Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | McKenzie: "EDM and Tyson Barrie are getting closer to a multi-year contract"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
Exactly. Flames have literally done NOTHING this offseason other than get Pitlick. There was rumors of Tkachuk getting traded, Gaudreau traded, buying out someone, but nothing. It's almost like they gave up this season to try to ride out one more then do something. We could be them. But thankfully, we aren't. At all.

They are gonna swing for the fences on Eichel, fail miserably, then proceed to tell everyone how much they tried.
Trade requests soon to follow.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Getzlaf instead of Bonino? Suter instead of Tatar? Just some options I see.

As well I wonder one of those spots is filled by a Bear trade.

I like the idea of bringing Barrie back but he's a smaller guy (as is Bear) so you end up with a relatively undersized D-corps again and to me that was one of the major problems the team had on defense last year. I suppose they could still add some size in the #5-#6 spots.

If the Kosko/Smith duo returns then except for adding a 38 year old D-man the defensive backfield (pun intended) is essentially unchanged from last season except that your shut-down corner is gone.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
PURE SPECULATION:

Media guys playing down a Kuemper trade. Arizona wants a first, EDM only willing to do a second. Kenny bluffing as he is firm on his offer. Saying he is willing to run Smith Koskinen next year if he has to. That's the best offer they'll get.

We don't have a second to trade. It's tied up in the Keith deal condition.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Omg so the garbage at backup stays? Yeah we’re all in with first shot first goal koskisuck

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Man is our D really going to be:

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Russell-Bouchard
Koekkoek/Lagesson?

Something like that?

That seems definitely worse than what we iced game 4 vs WPG.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Man is our D really going to be:

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Russell-Bouchard
Koekkoek/Lagesson?

Something like that?

That seems definitely worse than what we iced game 4 vs WPG.
We aren't trading Bear unless we get a shutdown D back. It has been reported in every tweet on the subject.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Hyman details

Yr 1 1.55M Salary +1M Signing Bonus
Yr 2 5.1M
Yr 3 7.65M
Yr 4 7.7M
Yr 5 5.425M +1M SB
Yr 6 2.175M+3M SB
Yr 7 2.65M+1.25M SB

Yr 1-5 NMC
Yr 6-7 10 Team "Yes" trade list

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Give him 6X6 Flames!

Imagine that. How come no one talks about Coleman breaking down either? Guy is 29, plays a hard game and stats don’t scream too 6. I hope they overpay to get him to come to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad