Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Expansion Trade Freeze zzzzz Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Agree!! Look at Colorado. Their star players put up 40 point seasons this years.

RNH/Ebs/Hall still gave something for fans to cheer about during our tank

I love when posters say our core "dialed it in". It's hilarious

Edit:

And not 1 of them came on record saying it's time for a change. Duchene for example LOVES Coloarado and even he admitted it's time for a change

The core did have problems when they were here, but it certainly wasn't their fault for the failed rebuild. The lack of a winning culture combined with terrible scouting/drafting, a management regime filled with old boys drunk on their past glories, and veterans that didn't give a **** other than cashing juicy paychecks. (Belanger) were mainly at fault. Hall reaching 80 points under a garbage coach in Eakins, RNH coming back way too soon from injury, etc.
No way in hell would I blame RNH, Eberle, or Hall. Those 3 at least made watching the past Oilers hockey tolerable enough, despite the team being dog ****.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Ryan Murray sucks.

Actually, it's kind of interesting to use the 2012 draft as a case study:

Sure the draft consensus might be this or that, but it doesn't mean it'll be right.

2017 has 2012 potential.

Good year to own 22nd overall since I feel like they can get a Giroux, Eberle, Pacioretty etc. type this year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Dibs!! I've got the first $50 on Soundwave leading the charge on the "let's waive Ryan Murray" thread

If he sucks here, wash your hands of him and move on. It's Eberle's fault he has been given every opportunity to succeed here.

What else are we supposed to do to improve his trade value? Playing with the Art Ross Trophy winner for two years is not enough? Perhaps we can get value if we were to have Sidney Crosby come play with him?

The fact of the matter is we are in a **** spot with Eberle and it's his fault. We're not going to get much for him no matter what happens now.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
The core did have problems when they were here, but it certainly wasn't their fault for the failed rebuild. The lack of a winning culture combined with terrible scouting/drafting, a management regime filled with old boys drunk on their past glories, and veterans that didn't give a **** other than cashing juicy paychecks. (Belanger) were mainly at fault. Hall reaching 80 points under a garbage coach in Eakins, RNH coming back way too soon from injury, etc.
No way in hell would I blame RNH, Eberle, or Hall. Those 3 at least made watching the past Oilers hockey tolerable enough, despite the team being dog ****.

:yo:

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Can't wait till Draisaitl regresses to a normal shooting percentage and Soundwave leading the charge to have him traded for Bennett.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
If he sucks here, wash your hands of him and move on. It's Eberle's fault he has been given every opportunity to succeed here.

What else are we supposed to do to improve his trade value? Playing with the Art Ross Trophy winner for two years is not enough? Perhaps we can get value if we were to have Sidney Crosby come play with him.

The fact of the matter is we are in a **** spot with Eberle and it's his fault. We're not going to get much for him no matter what happens now.

Just a little fun fact for you. Eberle's resume doesn't limit to McDavid

He scored more/equal points without him

Your Eberle posts are simply:shakehead

In a couple years when we talk about Eichel on a terrible team we can all say he was gifted minutes and handed every opportunity to succeed....but we all know he actually sucks. How dare he play top line minutes for 4 years and not make playoffs!? Biggest bust in the NHL!! Trade him for Yakupov stat!!

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Can't wait till Draisaitl regresses to a normal shooting percentage and Soundwave leading the charge to have him traded for Bennett.

Tell you what, if Leon's 27 years old and has had 4 declining seasons in a row after getting a raise to 7.5 million and is dragging Connor McDavid's production down and then going for 0 goals in 13 playoff games ... damn right I will be leading that charge.

It's nothing personal against Eberle. He has been given his chances here and instead of helping his trade value he has dropped it.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Not even Tavares would have worked here. Hell I don't think Mcdavid would have if he had that atrocious team from 2010 to 2014. Pull up any GameDay roster from then and I'd be surprised if more than 60% of guys were still in the nhl

No team in the NHL would be successful with the blueline the Oilers had over the years.

Nikitin, Potter, Foster, Barker, Grebeshkov, Chorney, Gilbert, Plante, Potter, Peckham, Teubert, an injury prone Whitney, etc.

But yes.. its Hall, RNH, and Eberle's fault on why the Oilers never succeeded :facepalm:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd love to snag Dumba and Vatanen from Vegas. Gitter done Chia!

Cost will be RNH for those types of pieces. Their center depth is the one position they will need help with. We should consider it but I don't think RNH gets you both, more like 1 + a much lesser piece.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Is this a concern for Draisaitl?

He's clearly a 14-15 percent shooter.

That translates to like, 3 goals less.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
No team in the NHL would be successful with the blueline the Oilers had over the years.

Nikitin, Potter, Foster, Barker, Grebeshkov, Chorney, Gilbert, Plante, Potter, Peckham, Teubert, an injury prone Whitney, etc.

But yes.. its Hall, RNH, and Eberle's fault on why the Oilers never succeeded :facepalm:

This.

The moment the Oilers get a healthy Klefbom and Sekera got pushed down to pairing 2, all of a sudden they're better.

Keep in mind also the years of horrible goaltending too. Devan Dubnyk was solid under Ralph Krueger, otherwise it was atrocious.

Cam Talbot comes in and after a rough first month (which had many here already wanting his head), he becomes the star we need him to be.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

There can be multiple reasons. Pittsburgh just won a Cup with garbage on the back end. Hall/RNH/Eberle never had the support, but they also weren't that good to begin with.

Seguin is a better player than Hall. Just flat out. He has a better shot, better handles, better hockey I.Q.

Eberle is a 22 overall pick.

RNH is a weak no.1 overall, he had 30 good games before he got hit and has never recovered. Which shows an incredible amount of fragility.

We never got a Tavares/Stamkos tier player until the Draisaitl and McDavid picks. In a funny way Mac T through his incompetence may have saved the franchise another 10 years of crap.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

What's with the urge to defend Hall, Nuge and Eberle? The D was crap and the team's $6M core weren't every good either.

It's not all Hall/Nuge/Eberle's fault, but they aren't blameless either.

Lemme guess you still think the Oilers lost the Hall/Larsson trade? :)

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Cost will be RNH for those types of pieces. Their center depth is the one position they will need help with. We should consider it but I don't think RNH gets you both, more like 1 + a much lesser piece.

Fair assessment. I wouldn't do the trade though, but you know my positive views of Nuge.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
What's with the urge to defend Hall, Nuge and Eberle. The D was crap and the team's $6M core weren't every good either.

Lemme guess you still think the Oilers lost the Hall/Larsson trade?
:)

We certainly weren't losing because of Hall-Nuge-Eberle. We were losing because of physicality and defence. That's actually why I think we won the Hall-Larsson trade. So you just contradicted yourself lol.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
This.

The moment the Oilers get a healthy Klefbom and Sekera got pushed down to pairing 2, all of a sudden they're better.

Keep in mind also the years of horrible goaltending too. Devan Dubnyk was solid under Ralph Krueger, otherwise it was atrocious.

Cam Talbot comes in and after a rough first month (which had many here already wanting his head), he becomes the star we need him to be.

No doubt. MacT ended up firing Krueger for no good apparent reason (over skype WTF) to hire that joke of a coach in Eakins. Fitness guru with the swarm ass derpa derp, give me a break.

The fact that Hall managed to reach 80 points under him speaks volume on how good he actually is. Unfortunately, Eakins ended up regressing everyone else, and he honestly made watching hockey dreadful. Can't imagine how it was to play under him, especially when he does crap like moving the ping pong table out of the Oilers dressing room. Way to take the fun out of literally anything.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Tell you what, if Leon's 27 years old and has had 4 declining seasons in a row after getting a raise to 7.5 million and is dragging Connor McDavid's production down and then going for 0 goals in 13 playoff games ... damn right I will be leading that charge.

It's nothing personal against Eberle. He has been given his chances here and instead of helping his trade value he has dropped it.

It most certainly is personal otherwise you would make much more of an effort to be accurate in what you post.
You have posted a lot of nonsense in this thread and some of this nonsense has gone unchallenged.
So please do support the false narrative you are spinning in this post.
Show your work.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Is it fair to say the Penguins D gets vastly underrated?

Justin Schultz put up 50+ points, Brian Dumoulin/Trevor Daley both mobile and can move the puck, Ron Hainsey is a solid NHL vet on the PK, Mark Streit even is the No.7 and he can still dish the puck quite well. Ian Cole is another guy who is just solid, does his job and moves the puck well.

The only guy I don't like is Olli Maatta and he's young.

Add Kris Letang to that and a threepeat is possible, but three of them are UFAs (Hainsey, Streit, Daley).

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
There can be multiple reasons. Pittsburgh just won a Cup with garbage on the back end. Hall/RNH/Eberle never had the support, but they also weren't that good to begin with.

Seguin is a better player than Hall. Just flat out. He has a better shot, better handles, better hockey I.Q.

Eberle is a 22 overall pick.

RNH is a weak no.1 overall, he had 30 good games before he got hit and has never recovered. Which shows an incredible amount of fragility.

We never got a Tavares/Stamkos tier player until the Draisaitl and McDavid picks. In a funny way Mac T through his incompetence may have saved the franchise another 10 years of crap.

Even so, with the way Hall's reputation off ice got hit around here. Seguin would've had it worst. He's a party freak, and that's one of the reasons why he got ousted from the bruins. My point is, those 3 never failed the Oilers. All 3 of them, especially Hall did whatever they could to help the team win during the failed rebuild. But with the blueline they had and terrible goaltending, it never was gonna happen.

What's with the urge to defend Hall, Nuge and Eberle? The D was crap and the team's $6M core weren't every good either.

Lemme guess you still think the Oilers lost the Hall/Larsson trade? :)

Please provide evidence on when I ever said that, because you're putting words in my mouth that I never said. :shakehead

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Is this a concern for Draisaitl?

He's clearly a 14-15 percent shooter.

That translates to like, 3 goals less.

The average is 9.11%, and everyone's shooting mostly stays at that average at the end of their careers unless you're like Ovechkin or Crosby. I can see him being an 11% shooter but not at a steady pace of 15%, that's nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad