Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | "Dollar In, Dollar Out"

Whose Dollars Are Out By The Trade Deadline?

• Tyson Barrie ($3,750,000)

• Ethan Bear ($2,000,000)

• Alex Chiasson ($2,150,000)

• Mikko Koskinen ($4,500,000)

• Adam Larsson ($4,166,666)

• James Neal ($5,750,000)

• Ryan Nugent-Hopkins ($6,000,000)

• Kyle Turris ($1,650,000)

• No Trades Made ($0,000,000)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Did anybody listen to 120 this morning. One of the hosts said he has talked to numerous players the past year and they say some of the refs have bigger egos than some NHL stars lol. Refs get mad if you don't remember their names, call them by their names, and they will hold things like that against you.
That doesn’t surprise me at all. The egos refs have is insane. Like just blow your flute and don’t interfere with the game. That’s why I even hate McCauley’s over the top calls. Like you’re a ref, stop trying to be part of the game. I hated that corny shit they did at the World Juniors, too, where the refs all had some stupid saying off the first face off. I just really hate referees, they’re a necessary evil.

I’m grumpy today. End rant haha

Reactions: barry halls

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd say just get used to the idea of Smith being back, he's played quite well & Tippett loves and trusts him, plus Holland has never been scared of sticking with vets.

Maybe I took in the wrong Pittsburgh games this season, but I think our defensive structure is better than theirs.

We don't make the playoffs without good goaltending pretty much ever.

So if Holland wants to gamble again next season on a 40 year old getting them there, he's taking a big risk.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's one thing to identify the need for consistent goaltending, another thing altogether to find that goalie.

I'm not sure you do it by firing the money cannon at the problem either. Look at Markstrom this season as a cautionary tale.

I suspect Markstrom's record would look a lot better in Edmonton. He made a big mistake signing with them over us.

Sutter is trying to win games 1-0, he's out of touch.

Reactions: SK13 and Faelko

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Stat count the refs like they do with players and make it transparent and public. Even just that small amount of change would help.

Missed calls, incorrect calls, etc. We get to all watch and pick apart every player in the league, and their contracts and notoriety are argued heavily on their statistics. Do it with the refs. For anyone who says it's not fair:

According to estimates, NHL referees earn between $165,000 and $360,000 per year, while linesmen make $110,000 to $235,000.

Could you imagine making that much while consistently being horrible at your job, or in some cases as we've seen recently, actively not doing it properly?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
We don't make the playoffs without good goaltending pretty much ever.

So if Holland wants to gamble again next season on a 40 year old getting them there, he's taking a big risk.

Hopefully there will be an upgrade on Koskinen, but I'd like to keep Smith as a backup.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I suspect Markstrom's record would look a lot better in Edmonton. He made a big mistake signing with them over us.

Sutter is trying to win games 1-0, he's out of touch.

Coaching like it's 2004 may have worked when he had Doughty, Kopitar, Richards, and Quick in their primes but it quickly failed the second he didn't and it's failing now.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Calgary has a really underwhelming blue line. Gio no longer elite and Brodie, it turns out, was a key cog. I bet they pursue Barrie this off-season... Treliving might be saved by the fact that there are no fans in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad