Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Free Agency Interview Period Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Basically the same either way in cases like this.

You aren't going to commit long term to this player and you can sign him to a 1 year deal but then he just goes the Mark Stone route next summer.

You mean Strome will have arb rights and will choose arbitration to sign a 1-year and assure UFA regardless?

I think the relationship would have to turn alot more sour and things look just as dire for next season for that thought to become a hard reality. Even if that were to occur, you still have a semblance of team control, you trade the asset before the arbitration hearing (What Ottawa should be doing with Stone, unless they can throw money at him to sign a longterm).

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah, I'd love to see Upshall on a 1 year deal. Our bottom six would be pretty cagey. I'm also of the belief that we need Kassian here. We have a tough, instigator/agitator that can fly and I believe it would be stupid to get rid of him. I'd much rather see Kassian here than Aberg. He fills a more defined role.

A 4th line of Upshall, Brodziak and Kassian would drive other teams nuts. All of them play the PK as well. Insert JJ into Upshalls spot failing signing him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm pretty bullish on him as well, but apparently there's serious health concerns. Not that the team shouldn't sign him, that he might not be able to play
He'd have to be healthy to be bought out. I think it's the case that maybe he is done because of injuries, but what is the cost to really sign him?

He's going to be a contract that if he's no good you can bury his contract.

There is a chance that he is gaining momentum after missing 60 games 2 years ago and 30 a year ago. He just seems like another guy that we can try in the top 6 and see what happens. Seems like a real low risk move.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ennis is a no brainer to me, as was Duclair. Guys that can play in the top 6 for no money, and if they click with the elite talent on the team the reward is so much higher than the risk. They don't need players who are bad at hockey but "fit a role". They need scorers.

Also if Kassian needs a Bouma or Upshall to get his game going, just get him off the team. Kassian is supposed to be that guy on his own, and he wasn't anywhere close last season. This team can't afford to have line of crashers and bangers, they have no depth scoring as it is.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Would he not have the same mentality on a 1-year that leaves him an RFA? Still playing for a contract.

Sorry Jimmi, not sure I follow. Do you mean the same money both years?
Sorry as his recent contract. No raise, but a chance to strike it big at the end with continued progression maybe?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Gunna suck watching Dubas snap up all of the players we talk about on HFOil

Between Carolina, Arizona and Toronto I dont know if well ever acquire a player we talk about on here lol

Reactions: Aerrol

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Gunna suck watching Dubas snap up all of the players we talk about on HFOil

Between Carolina, Arizona and Toronto I dont know if well ever acquire a player we talk about on here lol

We signed Rieder and Brodziak. ;)

Beef Bacon

Jan 9, 2018
With all the talk of upshall and Bouma possibly being signed I wonder if scott Hartnell might be a good option for the bottom 6 winger spot.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
$4.97 left for Nurse and a depth forward. Can teams still offer-sheet Nurse?
364527d6-24a3-4f04-87bf-02fad9c94021.png

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm still a little surprised Orpik isn't signed. Was a main component of WSH PK and well teams apparently still love toughness.

Even Hamhuis played 20 mintues a night last year. Was Dallas #3 scoring while getting very little PP time. Was essentially their #3 d-man last year.

Wonder if they are both waiting for the perfect fit or over priced themselves?

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
The market on extra forwards with some potential, who would come in under 1mil is shrinking fast.

Would have loved Duclair or Ennis on either of those deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad