Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Another One

Trade Tyson Barrie before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes, pump and dump.

• No, let it ride.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
I like RNH but his next contract cannot have a 7 in it - either salary or term. Six years and $40 million is as high and long and you can go for a LW. If that's not enough then I try trade him to BOS for Debrusk. BOS is going to need a center about RNH's age real soon and that would be a nice landing spot for him. Debrusk puts up similar points and has better on-ice stats - obviously not as flexible - but half as expensive at $3.675 for another year.

Debrusk versus RNH (on-ice 2017-2020)

Debrusk versus RNH (points 2017-2020)

Debrusk and Holloway as our LW going forward would be just fine with me. Use the other $3 million you save to buy a real 3C who can PK and you have filled two holes in one shot.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I like RNH but his next contract cannot have a 7 in it - either salary or term. Six years and $40 million is as high and long and you can go for a LW. If that's not enough then I try trade him to BOS for Debrusk. BOS is going to need a center about RNH's age real soon and that would be a nice landing spot for him. Debrusk puts up similar points and has better on-ice stats - obviously not as flexible - but half as expensive at $3.675 for another year.

Debrusk versus RNH (on-ice 2017-2020)

Debrusk versus RNH (points 2017-2020)

Debrusk and Holloway as our LW going forward would be just fine with me. Use the other $3 million you save to buy a real 3C who can PK and you have filled two holes in one shot.

Debrusk is far from the player RNH is. RNH fills a need and is wanted by Mcdavid. I would be shocked if he isn’t re-signed.

I could swallow a 7 on the dollar side, would be tougher on the term. I will be surprised to see the dollars not in the 7M range. Holland won’t let him walk considering he’s been a lifetime Oiler, despite Holland not being here for his tenure he has a history of paying loyal veterans. He’s a big part of the PP, and he’s probably going to be stapled to Mcdavid.

You just have to hope they don’t go full Jeff Skinner and pay him to a franchise crippling contract and he gives up.

The thing is too, who replaces him? No Hall is not the answer, Debrusk is a serious downgrade. There just isn’t a cheaper or better option right now.

Reactions: ujju2
Feb 9, 2013
I hope Hall signs in Buffalo even if it's just to end this charade. Better him signing with a bottom feeder like that then the rumoured 'hometown' signing anyhow (Flames actually need a player like him).

I would love the flames to sign hall to a big and long contract...

Reactions: Oilhawks

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
This upcoming off-season feels like the most pivotal off-season since 2015, in that we have a lot of opportunity to steer the ship in a crucial direction.

Things to watch out for:
  • Does James Neal get bought out?
  • Which defensemen does Holland protect in the expansion draft?
  • Do Khaira &or Chiasson get extensions?
  • How is Nuge's contract situation handled?
  • We have an abundance of defenseman. Who does Holland move forward with? Will he target Dougie Hamilton? Will he trade one of Larsson/Barrie at the deadline?
  • How will Holland add depth to our line-up? Will he sign a middle-6 LW and a better 3C?
  • Will we get Holloway signed and playing in the AHL at the end of the NCAA season?
  • Will Holland acquire a starting goaltender? (The expansion draft may create some interesting opportunities on this front).
Personally, I feel that goaltending and 3C are the greatest areas of concern atm. Holloway might be a 3rd line option next year but I know the more conservative folks around here won't like the sound of that.

Nuge/McDavid/JP
FA Signing/Drai/Yams
Kahun/FA Signing/Kassian
Ennis/Haas/Archibald

I don't mind Kahun as a middle-6 option, not necessarily a staple in the top 6. That's why I propose signing a middle-6 LW. Also, sign a legit 3C... there will be lots this off-season.

We have internal options such as Benson, McLeod, and Marody who could push for bottom-6 time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad