Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | McKenzie: "EDM and Tyson Barrie are getting closer to a multi-year contract"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
PURE SPECULATION:

Media guys playing down a Kuemper trade. Arizona wants a first, EDM only willing to do a second. Kenny bluffing as he is firm on his offer. Saying he is willing to run Smith Koskinen next year if he has to. That's the best offer they'll get.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
There has been rumblings since before the draft that we could go with this duo again. I wonder if the plan is do to an in season trade

I think the plan is to create a diversion to not destroy the trade market for Mikko. If you telegraph that your not happy with your trash goaltending, that devalues what you have. If people believe you'd actually be comfortable bringing back the same duo, though not ideal, then there's at least a chance other teams believe that and have mild interest in Koskinen at 50% to be a competent, though expensive, back-up.

It's quite possible teams like Arizona, Nashville, Carolina, San Jose might have mild interest in Koskinen. Nashville makes some sense to me, but again, they'll likely fish for cheaper UFAs first.

Reactions: joestevens29

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
PURE SPECULATION:

Media guys playing down a Kuemper trade. Arizona wants a first, EDM only willing to do a second. Kenny bluffing as he is firm on his offer. Saying he is willing to run Smith Koskinen next year if he has to. That's the best offer they'll get.

I doubt it. I bet you it's Koskinen and Bear for Kuemper + 2nd Round pick

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I know Oilers need to be doing more this off season especially their goaltender.

but what is Calgary doing lol. No buyouts, no trades, lost their captain and only acquired Pitlick lol. We could have it a lot worse

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
4.5m/3yrs is extremely manageable.
After some of the contracts handed out to D men, that seemed like an impossibility.
If true, it gives us some much needed wiggle room.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I know Oilers need to be doing more this off season especially their goaltender.

but what is Calgary doing lol. No buyouts, no trades, lost their captain and only acquired Pitlick lol. We could have it a lot worse

Stuck in nowheresville

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Exactly. Flames have literally done NOTHING this offseason other than get Pitlick. There was rumors of Tkachuk getting traded, Gaudreau traded, buying out someone, but nothing. It's almost like they gave up this season to try to ride out one more then do something. We could be them. But thankfully, we aren't. At all.

Reactions: Pugilist

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I'm not even joking btw, I think his game would make a great transition to the wing with his shot/his ability to make plays in close spaces/his skating, and a defensive dumpster fire winger is more palatable than a defensive liability defenseman. We can also keep him in his PP QB office and give the 6 dressed dmen more rest time overall b/c nobody has to man the power play. Doubt it'll ever happen though unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad