Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I bet it'll be Nashville that gets Karlsson. Poile is like the frickin' Wizard of Oz when it comes to blockbuster trades.

I bet it ends up something like Johansen + Fabbro + Glass.

Cody Glass is VGK draft pick. I doubt Nash needs Karlsson tbh. Their defence is pretty much set when Ellis comes back.

If Karlsson does go on the block I have to agree that the Oilers have to go all in to sign him assuming A- its a sign and trade or he has an agreement to extend as soon as he gets off the plane, and B-he passes a physical on his surgically repaired ankle. The only players that would be that would not on the table if I were doing the deal would be Nurse, RNH or Draisatl (one of those 2 would have to be in the trade and I would think it would be Draisatl but Ottawa is a budget team and RNH may be more attractive) and of course McDavid. But I cant see Ottawa trading their franchise player.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Karlsson to San Jose is my prediction. They have the salary to offer and are deep. I could see something like Braun, Hertl +. Another team I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up in Dallas, Anaheim or Vegas either - depending on his no trade list. The Oilers aren't in the mix. No chance.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Karlsson to San Jose is my prediction. They have the salary to offer and are deep. I could see something like Braun, Hertl +. Another team I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up in Dallas, Anaheim or Vegas either - depending on his no trade list. The Oilers aren't in the mix. No chance.

If he goes on the block (which I highly doubt) I believe the Oilers have a very good chance to land him. We probably will have a very high draft pick, as would Ottawa, can offer them a very young first line centre in Draisatl or RNH (RNH is a first line C on about a third of the teams in the NHL), a very good young D in Klefbom who is on a friendly contract, important to Ottawa, a prospect like KY, Benson, or one of our D prospects and the first overall. That is a hell of a package for 1 player.

The Sharks I do not believe have the player and prospect depth, Anaheims D seems pretty set on friendly contracts and already two big ticket players in Getzlaf and Perry, are a bit of a budget team (they traded Pronger over money to the Flyers), and Vegas doesn't have the prospect or player depth and are realistically a ways from contending. Whoever trades for him will pretty much demand a sign and trade, meaning Karlsson is going to commit to that team for 8 years. He wont commit to an expansion team unless they plan on paying him the moon, the stars and the sky they are in.

Id have to believe that a team like the Flyers, deep in prospects and probably a lottery pick and not shy about spending to the cap would be in on something like that, as would the Rangers, Dallas, St Louis, Detroit and Toronto would be in the mix.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017

$26 million in cap to their top three D (Karlsson with 11/y)? Would be one of the most ridiculous D of all time but that's a lot of cap.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
SMH at how suddenly Drai is in the trade talk... here’s a news flash - if we are disgusted at his play for his $8.5 Mil for 8 more years, I’d wager ANY NHL GM out there isn’t salivating at picking that contract up.... just because a player is playing like hot garbage and we want out from that cap killer doesn’t mean other GMs are dumb. We’re stuck with that one. Ouch.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
SMH at how suddenly Drai is in the trade talk... here’s a news flash - if we are disgusted at his play for his $8.5 Mil for 8 more years, I’d wager ANY NHL GM out there isn’t salivating at picking that contract up.... just because a player is playing like hot garbage and we want out from that cap killer doesn’t mean other GMs are dumb. We’re stuck with that one. Ouch.
There are a few teams that are weak up the middle that would kill to have drai. Even with his 8.5 hit. That being said, we did over pay once again to lock up a player long term. A gamble that may or may not pay off

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
The big question is... Is Mrazek a better option than LB? I mean, he's always been a bit of a loose cannon in net and Detroit isn't trying to hold on to him. At least he has more active movement in net than LB, but he was also very eager to jump from the crease quite randomly at least a couple seasons ago.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
The big question is... Is Mrazek a better option than LB? I mean, he's always been a bit of a loose cannon in net and Detroit isn't trying to hold on to him. At least he has more active movement in net than LB, but he was also very eager to jump from the crease quite randomly at least a couple seasons ago.
LB isn't great, but I can't blame him for our loses. I think people are over rating what an experienced back up tender would do. It's our defence that is letting us down

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Meh, LB isn't the problem right now, just the scapegoat.

I see the issues, in order from worst to least relevant, being:
1. McLellan
2. Woodcroft
3. Fitness and conditioning
4. Roster/Chiarelli
5. Backup Goaltending
6. Injuries

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Meh, LB isn't the problem right now, just the scapegoat.

I see the issues, in order from worst to least relevant, being:
1. McLellan
2. Woodcroft
3. Fitness and conditioning
4. Roster/Chiarelli
5. Backup Goaltending
6. Injuries

hmmm

I'd like to trade something for a playoff spot

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
He's not THE problem, but he's certainly a problem.

Capable backups some times give you a chance to win Games you shouldn't. See literally every good backup we've ever had.

Brossoit has given us a chance to lose games we shouldn't, and skewered games we still had a chance to win. He just hasn't been remotely replacement level.

He's young and there is still potential there, but right now he's not ready. The coach and GM can't keep exposing him to the wolves.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He's not THE problem, but he's certainly a problem.

Capable backups some times give you a chance to win Games you shouldn't. See literally every good backup we've ever had.

Brossoit has given us a chance to lose games we shouldn't, and skewered games we still had a chance to win. He just hasn't been remotely replacement level.

He's young and there is still potential there, but right now he's not ready. The coach and GM can't keep exposing him to the wolves.

I guess for some, that Calgary game wasn't enough of a scare.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Drai was once a winger ;)
tumblr_megvkeY4WZ1rkffv3o1_400.gif

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Karlsson isn't going to return anywhere near Draisaitl + Klefbom ++

Sign and trades aren't a thing in the NHL. He will be treated as a pending UFA and will return a package of future assets.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If it was a high pick they were asking for I'd pass. Season is what it is at this point and Talbot is already back. Pissing away picks on a season like this one at this stage likely isn't the best play.

Reactions: Raoul Duke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain