a career high for points this year and plays in every situation for them.

But if he's too much for them a team that has really nothing signed for next year on the backend, how would he fit here financially?

His agent probably realizes this as well and it is only April, so who knows where that number really ends at. It's honestly not at all surprising though

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Well those numbers aren't shocking to be honest. He is already at 4.5mil and has a career high for points this year and plays in every situation for them.

But if he's too much for them a team that has really nothing signed for next year on the backend, how would he fit here financially?

His agent probably realizes this as well and it is only April, so who knows where that number really ends at. It's honestly not at all surprising though

Oh ya he's not fitting in here under any circumstance. Other than if he wanted to be an Oiler really bad and sign for $4M AAV or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad